Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DB500 Pants

Thanks
    Hey no problem to me. I was just pointing out the error. For what its worth Im very happy with my DM500 now it works but I dont think it can be compared with a 7020, not that I have one myself! That said I got the 500 to replace my faulty Technomate and for that it is/was a good choice.

Thanks
    I'm gonna keep mine now, it's working great so far. I got Gemini 3.30 maxvar on it.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamlife View Post
    I'm gonna keep mine now, it's working great so far. I got Gemini 3.30 maxvar on it.
    Same here m8, and using ccam at the mo, opening plenty now, I'm finding me way around the files as well, if it goes **** up it will be to my cost, no one else to blame, we all get our fingers burnt at least once in our lives

Did not mean to direspect our sponsors in any way, money is tight sometimes and rose tinted specs don't help.

Thanks
    ok,regarding the issue of the flashing green light and so on ,i found the real problem as our friend fuji said is the power supply,i did an investigation about the subject and i found all capacitors inside the PSU completly fooked up and that for original and clone boxes ,so after a year or so if you had your box 24hours on i´m sure you will need to remplace the chinees capacitors ,1 extremly strange thing i did find , after tests with both machines original and clone unit with diseq 1.2 motor i had lots of problems with the original but the clone was perfect no even once the motor stoped working ,there is something very fishy about clone dreambox 500 ,i also heard dreamultimedia them selfs created the pararell market ,so they make sure they can sell in both side since the original was very pricy unit ,so the clone or the 2nd class unit could be sold for cheaper ..some kind of monopoly all the way ..in few days or week, we will see the new DM 600 PVR with i very nice new front design ,also the DM 8000 HD as its expected in may as i heard..lets wait and see..best and kind regards
    Last edited by pipino; 04-04-2007 at 01:29 AM.

Thanks
    Hi
    The people worried about paying for or bidding for a dm500 and getting a clone, why not do as I did and buy or bid for an Envision or Eagle (well under £100) they do S and C Versions. I was so impressed with my Sat version I went and brought a C version, Both running Gem4.1, all dm files compattable.
    jbvid

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb582 View Post
    Hi
    The people worried about paying for or bidding for a dm500 and getting a clone, why not do as I did and buy or bid for an Envision or Eagle
    Well, both thos boxes you mention are FAKE with big lethers
    there are even more clones to look out for .

why will anyone wanna buy a clone ??? you will save 50 euro
    but you do know that the clone may not work from day 1

cheers

bobi

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobi View Post
    Well, both thos boxes you mention are FAKE with big lethers
    there are even more clones to look out for .

why will anyone wanna buy a clone ??? you will save 50 euro
    but you do know that the clone may not work from day 1

cheers

bobi
    Hi bobi
    Yes I know they are fake but I only paid fake money so I don't care, I'm chuffed.
    There are also reputable sellers out there selling Envision & Eagle, but its up to you, its only MY opinion, but from what some forum members have said on this thread some originals DM's are poor and some fake.
    jbvid

Thanks
    I know mate , there are some shops that are very well know that are selling this boxes
    and they ofer even warranty.

but a China Mercedes is not the same as an German one is it ???

cheers

bobi

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobi View Post
    I know mate , there are some shops that are very well know that are selling this boxes
    and they ofer even warranty.

but a China Mercedes is not the same as an German one is it ???

cheers

bobi
    No its not, but like I say I can't complain about the price and reliability of my Chinese or from wherever box at the moment as its working fine but I may have second thoughts should I have problems in the near future.
    jbvid

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    I don't think 15v instead of 12V will do any harm as the main board should be fitted with voltage regulators and overvoltage protection.
    I hate to disagree with you xanadu m8 but 15Vdc is well above the design spec of 13.8V (DC12V +/- 15%). That means that the regulator will be working a bit too hard and dissipating about 3W. Whilst it may work, I would advise getting a 12V supply before too long.

I looked into this when I decided to run my 600 (almost identical power requirement to the 500) directly off the battery in my camper. Fortunately a 12v battery on charge shouldn't exceed 13.8V.

Thanks
    i have a dreambox 500 for the last four years, i got it from a fourm sponser, this i did not know at the time, perhaps he was not back then, at the price it had to be a clone, i took it to a techie who added the cline, it had been fitted with an image when recieved much to the tech guys amazement, it has never given trouble, then it is on from 9am-6pm monday to friday, rarely on weekends, i bought a 500 online for a fiver, it arived yesterday i plugged it in, it seems to have a cable tuner, so i am looking for a tuner to fit it, my thinking was/is to use it to learn how to add an image and a line, so if any one has an old tuner for sale let me know, the prices on line vary quite a lot, also some guy is flogging a manual on evil cove for a fiver, put a trawl through yahoo sould get it for free.
    Last edited by flutered; 03-04-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Please read the Rules regarding Sales between members of the forum:

1) NO PRIVATE ADVERTS = this means no sales adverts of any kind , and also means no WANTED adverts of any kind , especially when referring to sat gear (including programming boxes or setting them up for pay tv channels (subscription channels), sat motors , sat receivers , games console`s etc (respect our forum sponsor)
    no part exchanges of any sort allowed either !!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

Barney (04-04-2014), sonic1 (03-04-2014)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234