Thread: Just got a 7755 can I patch?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Just got a 7755 can I patch?

Hi,

I just got a 7755 technomate, I already have a technomate 1500ci one. Do you guys know if these two receivers are similar? I.e. in what they can do and how they can be patched?

thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    the patches on the 7000 series havent been updated in months and so although its a good receiver its been left behind by the patches not being available

but if you were to use a diablo or trex cam in them they are good receivers

Banned
    Thanks

tm-7755 2va 2c1

hello
    This may sound stupid but please bear with me.
    I have the above technomate rec and want to know if I can just use this to pick up Astra2 with a fixed dish.I know its like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut but let me explain.
    My brother lives in cyprus and receives all the free to air channels via a "skybox",so he receives Astra2 ok! he wants to get rid of sky box and be independant of sky.Could he replace with the above technomate just by connecting his LNB lead to it.There is no need for dish motor feeds cos he only wants to use his fixed dish and he is only interested in receiving all FTA channels on this sat i:e: normal itv and bbc channels plus any freesat/freeview channels.Is it as straight forward as it seems??
    At the moment Sky seem to be restricting him to itv 1,bbc1and2 and a limited amount of other FTA channels,he cant get itv3 or 4 or ant freesat/freeview channels without paying a subscription which is downright wrong.
    Any help/advice would be appreciated.
    xoted