Thread: Recommendations for lnb for Gibertini 1m dish

V.I.P
    Thanks

Recommendations for lnb for Gibertini 1m dish

I am looking to update my dish, and am considering a Giberinoi 1m dish. However, I see that it has an f/d ratio of 0.66, whereas my smart titanium lnbf has an f/d of 0.6. I understand that this means that the lnbf will not 'see' all of the dish, so I am wondering if anyone has any recomendations for an lnb to go with my new dish?

I have looked at getting a Gibertini gfeehorn, but have read that they are not very good. Does anyone have any experience of a good feedhorn/lnb combination that works well with a Gibertini dish?

Thanks
    I'd heard good things about the Gibertini C120 Feed Horn 0.67 f/D, i assume this is the one you are considering, you could also check out Invacom to but might be pricey.

Thanks
    I use a MTI Blueline 0.2 LNB on my 1m Gibertini. Getting great results with this setup. Its even picking up Amos 2 and Nilesat at night in N west UK plus many other weak sats that I couldnt get with my previous 80cm setup.
    The installer was surprised by the meter readings -says its as good as many 1.2 dishes,
    regards,
    michael (nmrn)

Thanks
    I have a titanium 0.2db with my gilbertini 135 cms and 100 cms. works fine and pretty good in bad weather

Verified Registered User NeasdenNW10's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have also used Smart Titanium 0.2dB lnb's on Gib 85cm and 1m dishes. Had no problems with them, bought in Amos/Nilesat/Arabsat with ease.
    I think that I might try a MTI Blueline 0.2 to see if it is any better.
    NW10

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I do not doubt a standard lnbf such as the smart titanium will work with the gibertini, but it will under-illuminate the dish, thereby wasting some of the advantage of getting a larger dish.

Anyway, I have now got a 90cm fibo dish that comes with a matched feedhorn, so problem solved

V.I.P
    Thanks
    0.3db Invaom LNB mate is the best one for a gibbi i feel