Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of getting an xbox for the Family but...

Thanks
    Yeah i got myself 10 Verbitam Discs to start me off but thanx for the info m8.

Thanks

Icon10

Hi all,Got the new burner today and installed it,all went well,opened up imgburn,selected the .dvd file from 1 of the games id d/loaded,popped in the xbox but all that comes up is XBOX 360 and the little logo above it??
    Ive been doing some reading and came across this allthreedvdsf360.jpg
    Seems i have a Phillips drive in mine and i read that these cant be done?the lad i got it off (missus Nephew)swears blind that it played dodgey games and he even gave me a few with it albeit i didnt try themIs it true the Phillips cant be done or has that sinced changed?thanx again for any help/info
    Last edited by EDGE; 27-03-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks
    have a 360 for online gameing ,and the older 360 which is no longer used but working perfectly,,,,have searched the net for xbox modding tutorials but havent realy got anything decent yet,
    have soft modded the wii for the kids but there getting a bit tired of it,,,would be interested in modding the 360 ,if you had any info ,that would be great

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EDGE View Post
    Hi all,Got the new burner today and installed it,all went well,opened up imgburn,selected the .dvd file from 1 of the games id d/loaded,popped in the xbox but all that comes up is XBOX 360 and the little logo above it??
    Ive been doing some reading and came across this allthreedvdsf360.jpg
    Seems i have a Phillips drive in mine and i read that these cant be done?the lad i got it off (missus Nephew)swears blind that it played dodgey games and he even gave me a few with it albeit i didnt try themIs it true the Phillips cant be done or has that sinced changed?thanx again for any help/info
    All drives can be done if there the old phat 360 and not the new slim. The new slim drives are a bit more complicated. If its a philips liteon or Benq phat drive then it should be fine. So it depends what firmware is on the dvd drive. I think this is right that any firmware older than LT.Plus.v3.0 can not play the new xgd3 games. So if the dvd drive is on LT.Plus.v2.0 or older then your new burned xgd3 discs won't play. Have u tried the older games that you got with it and do they work?

Thanks
    Yeah Bono m8,tried the other games and none work,someone fooked about with the box when i first got it,deleted some stuff,profiles ect so hes probably done something he shouldnt have,its the old phat one that i have,i suppose i will have to send it away to be redone or is it easy to flash?thanx for ya help m8,im off to work now so catch ya later m8,cheers.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hello everyone.

@EDGE

Microsoft periodically provide updates for the XBOX which can be installed from either a game disc or downloaded from xbox live. One of these dashboard updates (13146) was released to combat piracy and what it did was re-flash your DVD drive with stock firmware which meant that backups wouldn't play any more. I don't know exactly why your xbox doesn't play backups but it's possible that your nephew upgraded it without knowing the consequences. It's still possible to flash back to ixtreme firmware but it's just a bit of a hassle now. It's actually better to get your phat converted using the Reset Glitch Hack (RGH) which will enable you to unpack the .iso game file and load it onto the hard drive without having to go through the bother of making a DVD.

Regards to all,

Peckish

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    Hello everyone.

@EDGE

Microsoft periodically provide updates for the XBOX which can be installed from either a game disc or downloaded from xbox live. One of these dashboard updates (13146) was released to combat piracy and what it did was re-flash your DVD drive with stock firmware which meant that backups wouldn't play any more. I don't know exactly why your xbox doesn't play backups but it's possible that your nephew upgraded it without knowing the consequences. It's still possible to flash back to ixtreme firmware but it's just a bit of a hassle now. It's actually better to get your phat converted using the Reset Glitch Hack (RGH) which will enable you to unpack the .iso game file and load it onto the hard drive without having to go through the bother of making a DVD.

Regards to all,

Peckish
    Yep thats spot on m8, I forgot about that update that halfed flashed the drive as well. That is what it will have done. Converting it to RGH is a good idea BUT I had a go at that hack and cos I'm useless at soldering I fooked a couple of 360's having a go hehehe. So I bought an rgh in the end. U can still flash the drive but if its a liteon u need to extract the key from the drive. Might be worth finding someone to do it for you if you can.

Thanks

Icon14

Thanx for replies Peckish/Bono,im gonna send it away today to all be done,regarding the updates,ive noticed on the discs that id burnt after downloading the games that they both contained System Updates,do these automaticly update when the disc is put in the xbox?is there a way of removing the update from the game if need be?Many Thanx again for your help.

V.I.P
    Thanks

Reset Glitch Hack

Hello everyone.

@EDGE

It might cost you £30 to get your DVD key dumped and for your drive to be re-flashed, yet for around £50 you could have the Reset Glitch Hack mod done which means that you won't have to bother using your DVD drive ever again. Both methods will have to be upgraded at some time in the future when Microsoft introduce new anti-piracy measures but at least with the RGH hack you can update that yourself without opening your xbox again.
    With the RGH mod you just unpack the game iso and then copy it directly to your xbox hard drive (or external hard drive) and play the game directly. During the unpacking of the iso file you also have the opportunity to remove the system update folder so that you cannot accidentally upgrade the machine. I would look around to see if you can find prices lower than the ones I quoted as they do differ quite considerably.

Regards to all,

Peckish.

Thanks
    Since got the drive back and all working fine now,only cost me £17 so thas ok,a m8 of mine has lent me a couple of original games but im wanting to copy them if possible,what do i need to do that?

Thanks
    Since got the drive back and all working fine now,only cost me £17 so thas ok,a m8 of mine has lent me a couple of original games but im wanting to copy them if possible,what do i need to do that?
    I've never copied originals but there is plenty of tutorials out there. U have to rip it to an iso and then burn that.

Thanks
    I think you need an old Benq xbox drive to rip a game as I looked into it recently and it seemed a faff. I repaired an old xbox someone had given me and then got the IHas drive much the same as EDGE has. So looked at the best way of doing things. Hardly play it now its working anyway!
    I just find the games through other means and leave them going overnight.

Thanks
    What software would i use to rip it to an iso?

Thanks
    _http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/can-i-rip-xbox-360-games-to-pc.544178/

I was wrong. For originals u need a Kreon dvd drive or an xbox drive with 0800 firmware. So its another dvd drive needed m8. Never ripped originals, funnily enough have never needed to for some reason.

Thanks
    Can i still use xbox live if i use an original game even tho my drive has been flashed??TIA for any info.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    ive always played online .

i use abgx360 to check my images before i burn them .

Thanks
    Can i still use xbox live if i use an original game even tho my drive has been flashed??TIA for any info.
    It is better not to m8 ?

Thanks
    In truth, like the other post states, its more prudent not to. However, I had a flashed 360 but got fed up of never playing online so I got it reflashed to original firmware and started playing original games online. A few years later no problems. i can even still play copied games, the older ones, but rarely do. In truth, I had 100s of copied games but found that i only played about five regularly so I bought second-hand originals instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12