Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tm6900 to dvd

Thanks

tm6900 to dvd

can anyone tell me if its possible to copy from usb hard drive attached to the tm6900 to a dvd.
    thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    I doubt it

you can copy the files to a pc and convert them into usable video files and then put onto dvd using various programs

Thanks
    thanks echelon what kind of software would i need to convert to usable video files.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    VideoReDo Plus is definitely one of them , and a TS/PS Cutting program Womble MpegVCR is another

this is a copy and paste from darkmans site

Assuming you are using a Flash Key Drive the files it produces [.ts] cannot be played by most software as you have found.

VideoReDo allows you to copy files of various of formats, including .ts, into mpg files which most players can play.
    Although I haven't done so you should be able to create DVD's from these mpg files.

If you are happy to, just continue using Windows Media Player Classic to play the original files.

Other Players can be more convenient or preferred.

and

you can convert the .TS file to a DivX using DivX encoder with the MPEG-2 plugin

and

Or use the free alternative:

h**p://www.ffprojects.net/tssplitter/tssplitter.htm

and

Nero showtime works

and

ConvertXtoDVD it will do .trp to perfect dvd

Thanks
    thank you echelon for your help.

Thanks

s-video or scart copies,...

depending on what quality you want,..i find s-video out of TM HD to dvd recorder very good, and scart is not too shabby either,..i know there not HD but give it a try,...im using a tevion HDD/DVD recorder,..looks great on playback thru component on philips 42 plasma,..cheers,dobrocop.

Thanks
    hi guys, thanks for all the great help, very much appreciated.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    what kinda compression will not affect quality of an HD recording from .ts into .avi (divx)?? As we well know HD files are hugh files.

Thanks
    some good post in that lot thanks

V.I.P
    Thanks
    just wondering what is the easiest way to edit the ts file on the hard drive? I mean take out the adds at the start and finish of a film, (Thats been recorded via timer/epg) thus to free up space?

Thanks
    video redo will take out all the adds thats what iv done with the files on my humax , 6900 t/m and over the lan on the dreambox play the file from the dream box in to redo . take out the adds ect make dvd .
    Last edited by madsod; 27-09-2008 at 12:47 PM.

Thanks
    Hello

Has anyone successfully managed to transfer *.trp files to a PC and play/edit them? VideoReDo will not even open the files, even with a change of extension to *.ts

TM6900super

Thanks

Thanks
    I agree with delstron, VideoReDo simply can't see the format that the Technomate writes the files in. Seems such a daft situation when a manufacturer uses it's own format which doesn't seem compatible with an editing software.

I'm going to phone Technomate tomorrow to see if they can recommend anything. I bought the 6900 Super for the ability to record programs.

Thanks
    Folks,
    Re Video Redo, it is fine or joining and editing SD .trp, .oo1, .002 etc files--suggest running files throu Quickstream fix in Redo first.
    Re HD .trp .001, .002 etc files, Using TS Splittter adder (Under File) to add files together then run throu TS ReMux to give Blu Ray files.
    Can then play on PC using Nero 8 Showtime and the latest Windows Media Player. Able to select audio trach also.
    Ken H

Thanks
    GB for GB, USB hard drives cost the same or less than blank BluRay media, so for HD recordings it is probably not worth the hassle of transferring to BluRay IMHO.

When you factor in the cosy of a BluRay burner and player, it makes even less sense to go down this route. You gan get a 1.5TG external drive for less than 130 quid now, which will hold about 60 movies, while BluRay blank media costs £4.50...

Thanks
    I am not actually burning Blu ray disks, having HD in blu Ray format allows one to play the files on PC.
    Ken H

Thanks
    My aim is to produce *.mkv files to play on my eGreat HD Media Player. Wouldn't you think it'd be an easy thing to do to get a HD file and play it on a HD Media Player? Not likely!! I think there's something quite silly about all this messing around. I would have thought that manufacturers would produce something to help it's end users get the full potential from there products! If you buy a HD camcorder the manufacture always throws in a piece of software so you can archive you film off, so why not a PVR?

Earlier, I spoke to a guy in Technomates tech support who pointed me towards a piece of software called Wondershare Video Converter Platinum which will quite happily read the *.trp file. I installed the trial version and let it do it's work. I chose it to produce a *.mp4 file as I want to keep the HD resolution. Hours later the end result did at least work but was that jumpy it was unwatchable!

I then put the files through TSRemux and output in BluRay format as from there you can get another program to convert it to *.mkv, the end result was just as bad.

I'm now wondering if it's ever going to be possible to get a HD file for the player.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    ive given up trying to edit hd recorded .trp files. its a real shame. perhaps a new patch could have some editing facility in it? If anyone comes up with an easy reliable piece of software to edit//convert tm 6900 SD/HD files then id even pay for it!!!!

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Using linux I can play the files no problem as a .trp file or renaming them them to .mpg. Had a play around on an XP virtual machine and can play them using media player classic and mplayer (open source software) with the following codec packages.

_ftp://majorgeeks.mirror.internode.on.ne t/multimedia/klcodec445f.exe

_http://www.freecodecs.net/fc/MatroskaPackFull_1.1.2.zip

_http://www.vistacodec.com/fc/Satsuki.Decoder.Pack.4.0.0.0.zip

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks
    Some additional info can be found here:
    Code:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG_transport_stream
    Last edited by Giga; 27-03-2009 at 06:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast