Thread: Sony Bravia V Series

Thanks

Sony Bravia V Series

Thinking of getting one of these a Sony KDL-32V200 LCD seem fairly good what you think (1200 euro).

V.I.P
    Thanks
    for picture quality your better of buying either the pioneer, panasonic or the very latest samsung plasma imho

Thanks
    Just getting my head around TV;s - im amazed how many of them are not HD ie 1080 _ You can see why theses companies make so many Models.

Why can they make 2 models:

A = Cheapest

B = The Best

You need the internet to understand each model - even then you dont know. Tv/DVD viewing is heading towards full HD and you wanna be able to watch it. Imagine back in the day when all TV's where Black and white..and colour TV 's started to appear, they could not sell a TV saying it was Colour ready when all you could see was black and white.

Buying a TV now - you have to make sure it can run/handle full HD in its true 1080 glory. Same for recievers...most of the info is in german/french .... appears if you know what you want your half way there.

Thanks
    There isn't many sources for full 1080p HD at the moment. Only Blu Ray and HD DVD are starting to use it. Sky are supposedly going to use it in the near future but you gotta be fooking idiots to subscribe to get there crap. At the moment a screen resolution of 1366x768 will give you HD quality and will suffice with what sources are on offer. For example the Xbox 360 games are all 720p/1080i standard and so what you are saying they are not HD? Of course they are HD and any resolution above 720p is deemed as HD. Unless your a big Blu Ray watcher then buying a TV that can accept 720p/1080i will suffice for the next few years.

Thanks
    I watch many HD DVD's+BlueRay's and looking for a TV to view them ok. Most TV I watch is 720p + 1080p from T/R.

Sly hav said that everythin they broadcast will soon be in 1080i ...any 'HD Ready' HD TV has to be capable of displaying both 720p and 1080i content, either by expanding the image or shrinking it, depending on the screen's native resolution and sometimes its physical size. More and more screens are also supporting 1080p. While 1080p may never become a broadcast format, it'll be used by the next-generation optical disc formats, HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc, and by Microsoft's Xbox 360 and, soon, Sony's PlayStation 3.

HD Resolutions

For a TV picture to be HD it has to be one of three resolutions: 720p, 1080i or 1080p. There are other resolutions, but they're essentially standard definition (SD) sizes. The resolution's number is the number of horizontal lines that make up the image, analogous to its height in pixels. The letter, p or i, stands for 'progressive' or 'interlaced'.

Progressive images are displayed like a movie, one frame at a time, in rapid succession. Interlacing is the same technique used in regular TV: send half the picture at a time but do so twice as quickly. It's a bandwidth-saving technique. Each 'half' of the image comprises alternate sets of lines, so first you send lines 1,3,5,7... etc. then you send 2,4,6,8... and so on. The first set is drawn on the TV screen, then the second lot, but the speed is such that they eye doesn't notice.

Well, almost. In practice, this approach can create visible artefacts when the image is moving rapidly and there's a slight downgrade in the image's effective resolution. This isn't an issue with progressive pictures, which is why many US HD broadcasters show programmes in 720p not 1080i, even though the latter has more pixels and therefore should be more detailed.
    Last edited by applematt; 13-06-2007 at 04:30 AM.