Thread: New to Satellite - Clarke-Tech 2100 plus

Thanks

Question New to Satellite - Clarke-Tech 2100 plus

Hi all,

I'm pretty new at this so forgive me if I'm asking an obvious question.

I've just bought a CT 2100 plus in the hope of being able to receive DigiTV for the Czech channels on there. I'm trying to get a viewing card from the Czech Republic, but in the mean time I've been trying to find some sort of information on how to actually make use of the features of this receiver (patching etc).

I've seen some of the firmware and key files in the Clarke-Tech section, but I have no idea what I would actually need to do with them

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I should start? I've never done any of this before but I'm keen to get started. I probably need an idiots guide!!

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

tccrob.

Thanks
    Well itīs not really that hard.

1. youīll need a null modem cable to connect the receiver to your PC

2. a loader to upload the latest firm :
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60667

3. the right firmware [latest for our model is 114p]

Connect your receiver to your PC and start the CT Uptool [press the connect button]

Select "Firmware" and load CTECH 2100 plus_114p

Now select "Keys" and load the latest softcam from here:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63673

[Donīt worry TM+CT are basically the same-Itīll work]

Turn off & on again-and you should be able to watch DigitTV on 1W and others.

Thanks
    Thanks for that ceyer, I'll give that a go. You make it sound so easy

I'll let you know how I get on. With a bit of luck, I won't be a complete novice for too long!!

Thanks
    OK, I got myself a brand new null modem cable from ****** and tried connecting to my laptop using a USB serial adapter which I borrowed from my brother. I couldn't get the USB adapter to update from a HID to a COM port (surprise surprise, he probably got it on the cheap) so I connected the receiver to my old PC's COM port 1 directly via the null modem cable.

When I open the CTech Uploader interface and click connect, it just tells me to connect my receiver and turn it on (which I had already done). I've tried the auto detect option, as well as different combinations of switching the receiver on/off/standby etc. etc.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Alternatively, is there a way to upload the Firmware and Softcam via the USB port on the front of my CT 2100 plus?

Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Thanks
    Definitely! The way to do it is via USB port. Get one of those cheap USB sticks. Then go Menu .... USB......Data Transfer.... Its the easiest thing that I have ever done with a sat box. The file above is the one to use. Don't use others for other CT models or Technomates. However if you need to update keys you can use either CT or Technomate softcams.

Thanks
    OK, that sounds promising. Thanks for the info, I'll go and get one now!!

Is it fairly obvious where I need to put the files for firmware and softcam once I get into the data transfer section? Sorry I should probably wait until I actually see the menu it gives me before asking.

Thanks again for that!!

Thanks
    Very simple. No loader needed. Save the 114 file and a latest softcam (optional) to the usb stick. Shove stick in CT. Follow instructions above. It will then ask you for your code which is 0000 unless you have changed it. The box does all the work for you!

Thanks
    Brilliant, I can't believe it was that easy!! It's all done now!

Thanks again for your words of wisdom, it is much appreciated!

Thanks
    Doubtless you have pointed your dish @ 1w and found that Digi TV is now clearing!