Thread: Dreambox TWO uhd and Dreambox 525 combo

V.I.P
    Thanks

Dreambox TWO uhd and Dreambox 525 combo

Hi Guys,
    Although I think I have asked this before, I still cant get the record button to run and record despite having looked on line. Getting into the internal system doesnt seem that easy either. Great quality boxes but would love to crack this little exception. Any help please? Thanks to anyone as usual. Brain

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Long time since i had a Dreambox , but does it have internal memory/hard drive that you can record too , and if so do you have to set up the directory for it ? only thing i can think of that may help you out.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks for you response. No, the new small ones have their record mood turned off to save VAT/purchase tax, and I have tried one way but it didnt work. No hdd but memory sticks can be inserted and read but need access to internal files to do recording. All best - Brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    You will probably need to mount the memory stick, and initialize/format it.
    What image do you have loaded? Most Enigma 2 receivers are similar, but dreambox tend to do things differently.
    Can you please post more details, and possibly grab some screen shots, of your menu, you can use Open Webif, on your PC, to navigate through your menu, and use the print button, on your keyboard, to snap images, the paste this into paint shop, paint shop pro, or other program, and save tham to upload.
    If you know the full details, of the image, you should also find them online. In most images there is an information section, in the menu, and possibly About, which should provide details of your image, and the version, you have loaded.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Didnt realise they were still made or supported

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickha View Post
    You will probably need to mount the memory stick, and initialize/format it.
    What image do you have loaded? Most Enigma 2 receivers are similar, but dreambox tend to do things differently.
    Can you please post more details, and possibly grab some screen shots, of your menu, you can use Open Webif, on your PC, to navigate through your menu, and use the print button, on your keyboard, to snap images, the paste this into paint shop, paint shop pro, or other program, and save tham to upload.
    If you know the full details, of the image, you should also find them online. In most images there is an information section, in the menu, and possibly About, which should provide details of your image, and the version, you have loaded.
    Hi Mickha, thanks again for your interest and help. I am so puzzled. I have used dream boxes for about 16 years but having lost my DM8000 I have bought two of the new small Db's - 525 and DBtwo uhd box. Recording is not possible so I have tried all the online help. I have made it read a memory stick, but no line on the box will allow me to use record button.If I go to setup/Services and recordings/recording paths I get hard disk or no default device selected. /media/hdd/movie are there as is current movie list location the box says select default storage device you want to use for recordings and it says this device gets mounted to /media/hdd.But no success. Any thoughts please? Am I being really thick?? Many thanks - Brian

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Media/HDD/Movie is generally the default location, for recordings, that's my recording path, for my VU+ Duo2, with internal hard drive.
    You can usually change the path, in the menu.
    Some devices don't allow you to record, via a USB port, but I would have assumed that a dreambox would, but that might depend on which image, you're using, and the hardware.

I have found an article, stating the same as you posted, recording factory block, I searched for "dreambox two uhd can you record a program" and found an article on how to remove the block, you might want to search for dreambox two uhd how to remove the recording block?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

brain (06-08-2023)