Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Darkbox HD 9000 Linux

Thanks
    Hiya Jimi

i am very strong on the server side of things. Wintel based ones.
    I agree the darkbox is a very simple box to use once you get used to the basics.

Hopefully the benefits are upgrading to this new linux based system will worth the effort. I like the media player abilty, hopefully a working PVR and CCCam a lot more powerful then the good old dark box hd.

As for steep learning curve i have been going through that allready with STB as satelites, diablocam etc its all new to me.
    Last edited by zinedine; 25-09-2008 at 03:52 PM. Reason: update

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zinedine View Post
    Mytoza

Cheers for the reply. That makese sense. Will this softcam emu approach eliminate diablocam and uploading keys via usb.

Or there softcam emu will be ontop of diablo and softkey enteries.

Regards

Zinedine
    That is the point of it yes, there is virtually no need or reason to have a hardware cam in a linux box.

There are many linux boxes out there already if you want to learn more about them, look further down the forum for dreamboxes, tm9100 and the ipbox 9000 that this new darkbox is rumoured to be a clone of.

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon6 Db 9000

Hi Guys
    i agree with the above re Linux. There is a wealth of Linux experience here on the site and once you have taken the learning curve it is never ending but can be adapted to other machines I think - however the new box must be reasonably stable and have learnt from early linux box experiences. i for one will be interested but am happy in the interim to try the TM super 6900 for Hd until the new box is tested and up with support and experiences OR wait similarly for the DB8000 after a similar honeymoon period. I wil be happy to learn but dont want to rush into this expense especially since the sat scene could change very quickly as to access with HD. Looking forward to any new developments. Cheers - Brain

Thanks
    Cheers Mytoza

more homework to do.

Thanks
    I like the look of it to, if it runs the cccam 209 then i'm having one and the DM800 can go in the other room,
    i like the sound of 2 tuners record one watch the other, if its enigma 2 and works cccam then it's going to be a real seller and may even bring the price of the DM8000 down.

Jono

Thanks
    If it can do all that plus the later inclusion of IPTV then it will be an absolute winner.
    Trouble is there are a lot of ifs and maybes and history has shown that few linux boxes live up to the initial hype.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mytoza View Post
    That is the point of it yes, there is virtually no need or reason to have a hardware cam in a linux box.

There are many linux boxes out there already if you want to learn more about them, look further down the forum for dreamboxes, tm9100 and the ipbox 9000 that this new darkbox is rumoured to be a clone of.
    A clone of !??

Tm 9100 is Sd linux very basic now..and is from It gate ,,ip Box is Dgstation !??

A clone of !?

no one from thouse to is really a Manifacture !!!!!!!!

Please One manifatcure can produse for many OEM Boxex ,but is base to every Company what is their support and what they asking to the mather Company what to produse and haw to support...

when you tolking for Clone !!!! fist you have to get information what that Mean!?

Please dont missundurtend Me ,,but the world Clone dosnt fit to any darkbox .....

Thanks
    the manufacturer is INTEK from corea and IPBOX 9000 =Cuberevo=and surely will be this Darkbox 9000 (if you want to prove the oposite please supply the fotos of the Motherboard inside because the chasis is the exact same),the big point is IPBO 9000 been out for about 9months and so far there isnīt a major updates like E2 and Cccam on it ..so since you promote this product ..if you add more details and garanties about E2 and Cccam so many members will apreciate it...regards

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pipino View Post
    the manufacturer is INTEK from corea and IPBOX 9000 =Cuberevo=and surely will be this Darkbox 9000 (if you want to prove the oposite please supply the fotos of the Motherboard inside because the chasis is the exact same),the big point is IPBO 9000 been out for about 9months and so far there isnīt a major updates like E2 and Cccam on it ..so since you promote this product ..if you add more details and garanties about E2 and Cccam so many members will apreciate it...regards
    i dont like do over this discussin ..But the manifatcure you mentions has nothink to do with both or 3 boxex you tolk before ( INTEK) ..that manifacture produse for Vantage..

But please forget about the manifatures ...because only 3-4 manifatures produse for all OEM brands in Europe..lol

Ip Box Dgstation Korea

TM 9100 is IT gate Korea

Please dont come and tell me manifactures all this you mention i know even sales managers and directors and am in any exibition in all the world and i dont think you will tolk with me about manifactures..lol

About HARDWARE i have nothink to prove to you and to anyone in thin momend untill the box will arrive ...haw i says doesnt mater if is same manifature some time dipent wich componets you request to the manifactures and s/w support to like patches Emus or Images..

Please if any other box is similar of the Darkbox ,thats is their lacky day.
    Thats it.
    Last edited by DARKMAN; 26-09-2008 at 04:23 AM.

Thanks
    I think this box should and can only be judged upon its release and the level of support it receives. Any talk about the hardware or software prior to release is only speculation and imo is really getting nowhere.

If this box does as Darkman has stated previously then it is a big step forward in the linux hd scene and I will certainly be buying one.

It is up to each individual to make their own mind up about if the stb suits their needs and most of you experienced linux stb users out there know this is where the product will make or break it in the market place.

So no more groundless speculation on whether it is the same as this or that box as we do not know and all will be revealed in the near future when the box is released, then comparisons can be made and decisions on if it suits your needs as a customer can be made with some accuracy.

Thanks
    oh here we go again ....

Darkman, you are supposedly in a position to tell us what this box consists of ... but apart from the basic information you have given us nothing new ...
    Surely you must know whats in it ? what processor is used ?

This will undoubtedly be a clone of another box and more likely the IPBox 9000 or Cuberevo or whatever else you want to call it ....

You are going a great way to lose even more customers with the attitude you have to any small amount of descent away from your own opinion, forums are about discussion good or bad ...

We seem to have two camps of thought here, those that based on past experiences with some of your products and promises that have come up short ... and those who roll over and have their belly tickled each time you say something ... i'm in the former camp and hence why are a bit sceptical ...

But again thats what forums are about ..discussion good or bad .. for now i'll wait and see what comes up and whether your promises live upto what actually materialises

V.I.P
    Thanks
    There's a vast wealth of experience showing on this thread at the moment. People who own machines with the same processor (expected) ie the Kathy or people with the who have been working on the ab ipbox 9000. But I don't think to date enigma 2 has been ported 100% successfully it's still at beta stage (I will stand corrected.) The guys working on the ab ip9000 have been going to release a version for ages with enigma 2.

DM has a mass following and lots of people preparard to say they will buy this box without seeing the product. Seems on here people are a little wiser and this promotes healthy discussion. But if DM arrives with the goodies this product will no doubt kick ass. Time will tell.

ki

Thanks
    Enigma2 is being ported to the Kathrein as we speak and will probably be compatible with the ipbox 9000 with some tweaks and enigma 1 is being ported to the ipbox 900 and knowing the guys, as I do, who are doing this then it will most likely happen.

Darkman I am not trying to slate you or your box and if you do produce a linux HD box with twin tuner that is running enigma 2 (has to be 2 because 1 will not support twin tuners) and Cccam then I applaud you and your team.

However if this box is based on the SH4 processor as many of the HD boxes are then please do not give false hope on Cccam as it will not run on this processor even if enigma is running.

To do that you will have to have made a deal with the creators of Cccam as the code for Cccam is closed source and as yet the owner of that code has not shown any interest in developing it for any boxes other than Dreamboxes.

Thanks
    Hi,
    So we have to wait when this hyped box will be on market.Yep, I have enough time to wait. I will not be first owners of this box but
    looking curiously what time will tell.

Hopefully it will come out soon so we can see how it can handle some things .Competition is never bad...but promises should be kept.

So fingers crossed waiting.....and give it a chance.If itīs OK then having a great future, if not ...well...

BR,Q

Thanks
    I am not going slate anything here, as we havent been it actually does or doesnt do something.

But as has been said before, the people on this forum seem to have quite a bit of product and technical knowledge and will not be blindly buying something, unlike others might.

I am inclined to currently agree with many that this will be an ipbox remake (notice how I didnt say clone, lol) and if it is and enigma2/cccam dont work then for many it will be a non starter, no matter how great the picture is.

But ofcourse if those 2 items do work on it, it will be the biggest selling hobbyist box in th U.K.

I am pretty sure we will be talking about and debating about this box for a while yet, but I hope to GOD there will no aggresive remarks to one another just cos one persons happens to love someone the other hates that person.

Thanks

Icon7

have to agree their noff, if the hype that has been spouted is true then great, as long as recording,cccam,enigma2 and a good a stable pic,good tuners then it will do well. but it will sink in double quick time if there are problems from beginning as people have had enough to put up with with false promises from sat manufactures.

Thanks
    I think I will be one of the first to order this receiver (I already have) and I will make a full honest report on it as soon as I can.
    Thats all I can say at this point in time.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mytoza View Post
    Enigma2 is being ported to the Kathrein as we speak and will probably be compatible with the ipbox 9000 with some tweaks and enigma 1 is being ported to the ipbox 900 and knowing the guys, as I do, who are doing this then it will most likely happen.

Darkman I am not trying to slate you or your box and if you do produce a linux HD box with twin tuner that is running enigma 2 (has to be 2 because 1 will not support twin tuners) and Cccam then I applaud you and your team.

However if this box is based on the SH4 processor as many of the HD boxes are then please do not give false hope on Cccam as it will not run on this processor even if enigma is running.

To do that you will have to have made a deal with the creators of Cccam as the code for Cccam is closed source and as yet the owner of that code has not shown any interest in developing it for any boxes other than Dreamboxes.

Am not giving any falce Hope ,,and please stop gaving me the world "Falce" Min we are working and hoping ,but what you are doing !?

You says they work only fr DM....thats show is very bad ....because they not helping members od what forum is creat here, only doing Business ,,,We min do both,we are trying help Develop the box with CCcam and not only Darkbox but if is possible to any box.....

Mate one think is shure you have to be shure in your Life ...You will be dead...Because God says.But in other thinks do be so shure!!!!!

Never says Never .........

Thanks
    I actual like the look of this box.

It does look a lot like one of the dgstaion receivers but I don't really care.
    Just like when the db800 first came out and was one of the first guys on here to get one I will do the same with Darkbox 9000.
    Even the name is simular
    This is no coincidence eh.
    But i wont never ever buy a product from darkman tho.

Thanks
    Ill wait until it comes out and then see if it does what everyone is going on about or whether it doesnt.

Simple answer is if you are told by the seller it will do something and then you buy it, when you recieve it, if it can't do what you have been told it can do, just send it back.

I dont think its in the sellers best interest to say it will do something when it cant, but if the seller says it might be able to do this in the future then thats the gamble you take.

I simply wouldnt even consider one until the seller gives a full description of the item and what it can do, then i might buy one.

I mean if i would have bought the 8000 and it was supposed to be a pvr and it wasnt i would sent it back and im sure there would not be a problem with me getting for my money back.

chelseaboy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast