Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Twin lnb

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    you could use an a-b switch to switch between the monoblock and the diseqc switch , or use 2 receivers like me

V.I.P
    Thanks
    >echelon ..is there such a thing as a remote-controlled a-b switch..I have a (rather clunky) manual one already..but too lazy to get up an switch inputs!

Thanks
    no idea m8

I havent seen or heard of one , but you would think that something should exist

I have always thought that perhaps there could have been a switch operated by the 12 volt output , and so with it off it could be on A and with it on it could be on B

but as I say its not something I have seen or dealt with

as for my system , I have now replaced most of the lnb,s with cheap sly quads and have a tm1500 on an 8 way diseqc switch and a tm9100 on a 4 way diseqc switch

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    as for my system , I have now replaced most of the lnb,s with cheap sly quads and have a tm1500 on an 8 way diseqc switch and a tm9100 on a 4 way diseqc switch
    echelon

What you do with your old LNB's and have you got any old twin's?

Also I just realised something about your setup, unless I not read it right.

You said as you look left it increases E e.g 42e 19e 13e.

Was this looking from the front of the dish? as I have 19e to the left and 13e to the right.

The other question I forgot to ask was, how do you work out, how far the next LNB goes and also how you increase the height to compensate.

I may just fork out for a new dish with a multi-arm and new cables as my dish has been up for over 10 years with the cables.

Probably why it has a round arm.

Pity the sponsors here don't do twin lnbs and multi setups.

Thanks

Thanks
    I never had any twin universal lnb,s but I threw the old analogue ones out years ago

in my picture it shows them from the front , and from right to left its hotbird , astra1 , astra2 and turk sat

post 29 actually says this m8

and so from left to right its:---

42e , 28e , 19e , 13e , with the dish focussed onto 13e hotbird

you move the lnb,s up and down the rack until you get a picture on screen and check the signal level ( I used a tm1500 for this )

then do the rest

the arm/rack is preset to the correct angle but I had to extend the lnb arm to get it right

you can get a triax td110 dish and get the triax multi-lnb holder for it which is fully adjustable

Thanks
    I never had any twin universal lnb,s but I threw the old analogue ones out years ago

in my picture it shows them from the front , and from right to left its hotbird , astra1 , astra2 and turk sat

post 29 actually says this m8

and so from left to right its:---

42e , 28e , 19e , 13e , with the dish focussed onto 13e hotbird

you move the lnb,s up and down the rack until you get a picture on screen and check the signal level ( I used a tm1500 for this )

then do the rest

the arm/rack is preset to the correct angle but I had to extend the lnb arm to get it right

you can get a triax td110 dish and get the triax multi-lnb holder for it which is fully adjustable

That's why I wanted to make sure, and I think where I am confused is that the holders I have seen have two lnb's either side, which I presume is to give balance.

Your setup has all 4 lnb's on one side, so lighter lnb's are needed I presume?

My current lnb's are at least 5 years old and semi-heavy.

I'll look around tomorrow for a holder.

Thanks

Thanks
    I have heard of ppl centreing the dish onto astra1 , but I found hotbird to be better for me and it still works a treat even though it is heavier on the left looking from the front of the dish

balancing the lnb,s wherever possible would be a good idea if it can be done , so I would have preferred it that way

and I have now fitted 3 heavier sly quad lnb,s on the right hand 3 ( not turk sat on the extreme left ) and it still works fine so the arm can take the weight ok

my way works , but may not be ideal as far as weight etc

Thanks

Icon10

I have heard of ppl centreing the dish onto astra1 , but I found hotbird to be better for me and it still works a treat even though it is heavier on the left looking from the front of the dish

balancing the lnb,s wherever possible would be a good idea if it can be done , so I would have preferred it that way

and I have now fitted 3 heavier sly quad lnb,s on the right hand 3 ( not turk sat on the extreme left ) and it still works fine so the arm can take the weight ok

my way works , but may not be ideal as far as weight etc
    Yep your way works and is a inspiration for me.

All I can think of is that you've taken alot of time and work on it and when something like that works, you don't want to change it so I just wanted to say thanks for all your input.

I'll go through my system, little by little as I really want to rewire my boxes and AV stuff, but takes me months to move it around the room.

Got so much stuff and scarts, scart boxes, cables, connections to the PC it a nightmare thinking about it.

Least the outside dish side will be easier to sort, but need to make sure I do it quick as my mum watches her regular soaps and drama on one of the Sats and will kill me if she misses any

Thanks again

Thanks
    Excellent results and pics echelon

Makes super fast channel hoping

Thanks
    thanks to u echelon, i now have 13 , 19.2 , 28.2 on my 80cm, was using a monoblock and an lnb off old sky dish, supported the 28.2 lnb with a piece of wood to the arm, and bingo, only thing is i need to get 4way switch instead of going out and plugging the feed into lnb for 28.2,,,thought i was stuck with 13/19 till i read this,,cheers

Thanks
    if you are still using the monoblock then using a 4 waydiseqc switch may not work as you are cascading 2 diseqc switches , so in that case you will need a manual a-b switch instead , or a different receiver if you want to use 2 and not 1

Thanks
    was just about to purchase a 4x1 DiSEqC Switch, when u say manual, would i have to still go outside(have dish on my washing line pole just now lol) and flip the switch mate? i have here a ADX plus (switch thingy i picked up at car booty) and a 2x1 DISEqC, no good as i tried the 2x1 looking to pick up 3 sats, i have a dreambox 600pvr reciever, might just buy a motor,,lol, liked ur way though, only need the 3 sats,,cheers

(only wanted one line coming into house, if i buy a manual switch, will i need 2 feeds?)
    Last edited by flickster; 18-07-2007 at 11:46 PM.

Thanks
    2 feeds for manual switch ( or for 2 receivers )

ideally you want a rack like mine and have 1 cable going to the 4 way switch behind the dish , with 3 or 4 cables from the switch to the lnb,s

Thanks
    k mate,,thanx for ur help,,single lnb's it is then, and a 4xswitch,,get tomm,,cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    That well known German supermarket his about to have very cheap 80cm dishes.

I did check that Pimps main sponsor does not sell dishes before posting this.

Thanks
    tried a zone 2 dish today on 15 west and it worked fine after adjusting the skew !!!

Thanks
    just seen some very cheap 80 cms dishes at L**l's

Thanks
    some more pictures of my two sly zone 2 dishes ,

one dish in pictures 1 to 4 focussed on hotbird with 42e , 28e , 19e and 13e with one standard lnb and 3 sly quad lnb,s,

the other dish in the last picture on 30w with a sly quad lnb ( notice the heavy lnb skew anti-clockwise on this one )

Verified Registered User NeasdenNW10's Avatar
    Thanks
    Very nice indeed.
    I think that I will stick to my motor though.
    Parky

Cool Dude
    Thanks

Icon10

did you ever set up that triax 4 lnb holdr on the 1.1m?/

gbmitie

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast