Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VU Duo 2 vs Dreambox Dm800 ---

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DCG View Post
    and you formatted it with the image and mounted it as well
    blue button blue button usb format wizard

I THINK YOU NEED TO DO A LOT MORE READING AND NOT JUST EXPECT EVERYBODY TO HELP
    Thanks for you reply...

yes I am doing reading, looking videos on youtube etc but when I am stuck i seek your expert help. to be honest, you guys are a great help and I am happy user of this website.

I manage to download picons into usb and I can see them on info bar and channel list but they are not visible on LCD. I have checked all settings and I have done my reading but nothing help.... photo is attached to show you setting.

PN: I am using all dreambox tools to fix my vu box

vu var cccam file.jpg

Thanks
    I cant help any more as I don't use picons cant see the point of them
    I no my channels

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Have you tried the LCD4linux plugin?
    Which image, and Skin, are you using?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickha View Post
    Have you tried the LCD4linux plugin?
    Which image, and Skin, are you using?
    I have got usb drive, I transferred via dreamEdit into usb. Than i Installed this ipk enigma2-plugin-picon-oktus-astra-28.2e-transparent-frame-220x132_09.03.2016_all.ipk.

and

lcd4config.rar

to to /etc/enigma2 folder, overwriting the existing file.

nothing work...

do you recon, I should change image from blackhole to something else?????picons problem 2.jpgpicons problem 3.jpg

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Like DCG, I never bothered with picons, but they should be easy to install, map, and use, from your USB.
    You can find lots of information, regarding picons, the VU+ Duo 2, and Blackhole, on the net, and probably some video tutorials.
    From memory all you need to do is set up a folder, for the picons, on your USB stick, and transfer the picons, to the folder. Then once it's mapped it should work.

Thanks
    Like DCG, I never bothered with picons, but they should be easy to install, map, and use, from your USB.
    You can find lots of information, regarding picons, the VU+ Duo 2, and Blackhole, on the net, and probably some video tutorials.
    From memory all you need to do is set up a folder, for the picons, on your USB stick, and transfer the picons, to the folder. Then once it's mapped it should work.
    I really appreciate you reply. I actually there was an issue with Blackhole image 3.0.2. I finally got frustrated and I installed VTI image and now picons are working.

I would NOT bother about picons but since its duo2 receiver with dedicated LCD screen for picons, believe me, they look nice on. Its a bright screen and you must see it.

To be honest, VU is building up its success on death of dreambox.... I still most of tool from dreambox to fix up vu+'s issue.

but now cccam line manager does not work....

Can you also explain how oscam (which are supposed to be better) work?

I have watched few videos but I couldnt understand, thats why I am seeking help from you guys.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I think part of your problem is that you are trying to use your knowledge, of dreamboxes, to work your VU+.
    If you have a search, of the internet, and the other forum, you should see no problem with picons, and Blackhole images, which are based on the official VU+ images.
    I haven't updated to 3.0.2 yet, as 3.0.1 is sufficient, until I have time to play with the new Kodi options, available in 3.0.2, which I think is now on version E, or D.
    echelon has done quite a few guides, regarding Oscam, and the VU+, which you can find on the forum, but it's more complex than the simple CCcam.

Thanks
    I think part of your problem is that you are trying to use your knowledge, of dreamboxes, to work your VU+.
    If you have a search, of the internet, and the other forum, you should see no problem with picons, and Blackhole images, which are based on the official VU+ images.
    I haven't updated to 3.0.2 yet, as 3.0.1 is sufficient, until I have time to play with the new Kodi options, available in 3.0.2, which I think is now on version E, or D.
    echelon has done quite a few guides, regarding Oscam, and the VU+, which you can find on the forum, but it's more complex than the simple CCcam.
    Yes its true, i am using all tools and knowledge from dreambox. which was set up by a genius remotely and i learned many things from him. than one more kind friend who helped me to recover my dreambox when i flashed it with wrong (cloned) image. Otherwise i have no other way to learn anything.... internet search helped me a very little as things are far too complex.

I didnt have any issue with previous version of blackhole either. I could be me, with my little or now knowledge of vu box (apology to you Mickha)
    cccam was easy to operate though cccam line manager. I also got dreambox imagetool. is there anything similar for vu box?

I watched couple of videos about oscam but I couldnt learn anything out to it

I can confirm that picons are finally working with vti image but still lot of picons are missing for sat 28.2e and 13.0e....

I am also due to order dvb-t2 tuner for cable channels in uk. I dont know if you guys can help me please???

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Check the VU+ tools section, and you will find the VUCC, VU+ Control Centre, posted by Lee, from Goldwafers, which is similar to the Dreambox Control Centre.
    You should also try to use FileZilla, a free FTP program, which is very easy to use, as you have all the files clearly listed, PC on the left, VU+ on the right.
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?513-Tools

The DVB-T2 tuner should be as simple as the satellite tuner, just plug & play, all you need to do, for the cable channels, is update the cable.xml file, to include the information, for your country/region.

Thanks
    Check the VU+ tools section, and you will find the VUCC, VU+ Control Centre, posted by Lee, from Goldwafers, which is similar to the Dreambox Control Centre.
    You should also try to use FileZilla, a free FTP program, which is very easy to use, as you have all the files clearly listed, PC on the left, VU+ on the right.

The DVB-T2 tuner should be as simple as the satellite tuner, just plug & play, all you need to do, for the cable channels, is update the cable.xml file, to include the information, for your country/region.
    I have ordered dvb-t t2 hybrid tunner and F type female plugs and two ways signal spliter. is there anything else I need?

What is the best image you recommend for vu+ duo2 box to run both tuners and get best out of the box and most graphically beautiful and with detailed information on bar please?

you are a vu guru

Thanks

Can you help me regarding VM (Cable) channels please

1 - When I install splitter, virgin broadband speed goes down

2 - What is the best image to download to watch sat + vm (Cable) + iptv with beautiful skin

My box specs are,

Brand: Vu+
    Model: Duo²
    Chipset: 7424
    Frontprocessor Version: 0
    Total Memory: 1240516 kB
    Free Memory: 1122656 kB
    Box Uptime: 3:33
    Software
    System OE: openvuplus 3.0
    Distro: VTi
    Firmware version: 9.0.2.
    Driver date: 3.13.5-20151201.r0
    Kernel version: 3.13.5
    Gui version: 2016-02-18-vti-master (38249e2)
    Tuners
    Tuner A: Vuplus DVB-S NIM(AVL6222) (DVB-S2)
    Tuner B: Vuplus DVB-S NIM(AVL6222) (DVB-S2)
    Tuner C: Vuplus DVB-C NIM(TT3L10) (DVB-C)
    Tuner D: Vuplus DVB-C NIM(TT3L10) (DVB-C)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by difficult View Post
    Can you help me regarding VM (Cable) channels please

1 - When I install splitter, virgin broadband speed goes down

2 - What is the best image to download to watch sat + vm (Cable) + iptv with beautiful skin

My box specs are,

Brand: Vu+
    Model: Duo²
    Chipset: 7424
    Frontprocessor Version: 0
    Total Memory: 1240516 kB
    Free Memory: 1122656 kB
    Box Uptime: 3:33
    Software
    System OE: openvuplus 3.0
    Distro: VTi
    Firmware version: 9.0.2.
    Driver date: 3.13.5-20151201.r0
    Kernel version: 3.13.5
    Gui version: 2016-02-18-vti-master (38249e2)
    Tuners
    Tuner A: Vuplus DVB-S NIM(AVL6222) (DVB-S2)
    Tuner B: Vuplus DVB-S NIM(AVL6222) (DVB-S2)
    Tuner C: Vuplus DVB-C NIM(TT3L10) (DVB-C)
    Tuner D: Vuplus DVB-C NIM(TT3L10) (DVB-C)
    Satellite and cable TV work on different frequencies - and when you buy a splitter, it's either for cable or sat (not both). If you are trying to send both signals down the same bit of cable you need to use 2 Diplexers, (you should google that for info). Otherwise your cable and sat signals will interfere with each other causing crap intenet and cable pictures and very bad error rates on your Sat TV.

Thanks
    closed

3) no discussion of any SKY TV or VI*S*T hacks or servers or the VideoG**** or N*S encryptions and we also ask members to refrain from asking questions about using SKY cards to decode pay-tv channels on 3rd party boxes (channels that you have to subscribe to) , or similar cable tv hacks or servers or their actual encryption currently employed , or any cable equipment whatsoever like VIRGIN or YOUVIEW or of any forums that have that information on them that enable the cir***venting of their contractual systems or actual contracts , including IKS or MSCAM or CS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12