Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Corona virus

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
    Transferrin saturation level very low. She thinks it was -15. Minus 15. That is what it sounded like over the phone.

Could just be iron levels low. (Hopefully)
    Could be liver or kidney issues.
    Could be advanced cancer.

Only symptoms she is aware of is the bleeding which can be quite heavy at times and feeling a bit shaky.

It's the bleeding that worries me as it is possibly something serious. I am not aware if having very low iron levels could cause bleeding. I would have thought the other way round, bleeding causes low iron levels perhaps.
    She is a worrier, I am not so will be doing all I can to divert her attention from it.
    Well, my wife's GP rang as promised yesterday.
    He told her that her iron levels were very low and that she is not anaemic. He suggested she change her diet.
    He said he was not concerned with the internal bleeding but did offer to refer her if she was concerned. She is and said yes, I want a referral.
    This morning she noticed a large cluster of bruises on her side. She has no idea how they could have been caused, so she is now even more worried.

I am no doctor but I would have thought if there is internal bleeding and trivial reasons such as piles have been ruled out, a full investigation would be the automatic thing to do.
    Apart from seeing the emergency doctor when she bled very heavily, all consultations have been done by telephone. Apparently, another doctor will speak to her this coming Sunday.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,498 Posts
    @dog-man

Is your wife on any blood thinning medication ?

My granddad was admitted to hospital just over two weeks ago due to an internal bleed on the chest wall which was causing bruising all down one side, they stopped his medication and the bleed stopped. The downside for him though was whilst in hospital he had a fall and broke his hip.

Lesson there is do not leave the guards down on a hospital bed when someone has dementia

Thanks
    Do hope your wife soon gets sorted, certainly a difficult time to have any health problems.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to johnhenry For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (11-04-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic1 View Post
    @dog-man

Is your wife on any blood thinning medication ?

My granddad was admitted to hospital just over two weeks ago due to an internal bleed on the chest wall which was causing bruising all down one side, they stopped his medication and the bleed stopped. The downside for him though was whilst in hospital he had a fall and broke his hip.

Lesson there is do not leave the guards down on a hospital bed when someone has dementia
    No, she is not on any blood thinning medication.

We will leave it until the next phone call on Sunday and if the bruising is still happening, she will mention it.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Leo Varadkar just announced Rep.Ireland will remain under Full Lock Down until at least 5th May 2020

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (11-04-2020)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,294 Times in 3,603 Posts

Ian.

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ian For This Useful Post:

007.4 (10-04-2020), Barney (10-04-2020), CokeAddict (10-04-2020), crabber (11-04-2020), dog-man (10-04-2020), echelon (11-04-2020), freebe (11-04-2020), Nikkas (11-04-2020), nml (10-04-2020), saintomer1866 (10-04-2020), sonic1 (11-04-2020), trotwood (10-04-2020)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts
    anyone never caught the flu? chances are we will all catch covid 19 at some point. Its inevitable :(

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3tv View Post
    anyone never caught the flu? chances are we will all catch covid 19 at some point. Its inevitable :(
    Probably. I really don't care. My attitude is the same as Debbie Reynolds. Que Sera, Sera.
    If it happens, it happens.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
    Probably. I really don't care. My attitude is the same as Debbie Reynolds. Que Sera, Sera.
    If it happens, it happens.
    Think that was Doris Day mate!!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to holmroad For This Useful Post:

Barney (11-04-2020), crabber (11-04-2020), dog-man (11-04-2020), trotwood (11-04-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3tv View Post
    big difference Flu will go away fast and will not affect your breathing whatsoever , Covid-19 is far more deadly and sure there is tons of mild formats of it going around but catch the deadly format and it'll kill you in 20mins attack your lungs and leave you screaming for air .
    there is almost 1.7 million cases now and 102,600 dead and who knows if this thing has even started to peak yet ??
    everything is unknown about it other than we know it multiply at a very fierce rate , unlike the Flu there will very likely will never be a vaccine found since nobody really understands anything much at all about this virus or how to stop it . Covid-19 has the potential to wipe out far more than half the worlds population this should never have gotten the opportunity to escape from China to begin with people in power could see this coming and failed to make any attempt whatsoever to stop it now every country in the world is forced to deal with it ....flights should have been cancelled instantly in and out of china , Trump was way to slow to act and considered this a laughing joke lets not forget ...he 'aint laughing today that much is for certain !!
    Boris was the same allowing Cheltenham to carry on greed, power and money ended up with him in intensive care luckily for him it was the mild version but still no joke as he is finding out first hand , Charlie was real lucky with his heavy drink issues if it was anything other than mild format for him it was lights out for good . There was very serious mistakes made which some day will need to be examined and avoided
    there is nobody around with an IQ of over 50 that believes this is a joke now ,and only death, suffering and sadness is rapidly multiplying along with this Covid -19 .
    Last edited by Barney; 11-04-2020 at 12:33 AM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

freebe (11-04-2020), gibson (12-04-2020), trotwood (11-04-2020)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    Today Friday the 10th of april 980 people died as a result of Covid 19, the highest number yet, we've been in lockdown for 3 weeks, how did they catch it ? if they were socially distancing and staying home as much as they could today’s figures should not have been possible, unless !

The gestation period of developing the virus is is much longer than they realise, also the peeps who only suffer minor effects still carry the virus after their symptoms are long gone, we are definately missing something here with this disease, testing is the only way out of this.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TonyO For This Useful Post:

Barney (11-04-2020), holmroad (11-04-2020), trotwood (11-04-2020)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,403 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    big difference Flu will go away fast and will not affect your breathing whatsoever , Covid-19 is far more deadly and sure there is tons of mild formats of it going around but catch the deadly format and it'll kill you in 20mins attack your lungs and leave you screaming for air .
    there is almost 1.7 million cases now and 102,600 dead and who knows if this thing has even started to peak yet ??
    everything is unknown about it other than we know it multiply at a very fierce rate , unlike the Flu there will very likely will never be a vaccine found since nobody really understands anything much at all about this virus or how to stop it . Covid-19 has the potential to wipe out far more than half the worlds population this should never have gotten the opportunity to escape from China to begin with people in power could see this coming and failed to make any attempt whatsoever to stop it now every country in the world is forced to deal with it ....flights should have been cancelled instantly in and out of china , Trump was way to slow to act and considered this a laughing joke lets not forget ...he 'aint laughing today that much is for certain !!
    Boris was the same allowing Cheltenham to carry on greed, power and money ended up with him in intensive care luckily for him it was the mild version but still no joke as he is finding out first hand , Charlie was real lucky with his heavy drink issues if it was anything other than mild format for him it was lights out for good . There was very serious mistakes made which some day will need to be examined and avoided
    there is nobody around with an IQ of over 50 that believes this is a joke now ,and only death, suffering and sadness is rapidly multiplying along with this Covid -19 .
    I'm not sure where you're getting all this information, but I can't find any of the facts you have quoted.
    The World Health Organization doesn't seem to state that Covid 19 can wipe out half the worlds population, or that there is a more serious strain that will kill you in 20 minutes, attacking a normal, healthy, persons lungs, in such a way that they will be screaming for air.
    All I've managed to find, are articles from the World Health Organization, debunking certain myths, that have been spread, regarding the Corona Virus:
    Code:
    https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters
    And one stating that there are two versions, of Covid 19, but one just seems to be more aggressive in transmitting itself, but scientists don't seem to know if it is any more severe, than the first strain.
    Code:
    https://www.newscientist.com/article/2236544-coronavirus-are-there-two-strains-and-is-one-more-deadly/
    Can you please post links, to these facts, that provide scientific proof, of your statements.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    More disturbing news from south korea, 91 former recovered coronavirus patients have tested positive for the disease again, raising questions over health experts' understanding of the pandemic.
    Very worrying if we can get re infected.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trotwood For This Useful Post:

Barney (11-04-2020), holmroad (11-04-2020), saintomer1866 (11-04-2020), sonic1 (11-04-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,747 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Story here
    Code:
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/10/south-korea-reports-recovered-coronavirus-patients-testing-positive/

St.O

22. The Following User Says Thank You to saintomer1866 For This Useful Post:

trotwood (11-04-2020)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,403 Posts
    Doctors currently beilieve recovered patients aren't being re-infected but that the disease maybe reactivating, in patients previously believed to be cured:
    Code:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-09/coronavirus-may-reactivate-in-cured-patients-korean-cdc-says

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

holmroad (11-04-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickha View Post
    Doctors currently beilieve recovered patients aren't being re-infected but that the disease maybe reactivating, in patients previously believed to be cured:
    Code:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-09/coronavirus-may-reactivate-in-cured-patients-korean-cdc-says
    Must admit that's what I'd heard, i.e. that the SAME virus recurred in certain patients, i.e. was still lying there dormant after apparently fully recovering, but as you say NOT by being re-infected with a NEW virus from elsewhere!

Thanks
    All this just goe's to show we have got many things wrong.
    We can live without Sportler's but we CANNOT live without Doctor's, Nurse's, and Cleaner's.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts
    The easing of the lock down has to happen so your chances of catching it will be high if you have to work. Just get on with your life as best you can unless your high risk.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,885 Times in 2,266 Posts

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CokeAddict For This Useful Post:

Barney (11-04-2020), ian (11-04-2020), mrdude (11-04-2020), trotwood (11-04-2020)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CokeAddict View Post
    Chortle, chortle....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast