Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DB500 Pants

Thanks

Contact

**** and bring it to thier attention, put them onto dreams website....

Steve

V.I.P
    Thanks

DM500S circuit board

Hello everybody.

Please find attached an internal picture of the £99 units that are for sale on *Bay.

Regards to all,

Peckish.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,119 Times in 687 Posts
    Thanks Peckish, that board is a clone m8 as you can see the ethernet chrome casing has no engraving and just below the ethernet chrome casing it shows DN500S - it should show DM500S also with a careful eye you can see the printing on the circuit board bottom right "GN3617 94V-0" is slightly different from the original board. On the original board a slash goes through the "0". On the clone no slash through the "0" Also the "V" is more prominent on the original board.

Thanks

Hologram

Heres a very crude blow up of the hologram JPEG from the Dream website.
    You can just make out the word VALID in the window when the image is blown up by 500%. I’ve crudely drawn over it in RED to emphasise it in the bottom picture. Now go back and look at the original and you can see the word VALID in the hologram.

Owners of the genuine DM500 can see the words DREAM ON and VALID animate on the cardboard box hologram when tilting the box.

There isn’t much more I can add to this discussion. I’ve pointed out everything you need to know to confirm whether a box is original or not so what you do next is up to you.

Thanks
    Well mine is genuine and its still pants. I got it back today finally after nearly 2 months and guess what it don't f**kin work. I'm well miffed. I connected it up plugged it in and during boot up the Green LED started flashing both on the DB & on the transformer. Not sure what the problem is but it won't work. I've connected up to pc to try and erase image. It pings ok but after about 30 seconds the same thing happens and it won't work.The dealer is sending out a new transformer, just hope that's the problem. If not it looks like I'll have to wait again.

Thanks
    fuji your problem sounds like a transformer problem. The box you returned was most likely working all along.

Thanks
    From day one I had problems with my DM500, it just wouldnt work. Posted on Dudez at the time but just drew a blank! Fortunately I had purchased the box from the board sponsors and got a quick exchange direct from their distributer. Unfortunately they just sent me a new box, and guess what, the problem was the same but funnilly enough they said my original box was working perfectly! Anyway to cut a long story short I decided to try another PSU, found one lying around the house 12V but only 1 amp and surprise surprise it worked. I should have got back to them and asked for a replacement PSU but to be honest I couldnt be bothered and just got a 12v 3 amp PSU of e**y. Plenty of juice and no problems since. In hindsight I should have thought about the power sooner, as if the dreambox is just a mini PC then it would follow that all the problems I have every had with my PC have been power related (or lack of). Fuji, I hope the new PSU sorts it for you.

Thanks

Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by hda5 View Post
    Heres a very crude blow up of the hologram JPEG from the Dream website.
    You can just make out the word VALID in the window when the image is blown up by 500%. I’ve crudely drawn over it in RED to emphasise it in the bottom picture. Now go back and look at the original and you can see the word VALID in the hologram.

Owners of the genuine DM500 can see the words DREAM ON and VALID animate on the cardboard box hologram when tilting the box.

There isn’t much more I can add to this discussion. I’ve pointed out everything you need to know to confirm whether a box is original or not so what you do next is up to you.
    I have phoned Dream Multimedia today again about this hologram issue, They have 2 hologrames, Infact the guy on the phoned checked his, I didn't tell him what mine said but I asked him what his said and guess what he said? "Dream On" Mine also says dream on.

So theres to solutions here, either A/ The £99 boxes on **** are genuine or B/ The scammers have mastered the hollogram.

Fell free to contact Dream regarding this hollgramme issue

Thanks
    I have just opened my £99 Dreambox and its the same as the above fake. So the only way to tell a fake is by opening the box as the scammers have sucessfully duplicated the hologram

V.I.P
    Thanks

Question @hda5

Hi m8, this is my result from ifconfig.

20:63:30

What do you think

Thanks
    Here are some more fake/original pics from DMM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    Here are some more fake/original pics from DMM.
    I'm affraid the remote has also been well cloned now, my buttons do not stick out. The only way to tell is if you open the box, but most people wont as it wrecks warranty

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally plucked View Post
    From day one I had problems with my DM500, it just wouldnt work. Posted on Dudez at the time but just drew a blank! Fortunately I had purchased the box from the board sponsors and got a quick exchange direct from their distributer. Unfortunately they just sent me a new box, and guess what, the problem was the same but funnilly enough they said my original box was working perfectly! Anyway to cut a long story short I decided to try another PSU, found one lying around the house 12V but only 1 amp and surprise surprise it worked. I should have got back to them and asked for a replacement PSU but to be honest I couldnt be bothered and just got a 12v 3 amp PSU of e**y. Plenty of juice and no problems since. In hindsight I should have thought about the power sooner, as if the dreambox is just a mini PC then it would follow that all the problems I have every had with my PC have been power related (or lack of). Fuji, I hope the new PSU sorts it for you.

Its defiantly the transformer I used my 15v transformer from my belkin router and it works fine. Problem now I need router to go online so I'm snookered until I get a new one. Will it cause a problem using 15v instead of 12v?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fuji View Post
    Will it cause a problem using 15v instead of 12v?
    I don't think 15v instead of 12V will do any harm as the main board should be fitted with voltage regulators and overvoltage protection.

V.I.P
    Thanks

Clone

Hello everyone.

@simonuk

It is obvious, now that you have opened the receiver, that you intend to keep it so have you tried any of the alternative images for it? All of the ones that I have tried work as they should so other than the fact you may be disappointed because it is a clone it should work as normal. You must have noticed by now that the circuit board in the receiver is NOT of poor quality and is quite well made and it uses the same components as the original.
    Personally, I am not bothered if the one that I have is a clone or not. I am more interested in it actually working, and who knows, it may even last as long as an original.

My job takes me all over the world and I am forever carrying a DM7020 or a DBOX2 with me so this smaller receiver should be ideal for the purpose. Just as a test to find out how reliable/troublesom it might be, I installed it in an enclosed box and elevated the internal temperature to 40C by the means of a heat gun and maintained this temperature for a full 24 hours. For a further 24 hours I kept it in the same box and left it outside on the window ledge where the temperature fell to -3 deg overnight and the receiver still worked correctly. During both tests the receiver was hooked up and working. OK, I know these tests are a bit extreme but I was interested to see how robust these 'clones' are and so far everything seems ok, but only time will tell I suppose.

Regards to all,

Peckish.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    Hello everyone.

@simonuk

It is obvious, now that you have opened the receiver, that you intend to keep it so have you tried any of the alternative images for it? All of the ones that I have tried work as they should so other than the fact you may be disappointed because it is a clone it should work as normal. You must have noticed by now that the circuit board in the receiver is NOT of poor quality and is quite well made and it uses the same components as the original.
    Personally, I am not bothered if the one that I have is a clone or not. I am more interested in it actually working, and who knows, it may even last as long as an original.

My job takes me all over the world and I am forever carrying a DM7020 or a DBOX2 with me so this smaller receiver should be ideal for the purpose. Just as a test to find out how reliable/troublesom it might be, I installed it in an enclosed box and elevated the internal temperature to 40C by the means of a heat gun and maintained this temperature for a full 24 hours. For a further 24 hours I kept it in the same box and left it outside on the window ledge where the temperature fell to -3 deg overnight and the receiver still worked correctly. During both tests the receiver was hooked up and working. OK, I know these tests are a bit extreme but I was interested to see how robust these 'clones' are and so far everything seems ok, but only time will tell I suppose.

Regards to all,

Peckish.

I'll be honest, It is very very good quality, I've not hit any major problems, well theres the annoyance with the motor (Technomate sg2100a) but then alot of original DM500's have the same probs. I have gemini on it and no probs, and my sly uk card works fine in it.

Thanks
    Hi all

I read this thread to end and i take very valuable informations. so thanx for that

I have one question : since i'm from morocco and i can buy a dreambox d500 ( genuine or not? i don't know ) but is it sufficient for tests any image i found? will it be supported or no?

is there any solution to extend it's memory?

is the card reader able to accepet original csat french card?

is there a method to plug a usb stick on it?

Thanx a lot for the answers.

bkejji

V.I.P
    Thanks
    1. Depends on the sat dealer. U will come accross alot of fakes as dealers try to sell it cheaper to get more customers

2. Usb Pen Drive is fine or u can use a pc server

3. Depends on what emu u use but newcs mgcamd newcamd will read it fine and update

4. See number 2.

Thanks
    Sorry gov400 your wrong about the pen drive. The DM500 has no usb slot so the pen drive is not an option.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    ok sorry mate i thought it was like my 7020s only smaller.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast