Thread: Help with Satnav?

V.I.P
    Thanks

Help with Satnav?

I haven't got a tomtom or any well good make but I have a Navcam7000 and I have a problem.

I wanted to update the file but when i connect it to my computer my computer hangs and I have to restart my computer. I have installed ActiveSync and it still doesn't work. I have tried a different USB port with the same result, I haven't got a clue what's wrong...

anyone got any pointers?

1 final question.... I have been told that Tomtom uses the same software as navcam, is this true?

the info I have on my sat nav is O/S Wince 4.2, Rom 0.87 and Bootloader 0.16

cheers

brian

Thanks
    Hi Brian,

1st shot would be to try it on another PC if you can get on one. That will point you to either your PC or your Nav.

? do other USB devices work on your PC.

The other option is that you have another device that is conflicting with the Nav. ? do you use active sync with a lap top or palm top, if so disable them and try again.

Post more info if you can.

cromwell
    It sounds like the software you got with it m8, uninstall it and reinstall the software, but don't connect your Nav till all installed.

Thanks
    The usb hang could be down to the usb connection you use,my active sync would hang if I use mu usb hub ,but if I connect usb direct tp PC it is ok and doesn't hang at all.Give it a go and see for yourself.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    sorry for the delay in responding.

All good tips and I will give them a go, I have just built a new computer with more power than the old one so I hope it will be good. The searching I've done on the web and m***soft says a processor could be the problem. There was some high pitch noises coming from it when I tried to use anything heavy dutie.

thanks once again