Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Help thread VU+duo and your opinions/REVIEWS !

Thanks

Help thread VU+duo and your opinions/REVIEWS !

Just for people who need help no comparisions to any other boxes in here please
    Last edited by A; 30-01-2010 at 07:36 AM.

Thanks
    I am trying to install sats manually everytime I go to positioner setup it crashes Using gemini 8000 image on USB
    wHAT CAN BE WRONG , i am setting it up the same way as a DM 800
    I have sets the sats from tuner configuration using just one tuner here
    Its with all DM 8000, 800 images but not true when I use VTI there positioner set up does not hang
    Any idea ??

Thanks
    let us know what images you are using

Thanks
    Just finished sort of playing with it
    Great box picture quality better than my DM 800
    Using PLI NOW.
    All the other engima 2 images can be loaded on this box 85 % of the plugins will work but some like positioner setup does not work except on images VTI and PLI.
    So if you want to do a manual setup then as far as I know just VTI or PLI will be fine. On a fixed settings no problems.
    More later

Thanks
    Hi A!

Why we cannot have a VU+ section at satpimps.co.uk?? :respect-049:

cu
    KJ

Thanks
    It depends on the boss :respect-050:

Thanks
    Hi All!

Just got my VU+ today. Quite excited but still a bit of a noob at this stuff. LOL. Hopefully once I get going I'll be able to do a decent review for everyone. Anyone know where I can get the latest VTI image from so I can hook it up and tinker?
    Last edited by supathug; 25-01-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks
    h-t-t-p://www.vuplus-support.com/wbb2/database.php

Thanks
    Cheers A, I thought only the original images came off that site. Guess I was wrong. Im gonna have to help Bobonthejob out with all this too once he gets his dish up - hopefully I'll know loads more by then. Just about to put the hard drive in. Will let you guys know how I get on

Thanks
    yes ask here many guys have the box sure they will help out I am still just giving it the stick seeing what image is good for me

Thanks
    Hi A, Ok - got the HDD (not the easiest thing in the world) - LOL. Does the supplied SATA cable power the drive as I couldnt find another power connector for the drive? Also, got the latest VTI image on there now and have hooked up to 28.2. I cant seem to see any channels though. I know its connected as I have done an auto scan and it has found aroun 120 FTA channels. Any idea what I might have to look for?

Thanks
    Ok, Have managed to get to all the FTA channels I scanned But it says my HDD isnt initialised or found. Does anyone know how to initialise it as it doesnt say in the manual?!

Thanks
    Hey 'A', 'Supathug' hows it going guys.

Not fair...got my box...but no dish :(

The guy did not have the correct bracket for the dish....Guess i have to wait a few more days. Supathug, how you getting on. Things becoming cany clearer now? lol . This newbie lark is not helping us.

Thanks all for your help...as ive said it before...I will come running back when stuck

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by supathug View Post
    Ok, Have managed to get to all the FTA channels I scanned But it says my HDD isnt initialised or found. Does anyone know how to initialise it as it doesnt say in the manual?!
    hi mate,

to initialise the hdd go to system/harddisk initialise with the red button on the rcu.

if receiver cant find your hdd, temporarily connect to your pc and delete the partition, than install in the receiver and try above.

selo :respect-051:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobonthejob View Post
    Hey 'A', 'Supathug' hows it going guys.

Not fair...got my box...but no dish :(

The guy did not have the correct bracket for the dish....Guess i have to wait a few more days. Supathug, how you getting on. Things becoming cany clearer now? lol . This newbie lark is not helping us.

Thanks all for your help...as ive said it before...I will come running back when stuck
    Any help you need Ill try my best to help you, as I do have quite some info about this box from several forums in europe..

Thanks
    Thanks Selo - Think I was being dumb. Bob told me there was a hidden power cable for the HDD which is probably why mine isnt working LOL!

OK - Ive flashed the box with the latest VTI image and am connected up with my dual LNB sly minidish to 28.2 and have done a channel scan but can only see a few channels (I know I only get FTA at this point but I thought that all the sly uk channels would come up in the scan but they dont seem to) - do i need some sort of channel bouquet for sly uk?

My second question is - Ive installed CCCam but it doesnt show up in the plugin menu. Is this normal? If so - once I get a C line from someone providing sly uk and add it to my cccam.cfg, will all the sly UK channels show up then after a scan or am i missing something?

Sorry for being such a noob. Ive done loads of reading on this so far but most of it seems to revolve around DM machines. I did think about insalling barry allen to install an image to follow a DM 800 cccam tut but wanted to stay on an image built for my box for stability so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A View Post
    Just finished sort of playing with it
    Great box picture quality better than my DM 800
    Using PLI NOW.
    All the other engima 2 images can be loaded on this box 85 % of the plugins will work but some like positioner setup does not work except on images VTI and PLI.
    So if you want to do a manual setup then as far as I know just VTI or PLI will be fine. On a fixed settings no problems.
    More later
    Positioner setup works with all images with all =9= of them, best way to install rotor settings is, get the latest rotor settings from vuplusduo forum, than copy and replace the satxml in etc/tuxbox,, after that etc/enigma2 open that file and delete the contents, than copy the rotor settins in to this folder, than switch off the receiver from behind wait for 30 seconds reboot all your channels will be there,

also best rotor setting is with usals, if you have twin lnb ( like I do ) set the first tuner with your correct lat/ long values and the second tuner to as connected second motorised lnb option, this way you can record two channels @ once...

Thanks
    Thanks Selo - Think I was being dumb. Bob told me there was a hidden power cable for the HDD which is probably why mine isnt working LOL!

OK - Ive flashed the box with the latest VTI image and am connected up with my dual LNB sly minidish to 28.2 and have done a channel scan but can only see a few channels (I know I only get FTA at this point but I thought that all the sly uk channels would come up in the scan but they dont seem to) - do i need some sort of channel bouquet for sly uk?

My second question is - Ive installed CCCam but it doesnt show up in the plugin menu. Is this normal? If so - once I get a C line from someone providing sly uk and add it to my cccam.cfg, will all the sly UK channels show up then after a scan or am i missing something?

Sorry for being such a noob. Ive done loads of reading on this so far but most of it seems to revolve around DM machines. I did think about insalling barry allen but wanted to stay on an image built for my box for stability.
    you need to install cccam info plugin in the cams plugin, that way you can see all the cccam info and more, vti image will have a face lift soon there youll see the cccam on the blue button...

selo

Thanks
    Thanks Selo - Ill try that. Once I've done that and got my C Line would I still need a bouquet to see all sly uk or will they come up on an autoscan?

Thanks
    Thanks Selo - Ill try that. Once I've done that and got my C Line would I still need a bouquet to see all sly uk or will they come up on an autoscan?
    you should be getting that with fresh scan.....btw sly minidish and lnb, is not the right hardware to compliment this receiver, you need a minimum 90 cm dish with diseqc motor and a 0.1db twin lnb than your talking..

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast