Thread: HD Satellite Receiver with the most sensitive tuners

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

HD Satellite Receiver with the most sensitive tuners

It has been reported that the Dr. HD Grand Triple satellite receiver is equipped with two very sensitive tuners.
    For some unkown reasons this satellite receiver unfortunately does not work with the configuration of my antenna installation. Therefore I am looking for an equivalent other satellite receiver.
    Are there any opinions about which HD satellite receiver has the most sensitive tuners?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I read that the tm 5402 hd and dr.hd f15 have the best tuners. If someone can test them side by side.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ymt View Post
    I read that the tm 5402 hd and dr.hd f15 have the best tuners. If someone can test them side by side.
    I have also seen the same info. I have the 5402 and been trying to get the dr f15 to compare but cannot find anyone selling only found the d15 as i think this is a later model so this may have a sensitive tuner also but never seen any feedback on the d15 to confirm

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    TM5402 good tuner, poor support has a 45000 issue on blind scan.

Thanks
    I Have the DrHD Grand Triple and it works with all the known standard of dish configuration going that i know of Diseqc 1.0,1.1,1.2 and USALS for each tuner, I did own an F15 and it is pretty much on a Par with the 5402 as far as Tuner sensitivity nothing in it really

6. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

Coastman (03-07-2013)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    I Have the DrHD Grand Triple and it works with all the known standard of dish configuration going that i know of Diseqc 1.0,1.1,1.2 and USALS for each tuner, I did own an F15 and it is pretty much on a Par with the 5402 as far as Tuner sensitivity nothing in it really
    most reports indicate that those receivers are capable of getting weaker signals where most receivers cant. did you ever try them against other receivers on the weaker signals?

Thanks
    I read from last TELE-audiovision Magazine that
    Tiviar Alpha Plus. Best dissolved integration. for reception of all digital. TV signals. TELE-audiovision. International. Magazine. Expert. Opinion.
    Dont know nothing about this receiver, just read:

Tiviar Alpha Plus
    With dual core processor at 1.3 GHz, 2xDVB-S2 and 1xDVB-C/T/T2, this is by far the best equipped and fastest box on market.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    and the support???

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    People, i need help here. I just purchased a dr.hd d15 but the tuner is not as sensitive as i was made to believe. Do i need to input a firmware to achieve this tuner sensitivity? Also i cant access the menu to input cccam line. Help please.

Thanks
    People, i need help here. I just purchased a dr.hd d15 but the tuner is not as sensitive as i was made to believe. Do i need to input a firmware to achieve this tuner sensitivity? Also i cant access the menu to input cccam line. Help please.

You will need to patch the receiver first before it allows access to the CCcam and Newcamd menu which is accessed via the Red button, as for Tuner Sensitivity try different firmwares to see if it improves but also consider the rest of your system is a contributing factor

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Thx digicon, but how do i patch it. Any software to help with this. Excuse my ignorance though.

Thanks
    Thx digicon, but how do i patch it. Any software to help with this. Excuse my ignorance though.
    I have PM'd you the Link to the software download site please be advised that most of the support is in Russian Language

Thanks
    Azbox Premium HD has very sensitive tuners...

Mine are always crying when I raise my voice.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to xanadu For This Useful Post:

ManikM (09-08-2013)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    i'm located in ghana, west africa. i have a 4.2 meter dish locally made and a strong srt 4922 hd receiver. currently, i receive some fringe european and middle east channels on hotbird, badr 4 and 5, 28.2 east northern beam, 19.2 east, to mention a few. but i'm targeting some others so i started investigating how to improve my system. i read on the forums of sensitive receivers and among the leading were tm 5402 hd and dr.hd f15. the later seem hard to find now but other said the d15 was equally senstive with a spectrum analyzer so i ordered it. opened the box and find the remote to be the same as my srt 4922 hd also has the spectrum analyser, till the arrival of the d15. to my surprise, both remote could operate either of the boxes. to my dismay the about £50 srt 4922 with 60 cm dish included had a better tuner and blind scanner than the £140 d15 minus a dish. as i write the tm 5402 hd is on its way to me from the uk but i dont think it will be better than my cheap srt 4922. in case u have someone traveling to west africa urged him or her to get u srt 4922 and u will attest to this. on how the test was done, as a novice i just took one receiver off the lnb cable and replaced it with the other to find out which will lock or give greater signal quality. with the blind scan, i scan them at the same time on a quad lnb and swap the lnb cables and scan again. the d15 is faster but brings less channels.
    on lnb, i am using a stargold quad though the forums have led me to order for a smart tit and a invacom qdf quad with both a raven feedhorn and a invacom adf feedhorn. i it does not become another nightmare.
    however when the tm 5402 arrives a will pitch it against the d15 and post the results.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ymt For This Useful Post:

esuo2 (29-09-2014), Jacobo40 (25-11-2020)

Thanks
    hello.i am a iranian.i cant speak english well.i have a xcruiser 400 hd reciever.after install inegma2,i am teransfer new software ver 1.11.50 to reciever.but,the reciever after reset do masseging:app fail.please you help me.tanks

Thanks
    hmm i might pick a DR HD D15 up - £99 aint bad.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hello guys, it's been years since we discussed the tuner sensitivity of tm 5402 m3 and drhd d15. Currently the edision os nino pro and the edision os mio 4k are receiving a lot of praise on their tuner sensitivity. Anyone tested the old receivers against the new or any info on which receiver has the best tuner?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ymt For This Useful Post:

funtime26 (12-01-2020)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Very interesting discussion. In marginal areas sensitive tuners can be vital, particularly for DXing. However, for less specialized applications getting the most sensitive LNB may be the game changer, particularly when the charts indicate the correct size of dish. A case in point is north-central Portugal/western Spain, where reception of 28.2 E is doubtful at best with a 1.2/1.4 metre dish. My experience has shown that a Black Ultra Inverto brings in the channels with a number of receivers, including our HiTechBox, albeit with little margin for rain. There might even be more sensitive LNBs on the market by now and their importance to a good system can hardly be understated.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I have this week tested three receivers against my long trusted tm 5402 m3 in term of tuner sensitivity. The receiver are octagon sf8008 twin, Starsat 200hd extreme and the Ax 4khd60. The test was done on transponder 11270 V 27500 on 26 east satellite. All the said receivers had better tuners compared to the technomate. Among those receivers, not much difference in terms of their tuner strength.