Thread: humax foxsat hd (pvr? usb?)

Thanks

humax foxsat hd (pvr? usb?)

Hi all,

I have a Humax foxsat hd stb, and was wondering if the usb can be used for a harddrive? is there a firmware that can be loaded onto it to enable the usb socket to have a hard drive connected to it?? have searched the net and not found any answers to it :(

thanks in advance

wow

Thanks
    no way sorry

Thanks
    ta :( looks like that might be sold to get the pvr version then,

cheers.

Thanks
    yes i had one and took it back and got the t/mate 6900 i find it does all i need ,

V.I.P
    Thanks
    waste of money these freesat receivers the fortec passion+ will also record on memory stick not as versatile as some receivers but a lot cheaper than most no ci slot on freesat either

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satwyn View Post
    waste of money these freesat receivers the fortec passion+ will also record on memory stick not as versatile as some receivers but a lot cheaper than most no ci slot on freesat either
    can you get ITVhd on the passion+ ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    A m8 brought a Freesat HD FOXSAT-HDR PVR back yesterday. I had a brief play with it (well actually he wanted me to add a quad LNB and second cable). It is a nice bit of kit but nearly all of the BBC HD TV was set so that you can't copy it to an external device.

I don't think you can record directly to a USB stick but you can certainly transfer from the internal HDD to a USB stick. We did this on an SD program and the resulting file is a .ts which opened and played in the latest version of VLC.

The manual is a bit non techy and it doesn't give much info about the DiSEqC capability. We discussed putting his old single LNB at 19E and using a 2x1 switch on just one LNB input but there was no guidance at all.

Thanks
    Was thinking of geting one of these.
    Will I be able to use my dragon and sly card in it to get the non freesat channels?

Thanks
    @ katabatic --> applies 2 FORTEC PASSION STB only

if u r refering to the fortec passion - not sure about the + version but assume its the same with two ci slots

then yes the dragon cam does work for both Di*i tv on 1 west and with sly cards as long as they have appropriate firmware/software programmed in the dragon cam

fortec passion STB works ok with disc motors and using USB memory stick for various jobs is also ok

when updating make sure u use the correct firmware i.e. loader etc from the fortec site

e.g. the fortec passion + has different firmware/loader from that of the standard fortec passion STB

the fotec passion with latest firmware in works ok with BBC HD and ITV HD when transmitted and i also believe it works ok with diablo cam - but have not tested this diablo re conax and the HD chs available with these providers myself but have read others have found it 2 b ok

hope this of help

rgds
    chris
    Last edited by chrishellis; 09-01-2009 at 01:34 PM.