Thread: What is the best linux HD receiver ?

Thanks

Icon2 What is the best linux HD receiver ?

That can do CS, lol

Hi guys I'm new to the forum

I'm so sick of waiting for that DM800, I'm thinking about buying one of the current HD boxes, I think I like the IPBOX 9000 HD and the Kathrein.

what do you think of both, and is there any other boxes that are better.

I'm currently using DM7020si paired with a Samsung 46'' HD screen and craving a HD picture.

The box has to do cardsharing ( CCCam + MGCamd ).

thanks guys

Thanks
    without a single doute IPBOX 9000 ,great hardware and softwares are coming out fast now...cheers

Thanks
    will the IPBox 9000 read a card and act as a server?

Thanks
    Does the IPBox 9000 upscale SD or play DiVx?

Thanks
    @crabber - There is a 3rd party image out which has the cardreader enabled but I can only get newcs to init my conax card. Can't get ND$ or viaccess card to work.

@xanadu - Yes it upscales SD channels but Divx & mp3 playback is not possible at the moment. The box says it should play both divx and mp3 so they must be going to add this at a later stage.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    does not do cccam though

Thanks
    @ian have you tried with a phoenix card reader yet? as I understand the ipbox runs mgcamd.
    This will be my next step with the kathrein but wife and work preventing this at present!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crabber View Post
    @ian have you tried with a phoenix card reader yet? as I understand the ipbox runs mgcamd.
    This will be my next step with the kathrein but wife and work preventing this at present!
    I tried about 3 or 4 week ago but was unable to get it working. Having said that I wasn't using mgcamd 1.30 at the time.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    There are Easter Eggs in CCcam so i do not recommend using it, one of them is that other users can connect to your server without you knowing it.

There are many other security issues.

Thanks
    well it seems that the IPBOX is the popular choice.

does anybody have those two (ipbox & kathrein) so that we have a comparison on the best HD picture and upscaled SD picture.

which is most likely to get the most support in your opinion, as far as images, emus ?

Thanks
    I've only got the ipbox so can't comment on the other.

HD picture is fantastic.
    SD upscaled picture is good but not a good as I thought it would be (not sure if I was expecting too much though)
    The software still has quite a few bugs but nothing that stops you watching anything.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_t_baxter View Post
    @xanadu - Yes it upscales SD channels but Divx & mp3 playback is not possible at the moment. The box says it should play both divx and mp3 so they must be going to add this at a later stage.
    Thanks ian,

Think I will wait until there is a HD box that justifies a ~£500+ price tag.

IPBox 9000HD is on my short list but at present offers nothing amazing, and support seems slow.

Thanks
    support is what seems to be the major issue with these new boxes, I have a dreambox and the support is amazing, but no HD box other than the mythical 8000\800.

@crabber, did you use the IPBOX 9000 HD ? or saw it anywhere, I'm asking because you said that the Kathrein UFS910 scales SD picture quite nicely, I'm interested to see if the IPBOX does a nice job also.

I'm currently leaning towards the IPBOX, due to the features that are not present in the Kathrein like an internal HDD.

do you guys any reputable shops online that sell these receivers, and ship to the USA or the UK.
    Last edited by marboosh; 22-04-2008 at 01:00 AM. Reason: added some more info