Thread: Strange Problem on my 5400

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Strange Problem on my 5400

Well I have 2 dishes ..one for astra and hotbird and another one, on its own for hispasat.

I switched it off regularly and after 2 days when turned on again....No or bad signal on all stations....Of course you would say check main wire, check disecq switch...etc..Tried all, as of course that is the usual problem with such message....
    What I know for sure is that the fault is in the receiver as there is a strong signal in the wire.....Anyone knows what could have happened in the box?....how the tuner has became faulty or if there is any other electronic component that might have been blown out?

Thanks

Thanks
    Sounds like a faulty tuner, but you should check the diseqc settings before doing anything else.If you have recently uploaded new channel settings to your Hummy you could have inadvertently changed the diseqc settings.
    To check push MENU> Installation > Service Searching > Antenna Settings.If you are on an Astra channel for instance ensure DiSEqC Input setting is correct.I f you are not sure what it should be try all four settings to see if you can get a signal back on Astra.
    Best of luck.

Thanks
    there are a few components on the psu that can cause this issue (loosing the 30v line) have a read through the help file stickies as all the info is there

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Problem solved...Tuner was ok ..It was a faulty electronic component

Thanks