Thread: 1 motorised dish & 1 fixed dish - 1 Rx

Thanks

1 motorised dish & 1 fixed dish - 1 Rx

Hi Guys,

Using TM 5400 CI+ Super

Let me start by saying this setup is working (4-way switch used).

The problem is, although the channels from the fixed dish are fed through as expected (not from motorised dish) , the motor still turn the other dish.

Example:

Dish 1 fixed - Nilesat
    Dish 2 motorised - for all other sats

If Dish 2 is on Astra and I select a channel on Nilesat, the RX reads from dish 1 and thats fine , however the receiver still seems to send signal to Dish 2 and cause it to turn to whatever position it decides (default or some prev setup) for Nilesat pos.

Is there a way to tell the receiver that ONLY Nilesat sat position is NOT motorised ? this works in other receivers but not here, or at least I haven't been able to set it properly !

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks
    I have a similar setup on my TM6900, and what I did was as follows:

1. Select the fixed dish sat in setup
    2. Change diseqc 1.0 setting until I got a signal
    3. Select another sat in setup, and move to it's position
    4. Change diseqc 1.0 setting until I get a signal
    5. Change all other sats to setting found in (4) - BTW I was using diseqc 1.2 not usals.

Hope this is of use

Thanks
    Hi mrbleu500,

I think thats what I am doing anyway. Fixed dish is diseqc 1.0 port 3 while the motorised is on port 1. Using diseqc 1.2.

But selecting the sat pointing to Port 3 still cause the motor on other dish to move (even though its showing signal from port 3) I guess sending to the signal via port 1.

So tell me, when you flick from a channel on your fixed dish to channel from prev sat on your motorised, do you get "motor turning" ? or is it still at same position & the channel just shows up?

Thanks
    The motor turning image flashes on briefly when moving from the motorsied dish to fixed.

Is your motorised dish setup with diseqc 1.0 settings too? My fixed dish is on port 1 while motorised is on port 2 and I have had to setup all sats like this.

In the beeches
    Thanks
    Have you tried setting the DiSEqC position of the fixed dish to 0 (zero) using a channel editor.

Thanks
    thanks for the feedback guys

@mrbleu500

What I was thinking in my question was if you get the "moving motor message" when changing from Fixed to a previous sat position from the motorised dish?,

and yes as I said I use DisqC1.0 for the ports (1 and 3).

@Burnham

No I haven't tried that, I'm not home to try this, I will have to see the editor again and figure out where to set this for just the one sat, sounds like that could do the trick, I assume you have tried that and worked ?

In the beeches
    Thanks
    I had a fixed dish + motorised dish set up a year ago and from memory that worked for me.

There have been posts on this type of set up before and problems were reported with some makes of DiSEqC switches. My Global 2-way switch was ok.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnham View Post
    I had a fixed dish + motorised dish set up a year ago and from memory that worked for me.

There have been posts on this type of set up before and problems were reported with some makes of DiSEqC switches. My Global 2-way switch was ok.
    Hi

I got it sorted last night, you were correct, I loaded the channel list with editor and all sats were set to "1.2" , I picked the fixed dish satellite and set it to "off" which did the trick. Something that you cannot do from the Rx menu as what ever you pick would apply to all sats.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks

Post Astra 1

Someone please give me some info about tm5200d usb. I am new for this to mess around. When guy installed to my flat everything was working, 2 week after all the astra1 &2 channel is scrambled. Now I tried to rescan channel, all them r scrambled. I don't know correct Frequency, I went to technomate website to find out & I got the frequency number for receiver.

when I enter these number it doesn't catch signal i don't no why?
    I even tried to upload latest software to receiver, it uploads but when i go to system info I can't see the recent software. Maybe i am doing something wrong. Could someone please explain me.
    Amrit