Thread: best back-up

Thanks

best back-up

Hi just wondering how others have backed up their 9100, at the moment mine is working wonderfully including moving the dish via vbox2 and i am not fully certain how i achieved it ive played so much.

currently on ur008 beta5 with no hd installed
    was thinking of trying ur009 or puting a H/d in or iboot. but i want a reliable way of return as its never worked so well as it is at present, or should i just not touch!!

thanks

tr8

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    I think its deffo worth using iboot and a 512mb or 1 gig sd card or similar and get the images working from the card

as for hard drives , make sure its compatible , and to some point you wont know until you try them

Thanks
    Does it matter if it is a SD, a xD or a CF card?

Thanks
    I dont think it matters as long as its compatible with the box

a list of compatible cards is at the back of the instruction book

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    There is a script to do this in UR on another site that backs it up to HDD

shumifan50 has also added the script for it to his TM9100 Installer which should let you backup to MMC

Think I need to use it as I had to do factory reset today after installing a untested skin

Still more mistakes you make the more you learn

TNT

Thanks
    I was only thinking earlier that it would be ideal to have a tool that backed up your settings or images to either a card or the hard drive or the pc

and being able to clone a card , or clone your image as a working file would also be useful

I am sure these things are either available or being worked on

so once you have a working card , say an sd card , it should be possible to copy it or clone it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    I was only thinking earlier that it would be ideal to have a tool that backed up your settings or images to either a card or the hard drive or the pc

and being able to clone a card , or clone your image as a working file would also be useful

I am sure these things are either available or being worked on

so once you have a working card , say an sd card , it should be possible to copy it or clone it
    could you not just copy the cards contents to the harddrive using ftp software?

never tried it myself but it sounds feasible

Thanks
    Clone to a sd card sounds like exactly what i want to do, then i can lock it and keep a safe return point

tr8

Thanks
    Do not have a 9100 and not read all the threads but have you tried the prog F L A S H W I Z A R D to install, backup or delete images and used by the Dreambox brigade.......don't think there exists a DB owner that does not employ it. Would say that this prog is the one that has helped the DB owner have less headaches!!

The habit of copying the most important folders within the image still proves its worth, where you can get a better insight to the working quirks of the receiver, file placement etc, even if they are only copied to the PC.

Attachment 15602

If the prog is not compatible for your 9100, probably and hopefully not too long before you have an author.