Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UK address finder

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,266 Times in 3,587 Posts
    Brilliant.

I did notice that the fonts were out again on your last version but I didnt want to pester. All sorted though in this one.

Great news that its also being maintained and updated too. As i said the last update was from 2020 which is a very long time ago with respect to new builds and new roads.

Great work.

Ian.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Actually I've luckily just tested it before going out to work and when you click search nothing happens.

I will quickly have to go back to the older version for now.

Ian.
    Last edited by ian; 12-06-2023 at 06:51 AM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Actually I've luckily just tested it before going out to work and when you click search nothing happens.

I will quickly have to go back to the older version for now.

Ian.
    Wierd it was working for me last night, it only shows nothing if the postcode doesn't exist otherwise it shows all the addressses. Maybe this one checks a different server and there's a server issue just now. I'll have a look in a bit.

EDIT, OK I found the issue, if you are using an ad blocker to block google ads the app disables the search button, I'll fix this and upload later.
    Last edited by mrdude; 12-06-2023 at 01:43 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

ian (12-06-2023)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yes I do use adblock.

Sneaky gits lol, all to get their ads to show. They deserve hacking.

Ian.
    Last edited by ian; 12-06-2023 at 02:31 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yep they are sneaky, what they have done is disabled that button by default so that you need to connect to google servers, once connected (after a few seconds), the code then enables the button if succesfull. I thought maybe it was disabled in one of the resources files - but it's not, so I'll need to check further. They must have figured people were just using ad blockers and then added that extra function. Even though ads are blocked in the app - this doesn't stop the button enabled check. I'll try and find where that check is carried out and enable the button by default.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

ian (12-06-2023)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Any luck with this yet ?

I guess we can always just turn adblock off when using the lastest app, now we know whats causing the button not to work as the ads are now blocked anyway.

Judging by the downloads of your mod though it seems its popular, but it really ****es me off no one has said thanks for your hard work.

No wonder no one mods things and posts the mod when peeps just take and do not say thanks.

Ian.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ian For This Useful Post:

mrdude (13-06-2023)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Any luck with this yet ?

I guess we can always just turn adblock off when using the lastest app, now we know whats causing the button not to work as the ads are now blocked anyway.

Judging by the downloads of your mod though it seems its popular, but it really ****es me off no one has said thanks for your hard work.

No wonder no one mods things and posts the mod when peeps just take and do not say thanks.

Ian.
    Sorry I've not had a chance to look at it yet, I am busy doing sofware mods for quake3 running on my nintendo swtich and psvita so have been doing that instead. Also I was installing and setting up Android 10 on an old tablet that only had Android 5 on it. I'll have a look though when I get some time but it might be a few days as I have a lot on for now. In the meantime you can just use v1.7 as I can easily mod the interface again if you are getting font issues. TBH the new version connects to the same servers as the old one so you are best just using that for now if you want to use your ad blocker at the same time. Can you do a screeshot of your phone running the app so I can see the font issues you are having. If so I'll fix that today for you.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Its not really an issue, which is why i didnt bother mentioning it when you released it, but it is there where you enter the postcode. It does look a little worse on the phone than in the screenshot.

As I said I can use the latest mod with adblock turned off or the older version as you said.

It will be nice to have the new version working correctly, but dont rush and put yourself out if your busy. In fact dont even bother fixing the font on the older version, as I'm going to load the latest version instead and the font is fine in that and run it with adblock turned off for now.

Ian.
    Last edited by ian; 13-06-2023 at 07:18 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ian For This Useful Post:

mrdude (13-06-2023)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    @Ian, you can leave your ad blocker on v1.11 if you whitelist "googleads.g.doubleclick.net" . I am not sure which ad blocker you are using, but some let you have you own blacklists and whitelists.

Also I repacked v1.7 to fix the graphics issues - this should work fine for you now if you decided to use that version instead.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mrdude; 14-06-2023 at 12:57 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

dog-man (14-06-2023), ian (14-06-2023)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Its just a hacked adguard version to make it pro, its simply called adguard. It creates and uses a VPN

Here is the official site for the unhacked version.

-https://adguard.com/en/adguard-android/overview.html

Its the only adblocker I've found that blocks ads within apps as well as for normal internet browsing, it even works in Facebook.

I do not think it allows whitelists.

However I believe it allows app filtering which would effectively turn it off for this app. I will have to look later.

Ian.

EDIT: Nope adguard is not the problem, even with it turned off the latest version does nothing when you try to click on search. I think this version is broken. Either that or this app is somehow detecting adguard is installed and therfore still disabling the search button ?

OK I've figured out you can add whitelists through the adguard filtering log, I've disabled all addresses that adguard blocked whilst using the app but it still doesnt work.

So I've downloaded and installed your latest mod for the older version, thanks for the fonts fix. I really like how youve done it, moving everything to the top so the keypad doesnt obscure anything. I wish Posttag would do the same, the keypad stops the searchbar from being seen in that.

If as you say this connects to the same servers as the new version then it shouldnt matter that its older, it should still have the same functionality as the new version. At least thats my reasoning anyway.
    Last edited by ian; 14-06-2023 at 07:43 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ian For This Useful Post:

mrdude (14-06-2023)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    @Ian, did that fix the font issue for you?

I am not sure why the new version search is not working for you, as for me it is working fine. Search doesn't work if it can't connect to "googleads.g.doubleclick.net" , apart from that I am using PI-Hole on my home network which all traffic is being routed through, so maybe your phone is still blocking that url, you can try by temp removing the ad blocker (just to test) or using the whitelist and rebooting your phone as it will probably be using cached data in the dns that hasn't been flushed. (also you need to close uk address finder and then re-open it once the ad blocker is turned off as the check is only carried out during starting of the app in the first few seconds).

As for the older version, yes it uses the exact same servers and for me it works better, the only difference I see with the newer version is that the new version has a whole lot more ad based code and supports a few different screen resolutions - but for you this doesn't matter because your device is using the xml file that I modded. Probably you are best sticking to v1.7 for now as functionality it's got the exact same features and connects to the exact same server for postcode searching. The new version offers you nothing more than a version code change, which is not always a good thing.

As for Adguard, try this version: AdGuard Ad Blocker v4.1.3 [Nightly] [Premium] [No-Root] [Mod Extra]

Mod Info:
    Premium / Paid features unlocked;
    Disabled / Removed unwanted Permissions + Receivers + Providers + Services;
    Optimized and zipaligned graphics and cleaned resources for fast load;
    Debug code removed;
    Remove default .source tags name of the corresponding java files;
    Analytics disabled;
    Native Sentry code removed and disabled;
    Disabled startup screen;
    No patched watermarks;
    Languages: Full Multi Languages;
    CPUs: armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86, x86_x64;
    Screen DPIs: 120dpi, 160dpi, 240dpi, 320dpi, 480dpi, 640dpi;
    Original package signature changed-Release by Balatan.

All-in-One: armeabi-v7a + arm64-v8a + x86 + x86_64:

Code:
    https://mega.nz/file/Q45lxbjI#DtKUa_-Bw6eWBBDcPPrs2qWjgeB7M5gE8ZHFCemaZNU
    Here's the instruction on how to add whitelists, blacklists:
    Code:
    https://adguard.com/kb/general/ad-filtering/create-own-filters/#exclusionRules
    Last edited by mrdude; 14-06-2023 at 12:11 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

007.4 (14-06-2023), ian (14-06-2023)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I think thats the version I already have but thanks, I will check it out and then try the latest version again. Im using Android 12 I dont know if that matters, but for me the search button just does nothing.

Yes the fonts are now perfect in the older version.

Ian.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ian For This Useful Post:

mrdude (14-06-2023)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts
    currently trying Posttag. so far so good.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Posttag is ok but I think this hacked version of UK Address Finder by Mr Dude is better.

I use it daily, 3 times today in fact.

Ian.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12