Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Etherium mining.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
    How long did that take?
    Its value has increased and its hovering around $4k per 1 eth. Im due a ethermine payout later today. Im tempted to sell it as soon as its recieved hoping it will pull back/or tank after doing so but knowing my luck it will rocket up the moment i sell it.

60mh yeilds about $3.70- $4 per day at current prices.(before you factor electric) Its like panning for gold, you aquire tiny slithers that slowly end up amounting to a chunk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3tv View Post
    Its value has increased and its hovering around $4k per 1 eth. Im due a ethermine payout later today. Im tempted to sell it as soon as its recieved hoping it will pull back/or tank after doing so but knowing my luck it will rocket up the moment i sell it.

60mh yeilds about $3.70- $4 per day at current prices.(before you factor electric) Its like panning for gold, you aquire tiny slithers that slowly end up amounting to a chunk
    I have yet to start, but will do so later this coming week.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts

I got almost half an ether but I'm going to sit on it , all its really cost me is leccy , and after just going through a warm summer ive used next to no gas so my DD has stayed the same .

Do get the police helicopter flying over every few nights my loft temp must be looking look a grow farm

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

3tv (16-10-2021), dog-man (16-10-2021)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth4x4 View Post
    I got almost half an ether but I'm going to sit on it , all its really cost me is leccy , and after just going through a warm summer ive used next to no gas so my DD has stayed the same .

Do get the police helicopter flying over every few nights my loft temp must be looking look a grow farm
    the pc has certainly took the chill out of the room you normally notice first thing on a morning

im not to bothered about taking a risk with the eth earnings its just i have a knack of timing the buy/sells wrong Helium is still doing ok so all my eggs are in a few a baskets. Bought a small amount of Shiba just incase that explodes like Doge. worse case is its a $100 down the drain.

if it goes to say 7 cents thats about $300k at current prices if my math was correct.

Looking like eth 2.0 is getting pushed back again which will probably push gpu prices up. ffs

sold. expect it to rocket up but hoping for it plummet
    Last edited by 3tv; 17-10-2021 at 01:28 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 3tv For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (17-10-2021)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    lol, what ever i sell everyone else should buy :0)

Thanks
    lol, what ever i sell everyone else should buy :0)
    It aint gone up that much yet ,

Could be worse i bought a helium miner off **** £900 (well over cost) and i thought i bricked it , didnt save my 12 word and logged out worst feeling in my life .

only saviour i did a back up on my phone about a month ago and it had the 12 word passcode ,

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

3tv (21-10-2021)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    It aint gone up that much yet ,

Could be worse i bought a helium miner off **** £900 (well over cost) and i thought i bricked it , didnt save my 12 word and logged out worst feeling in my life .

only saviour i did a back up on my phone about a month ago and it had the 12 word passcode ,
    its up $400 from when i sold it :(

i done the same thing thinking if i logged out i could just log back in with a thumb print. I put my 12 word seed somewhere so safe i for got were it was. Thank f##k for the mrs who knew were it was.
    There will be billions of crypto thats is lost behind forgot logins.

Helium is still doing OK, long gone are the £80 quid a day days but i average about 7 helium a week which considering there are 240k and growing miners on the network thats not to shabby. it means a lot are making next to nothing though.

Make sure you input the correct antenna power as as of the 24th they will be using this to id those scamming they system.

at £900 you will make your money back faster than ordering 1 for half that and waiting 6 months to get it and it will out perform any GPU you can get for that price atm.

There will be a BTC ETH pull back but if FOMO kicks in thewy could rocket up a load more yet. 2017 all over again
    Last edited by 3tv; 21-10-2021 at 12:00 AM.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    new pny rtx a2000 card out any day now. 41mh at 65watts on ETH which could be handy the way electric prices are headed. cant find it cheap enough though. £480 is still steep. It really needs to be £10 per Eth MH or less for me to be interested.
    Last edited by 3tv; 21-10-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks
    its up $400 from when i sold it :(

i done the same thing thinking if i logged out i could just log back in with a thumb print. I put my 12 word seed somewhere so safe i for got were it was. Thank f##k for the mrs who knew were it was.
    There will be billions of crypto thats is lost behind forgot logins.

Helium is still doing OK, long gone are the £80 quid a day days but i average about 7 helium a week which considering there are 240k and growing miners on the network thats not to shabby. it means a lot are making next to nothing though.

Make sure you input the correct antenna power as as of the 24th they will be using this to id those scamming they system.

at £900 you will make your money back faster than ordering 1 for half that and waiting 6 months to get it and it will out perform any GPU you can get for that price atm.

There will be a BTC ETH pull back but if FOMO kicks in thewy could rocket up a load more yet. 2017 all over again
    I got the correct antenna set but height i put above sea level but have now read it should be from ground , mine did a update overnight and made nothing today , ive powered it off and it seems to have kicked back into life.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    I got the correct antenna set but height i put above sea level but have now read it should be from ground , mine did a update overnight and made nothing today , ive powered it off and it seems to have kicked back into life.
    which miner have you got? my bobcat normally loses sync after an ota update. if im away it might be a day before i notice. the bobcats are **** for syncing. I use the fast sync option now which is available via its web interface.

Thanks
    which miner have you got? my bobcat normally loses sync after an ota update. if im away it might be a day before i notice. the bobcats are **** for syncing. I use the fast sync option now which is available via its web interface.
    Ive got the linxdot.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    rtx a2000 dropped by £20 to 459. I would be tempted @ 399 as its resale value will be low. No gamer will want it.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
    I have yet to start, but will do so later this coming week.
    eth pumped, if it stays like this you could cash out a nice chunk for Christmas. Wonder if history will repeat itself and tank after mid December. Cant see it repeating the 2017 dump as there is far to much institutional money in it. Alot of people will be watching for wallet to exchange transactions.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    took final eth payout today as electricity contract is up for renewal. Done with GPU mining :(

Gpus dont seem to be getting more efficient either, Performance increases but so does there power requirements. expecting 40xx cards to continue the trend making mining in the UK a none starter, unless you have solar?

whats everyone paying for the electricity per kw/h im on 13.7p but thats ending in a few days.

Thanks
    Currently paying 16.346p 9.73p per day with 1 month left on discount, it will then go upto 21.180p with 24.86p per day charge so as well as the unit cost rising so is the daily standing charge .
    Unless ether price goes through the roof i will be pulling the plug on it as well .
    Question then do i cash in on the gpu's i have or keep hold incase things turn around.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Currently paying 16.346p 9.73p per day with 1 month left on discount, it will then go upto 21.180p with 24.86p per day charge so as well as the unit cost rising so is the daily standing charge .
    Unless ether price goes through the roof i will be pulling the plug on it as well .
    Question then do i cash in on the gpu's i have or keep hold incase things turn around.
    How bad will it get once the new price cap kicks in in April?
    i cant see it turning around, normally when there is a big selloff the mining rewards go mental. that didnt happen this time. Eth 2.0 will be the gpu mining death. I cant see other coins being profitable if everyone switches to the next most profitable coin.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to 3tv For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (31-01-2022)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    1 year fixed now ended. Now paying 20.7p per kwh, thats bad enough. In April it will be even higher. mining in the UK is doomed.

Thanks
    1 year fixed now ended. Now paying 20.7p per kwh, thats bad enough. In April it will be even higher. mining in the UK is doomed.
    As previous my deal ends 2 weeks time , maybe my maths not the best but run a calculation today in one day my pc will cost £3.16 but make just under £10 at current ether value (after end of feb until april), of course if ether price drops profit goes down, the big guys are not paying a penny bypassing the meter so it will continue , i wonder if the price will rise as less is made ?

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    As previous my deal ends 2 weeks time , maybe my maths not the best but run a calculation today in one day my pc will cost £3.16 but make just under £10 at current ether value (after end of feb until april), of course if ether price drops profit goes down, the big guys are not paying a penny bypassing the meter so it will continue , i wonder if the price will rise as less is made ?

have you looked at the resale price of gpu's today compared to a few months ago and if mining has made up that deficit?

checking on what to mine, converting the power 145w @ 61mh/s on a 2080ti @ .28 cents kwh mines $2.77 with a profit of 1.80 or £1.32. most other coins return a loss.

Thanks
    elec and gas daily charges also 10+ p per day increase

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast