Thread: Navigo V2 Firmware

Thanks

Icon7 Navigo V2 Firmware

Hopefully someone can help

I am looking for an original or modified firmware for a Navigo SY885 V2
    My satnav was backed up and I have a copy of the file produced by CEregedit but need to reload back to my device, however I have no access to USB nor Activesync.
    So I need a way of loading firmware using SD card
    I have searched everywhere with no sucess
    Can anyone help ? or is it well and truly bricked

Thanks
    Im trying to make a file on the sd card to boot my navigo v2 to use turbodog (yes i know) My unit has resident flash but there is a file/program missing and the unit will not bootup.The unit works on tt6.but this is out of date. i just want to put the unit back to run turbodog.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by billcoachman View Post
    Im trying to make a file on the sd card to boot my navigo v2 to use turbodog (yes i know) My unit has resident flash but there is a file/program missing and the unit will not bootup.The unit works on tt6.but this is out of date. i just want to put the unit back to run turbodog.
    turbodog v5 has 2 folders on the sdcard, and there should be a backup on the disk you got with the unit

these are the 2 folders

Maps
    MobileNavigator

the mobilenavigator folder has the MobileNavigator.exe file to run the unit (as usual) and some folders and files too, and is about 28mb or so

the maps folder is a lot bigger, also containing files and folders

so if you dig out the original cd the files should be on there, copy to sdcard and it should boot

Thanks
    Hi(echelon)I made the two folders on the sd card but the unit still will not run message of (fatal error) used both active sync and a sdcard reader still nothing
    works .I have done a comparison with my friends navigo and his unit don't have the resident flash file .when i copy your file of the v2 folder the unit starts and can read the files tt.windows desktop time and others .so i thinks its down to the missing files in resident flash.how can i add turbodog maps and mobilenavigator to but from that menu.Or does any body have a rom flash file of the navigo v2
    Last edited by billcoachman; 29-10-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks
    Hi anybody got any information as to how to can get this unit working back on turbodog .As if have said before the unit runs on tt6 form a sdmmc card boots up and finds gps .all sounds work .turns off ok .if i load echelons v2 files the unit boots up ok (didn't try loading maps).i just want to run the unit on turbodog 5 from the sd card but keep get message fatal error.the unit has some softwear on it call windows mobile 68?and something called greensoft? also a file resident flash.this file can't be renamed or added to in anyway .i have run my bothers unit and his is on windows ce .no resident flash file or greensoft.i have made a back up of both units with cereg edit .could i backup his reg to my unit or could somebody tell me how to make turbodog boot from sdcard .if know how it should work but it doesn't

Thanks
    So nobody out there with any answers as to why this navigo will not work running turbodog from the sd card .I have run a cereg edit between the two units and there are 159 differances between the two units.Does anybody know if i can use the backup from the working unit that runs turbodog to correct the none working unit

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Have you not got the original SD card that came with the unit ?
    You should never use the original card for trying other software . There cheap enough to buy . I have kept the original cards that came with my v1 & v2 ,should I ever need to sell the units as original . At the time I put TT on mine , I thought if anything would go wrong I could allways go back to turbo dog . As it happens I had no problems with both of the Navigos . Hacking the reg on v1 to put Igo ,TT and Miomap on and leaving v2 as standard with just TT on .
    Fine satnavs they are too , but I like the v2 [3.5"] the best .

Thanks
    Hi rickt i have the original cd and the sd card that came with the unit .All the turbodog Maps/Navigation files are still on the sd card but the unit will not boot to this card .We have made a new sdmmc card with the turbodog files and we only get a error message (activation fald).Installed tt6 unit boots and works reads maps .gps signal.What we have found out is one of dads work mates used the unit with igo8 and remove/installed a file in somthing called resident flash.When we do a cereg edit comparison we my bothers unit and dads there are 159 diffrances .no resident flash file.and my bothers unit works off the new sd card.So we know
    its not the card or the sd copy of the maps it must be something to do with the unit .My bothers unit is set to boot from sdmmc .dads is set to boot from resident flash\?Can we backup dads unit with my bother cereg backup copy or change the boot order to the same as my brothers unit .

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I dont understand what's happended to your navigo . Have you changed the registry ? . If so , is it not possible to change the registry back to what is was
    ? , if that is indeed the cause of the problem .