Thread: help wanted

Thanks

help wanted

looking to buy a hd receiver and was hoping to get some advice.

1 which one should i buy
    2 what channels can you get
    3 what extras (cards ,cams) will i have to buy

thanx

Thanks
    i wouldnt bother yet, i had 1 and sold it on, you can get bbc hd for free on 28 degree and thats the only hd channel you will get for free.
    if you buy a motorised system you can get hd channels on astra 1 and hotbird but you will need trex cam or a diablo cam to get these channels.

I had a humax hdci 2000 and i used to watch premiere hd film channel, they also had discovery in hd but it was in german.

i did not think it was worth it for a few channels, if you want to veiw hd, what i would recommend is buy a ps3 which will work out cheaper, then join a dvd rental company and get the films you want delivered to your door.

chelseaboy

Thanks
    the choice is humax hdci 2000,homecast and passion.it depends on how much you want to spend and what your expecting from hd.it wont be long before more hd comes on the air.

Thanks

help wanted

thanks for replying
    if i bought a humax hd box can i get a lot of film channels that a not hd. can you tell me what films channels you can still get.
    i haven't had a satellite box for a few years the last box i had was a humax 5400 with a fun card
    thanks

Thanks
    if you buy a humax you will still need a cam, if you buy a cam you will get film channels. If you dont buy a cam you will only get only fta channels which include bbchd.

chelseaboy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rhond47 View Post
    thanks for replying
    if i bought a humax hd box can i get a lot of film channels that a not hd. can you tell me what films channels you can still get.
    i haven't had a satellite box for a few years the last box i had was a humax 5400 with a fun card
    thanks
    if you get a humax then get a disblo cam and cas3 programmer then download and install a channel list.films are on premiere,taquilla,tv cabo and whatever else you can get with different sats.