Thread: dish on motor pole ?

Thanks

Question dish on motor pole ?

Hi all , I have an 80cm dish on a TM2200 motor .
    My question is can it fit any where on the short pole .
    At the moment its in the middle of it .
    Im asking because I have an Orbital 1m dish to fit in its place .
    It looks very big compared to the 80 .
    Cheers GW

Verified Registered User NeasdenNW10's Avatar
    Thanks
    By short pole, do you mean the dish mounting stub of the motor? If not could you elucidate further please.
    Norm

Thanks
    it would all depend on a few things .
    1.How long the pole is
    2.What gage(strength) thickness the pole is
    3.How heavy the dish is.
    4.Is it in a sheltered place not going to face to much wind.

if you tried mounting a dish to a pole and the pole isnt up to the job it will flex,bend or even snap in the wind especialy if mounting at the top of the pole.

Thanks

motor pole

Hi , yes its the motor pole , I have a TD 88 on it at the moment its working ok . My main pole is in the ground and the motor is about 6' 6" above the ground . Its next to my shed , the new dish (orbital 1m ) has the mounting plate in the middle of the dish , so the bottom of the dish is a lot lower that the TD88 . So Im trying to get as much height as I can .
    Will moving the dish up on the motor stubby pole affect the movement from sat to sat .?

cheers GW

Thanks

motor pole

Hi , yes its the motor pole , I have a TD 88 on it at the moment its working ok . My main pole is in the ground and the motor is about 6' 6" above the ground . Its next to my shed , the new dish (orbital 1m ) alloy has the mounting plate in the middle of the dish , so the bottom of the dish is a lot lower that the TD88 . So Im trying to get as much height as I can .
    Will moving the dish up on the motor stubby pole affect the movement from sat to sat .?

cheers GW

Thanks
    simple answer yes... if by puttin the dish futher up the pole causes the pole to flew in anyway it will push it out of alignment... if it doesnt flex it maybe ok. again it all depends on the things ive previously mentioned as to if its going to cause it to flex or not

Thanks

Icon14 all working

Hi guys , took the plunge last fri and took down my 80cm dish and put up the orbital 1mt one. all went well , one thing I did have to do was change the Elv setting its about 18deg now . The sig strength is a lot better now . The HD channels are still not working on 1w or 16e ,still got red sig strength ,don't no why but happy anyway .

Thanks
    Check the pole for vertical - the extra weight of the bigger dish may be causing it to flex. If this is the case you will not track the arc correctly causing the loss of weaker birds. Only solution will be be to fit a stronger more rigid pole!