Thread: What is Conax?

Thanks

Question What is Conax?

I thought I start of by giving new comers what each encryption systems means and what is used for by certain companies. I will post in different threads to make life easier for all satellite owners or people who will one day own a satellite system. Hope this helps since I got the information from a reliable source wikipedia.

'Conax is a crypting system for digital television.

Between 1986 and 1992 the core of Conax was formed as a research team in Telenor's R & D department. The technology, including one of the world's first pay-TV smart cards, was put into large-scale operation from 1992. In 1994 Telenor Conax was established as an independent company within the Telenor group.

The company is today owned 90 % by Telenor, the leading telecom, IT and media company in Norway and 10 % by Telenor Venture II ASA, a new fund of TeleVenture, with its main areas of interest within mobile communications broadband and new media / Internet.

Open and Interoperable by sticking to a non-proprietary and open solution, Conax allows the possibility of “freedom of choice” in technology. This is achieved by:

• A fully open, fair and non-discriminatory licensing policy for STB manufacturers to include support for Conax CAS in the STB

• Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) and OpenCable™ compliant transmission format

• DVB SimulCrypt compliance on both transmission and receiver (STB) sides

• Detachable security module using an ISO 7816 compatible smart card

• Supply of Common Interface Conditional Access Modules (CAMs) and CableCards™ (option)

• Using a standard over-the-air STB loader such as the Euroloader or other non-proprietary STB loader controlled by the operator

Conax CAS7 is built on Conax’s strong security technology platform and extensive experience. The primary criterion when choosing a CAS is finding a stable long-term partner who can guarantee the continuous development of mature, advanced technology and functionality.

As a pioneer in the field of conditional access, Conax is a globally oriented player, with a solid base of clients in more than 60 countries. The headquarters are in Oslo, Norway. Conax has subsidiaries in USA, India and Germany and sales & support offices in Russia, Singapore, China, South Korea, Brazil, and Canada.'

Regards,

sstylianou1976

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sstylianou1976 For This Useful Post:

dave1234 (08-02-2015), Its4u (03-12-2013), remolabarca (28-03-2014), sattigre (09-10-2014), shahanwer (01-09-2012), Vu+duo2 (21-01-2022)