Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Energy Bills Rise

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by catseye View Post
    Surely scientists can devise a way of burning coal in a clean fashion (filtration )
    Also if you want a wood/multifuel burner in your house, get a defra approved stove. These do a "reburn" and have 2 burners so you end up burning the gasses coming off the wood (or whatever) which makes then more efficient and you get more heat from them. They are far better than the cheap Chinese junk ones that are sold.

Thanks
    I am pleasantly surprised at the number of people who seem to agree that the rush to be green including net zero is too hasty and we should use our own resources. I fear that the green lobby who are a minority certainly make the most noise. Take the latest group "just stop oil" I saw one in tears being interviewed on GB news, she genuinely believed that a catastrophe was imminent. I would like to take some of them out to sea at this time of the year to see if they still felt we are warming up. Anyway slightly off topic but regarding catseye's post above, I used to have some mates who worked for companies installing the gas main line from where it came ashore in Norfolk to go across the country. They would rent somewhere to stay and the first thing they did was bypass the gas and electricity meters. One of them had the job of testing the welds on the lengths of gas pipe before it was buried. He used to get back handers not to test it from the welders.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to crabber For This Useful Post:

catseye (04-04-2022)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,294 Times in 3,603 Posts
    Im interested in Catseyes electricians that are willing to do that.

I bet theyre not local to me though lol.

Ian.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ian For This Useful Post:

catseye (04-04-2022)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12