Thread: Patching 5200D via USB

Thanks

Patching 5200D via USB

Hi,

I have just got my 1st ever Technomate receiver (5200D) and hope to be able to upload some patches and channel lists etc via the USB port to enhance its functionality.

Having read some of the threads on the forum for info, I have managed to upload the latest official software from Technomate (v1.16, May-08) via the USB port followed by a factory reset and a restore of the default channel list.

Could anyone please confirm if my proposed next steps are correct to patch the receiver for enhanced channel viewing?

1. Use latest patch available in forum (Compass) or Magic patch via the USB port by placing patch file on USB stick then use Menu - USB - Upload (same process as official software update)

2. kempa87 softcam file - same process as above

3 Channel list - same process as above.

Two additional question I have are:

a) Do I carry out a factory reset after patching the receiver re 1. above?

b) For the channel list, do I use the NDF Upload option in the USB menu or follow the same process used for the other software.

Any help most appreciated.

My first impressions of the receiver are that it is very easy to use and the menus are east to navigate. The USB slot on the front is a real bonus for updates, no more messing around with cables and laptops etc.

Thx & rgds

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    I dont have the tm5000 range but I do have the tm1500 which is a previous model , and so most steps are the same but I dont have the usb menus you talk about

so as for the questions , do a factory reset before and after you have put in the official technomate firmware , and this is the only time you factory reset the box, not after patches or it will revert to technomate firmware

once you have done this before and after , check the menu shows the latest firmware version number

once that is done you are ready for the alterations of patches , tmsoftcams and channel lists , by loading them in in the manner you describe , after unpacking the downloads on your pc , then transferring to the stick , use onscreen menu to get them in from the stick

do not factory reset after any of this or you will lose all these additions and will have to do them again

not sure on the channel list upload/download but basically I know its done from the stick into the box using a menu or coloured button option

bear in mind one option wil be from box to stick , and another option will be from stick to box , so one is upload and the other is download, not having seen one means I dont know these exact details but its based on the darkman loader used with the null modem cable and the data can be transferred both ways , to and from the box

if it ever needs a full reinstall after a crash or other major problem , you will have to use a null modem cable , the darkman loader and load in by serial method in order to reflash the box , then usb or null modem will work.

ie:- for a full reinstall you cannot use usb methods , only serial methods

Thanks

Technomate 5200D Patch

It does not revert to original software after system reset
    Hope this helps

How to Patch a Technomate TM 5000 Series

You need to download the latest patch or softcam key go to the Technomate section click on software 5000 series and check for new patches download new patch if available on to your computer to a folder called Technomate unzip using winrar easiest way is right click then extract here after that go to Technomate section and click on TMSoftcamkey and down load to Technomate folder unzip as per previous file after that highlight both files and send to Flash Drive insert flash dive in Technomate press green button and the go to file transfer just move it to patch and press OK always load the patch first then the softcam key

Thanks
    Echelon, satpaul,

Many thanks for your help. I have patched the TM5200D OK via the USB port as per your instructions and it is now showing the firmware as v1.41p. In addition, I have the TM5000 channel list ready to upload from the RShare links provided in the forum.

The last thing I am struggling with is the softcam file. The TMSoftcam file in the forum is 4 months old so I presume it will be out of date?

I located some softcam files for the Darkman SD and HD boxes but am unsure if these are OK. The Darkman HD softcam file is by kempa82 and is in *.key file format. The Darkman SD softcam file is in *.bin file format. Having got to the final stage I am a bit nervous about messing it up with the wrong file or file format

Any clarification on the softcam file would be most appreciated and that would get me to the end of the process.

Thx & Rgds

Thanks
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63673 contains the latest tmsoftcams by kempa82 for the tm1000 , 5000 and 6000 models

I have uploaded todays tmsoftcam for you

only use the files for your receiver or the similar receivers , not from other receivers

those softcams for other receivers must not be used on your receiver, especially not the darkbox , dreambox , dvb or other softcams

6. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Chazz (09-02-2014)

Thanks
    echelon,

Thank you ever so much for all your help. I now have all the files uploaded and the system is working as it should.

Thx & Rgds

Thanks
    mrvee patching guide for the 5000 usb series

In the USB Menu there are 3 options, these are:

MP3 = To play MP3 files
    JPG = To view JPG pictures
    Data Transfer = To transfer Firmware and Channel lists to the receiver

Requirements:

* USB pen drive formatted in FAT
    * Original Technomate firmware version 1.07 or above copied to the pen drive
    * Latest Darkman or Magic patch copied to the pen drive
    * Latest Kempa82 tmsoftcam copied to the pen drive

Optional:

* TM5000 series channel list in .cndf format copied to the pen drive.

Method:

Please note: If you are prompted for a PIN it is always “0000”

* Power on the receiver
    * Insert the USB pen drive
    * Press the green USB button on the remote
    * Scroll down to the “Data Transfer” function using the arrow keys on the remote and press OK.
    * Scroll down to the original Technomate firmware file using the arrow keys on the remote and press OK.
    * Let the file load into the receiver and ensure that you don’t power the receiver off when loading.
    * Remove the USB pen drive.
    * Power cycle the receiver by switching it off the on using the switch on the rear of the receiver.
    * Power on the receiver
    * Insert the USB pen drive
    * Press the green USB button on the remote
    * Scroll down to the “Data Transfer” function using the arrow keys on the remote and press OK.
    * Scroll down to the Darkman/Magic patch file using the arrow keys on the remote and press OK.
    * Let the file load into the receiver and ensure that you don’t power the receiver off when loading.
    * Scroll down to the Kempa82 tmsoftcam file using the arrow keys on the remote and press OK.
    * Repeat the above two points to load any channel list you may have, please note: the receiver will reboot by default after loading a channel list.

The receiver is now patched!