Thread: which PS3 for copied discs?

Thanks

which PS3 for copied discs?

hi guys,
    which PS3 is best for unlocking to play copied games on, (how is this done)? does it matter if its an older or newer slimline model?
    many thanks.

Thanks
    I think u need a ps3 running 3.41 so a new one will not work. Although I'm a little behind on it. I'm pretty sure the newest firmware is not hacked.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I got a 320GB PS3 Slim from Salisbury last week (Move + free game £289), and it has V3.50 loaded.

It looks like you need firmware no later than V3.55 to do the Homebrew / Jailbreak, as the box will not load new firmware via the external USB.

Some of the new games need V3.60 to run, but Pkg hacks can be loaded get a round this...

When I got time I am looking at loading 3.55 Kmeaw or maybe Rebug 3.55.1 and multiMAN !!!

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f178/new...lection-86484/
    Last edited by blueking; 03-06-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blueking View Post
    I got a 320GB PS3 Slim from Salisbury last week (Move + free game £289), and it has V3.50 loaded.

It looks like you need firmware no later than V3.55 to do the Homebrew / Jailbreak, as the box will not load new firmware via the external USB.

Some of the new games need V3.60 to run, but Pkg hacks can be loaded get a round this...

When I got time I am looking at loading 3.55 Kmeaw or maybe Rebug 3.55.1 and multiMAN !!!

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f178/new...lection-86484/
    Yep spot on. I think as long as your running 3.55 or lower then you can jailbreak it. Just grabbed Infamous 2 which has a working eboot.bin for 3.41 - 3.55 firmware. I'm still using 3.41 and a dongle, and using multiman to patch the games.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    "Some of the new games need V3.60 to run"

my mates PS3 has somehow got the v3.60 firmware even though it has not been on the internet and the PS3 is now 2 years old ........???

Are they shipping some of the new games with v3.60 on ??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rickt View Post
    "Some of the new games need V3.60 to run"

my mates PS3 has somehow got the v3.60 firmware even though it has not been on the internet and the PS3 is now 2 years old ........???

Are they shipping some of the new games with v3.60 on ??
    Yes, thats how his PS3 will have been updated with the latest firmware. MS do the same with their newer games which means the copying scene will be up **** creak when MS start using the newer larger format discs later this year, unless they somehow find a fix.