Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Removing adverts from Youtube on Sony Bravia

  1. #1
    V.I.P dog-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,204
    Thanks
    505
    Thanked 743 Times in 490 Posts

    Removing adverts from Youtube on Sony Bravia

    Does anyone know if and how it is possible to remove the adverts from YouTube on my Sony Bravia?

    I installed 'Smart-Youtube', which seemed to work initially, but has now started operating and looking as if it was the genuine youtube and with adverts.

  2.    Advert



  3. #2
    V.I.P crabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,598
    Thanks
    1,094
    Thanked 917 Times in 472 Posts
    I have a Philips android TV and as I watch a lot of you tube the adverts were driving me mad, I looked at various ways of trying to stop them on the network but in the end settled for S tube (I think it is called) could it be the same as you are using? I have been delighted with it, I use the beta versions which are frequently updated and not only do they stop the adverts before and during a video but will by-pass a sponsored piece as well.
    It isn't on play store, for obvious reasons but can easily be side loaded I assume on a Sony just the same?

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crabber For This Useful Post:

    dog-man (03-12-2021), holmroad (03-12-2021)

  5. #3
    V.I.P dog-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,204
    Thanks
    505
    Thanked 743 Times in 490 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crabber View Post
    I have a Philips android TV and as I watch a lot of you tube the adverts were driving me mad, I looked at various ways of trying to stop them on the network but in the end settled for S tube (I think it is called) could it be the same as you are using? I have been delighted with it, I use the beta versions which are frequently updated and not only do they stop the adverts before and during a video but will by-pass a sponsored piece as well.
    It isn't on play store, for obvious reasons but can easily be side loaded I assume on a Sony just the same?
    I shall investigate. Thanks.

  6. #4
    V.I.P dog-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,204
    Thanks
    505
    Thanked 743 Times in 490 Posts
    It does look like S tube is the same app I have tried.
    It now just loads up the normal youtube when I click on it.
    I shall look for a newer version and uninstall youtube proper before installing the app.

  7. #5
    V.I.P dog-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,204
    Thanks
    505
    Thanked 743 Times in 490 Posts
    Is it safe to log into my YouTube account via this S Tube beta version?

  8. #6
    V.I.P crabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,598
    Thanks
    1,094
    Thanked 917 Times in 472 Posts
    Yes I have logged in with mine and all my subscriptions are there as on the you tube app. I have S tube and the original you tube app appearing separately in the app list so either could be used. If there is anything about the app that I can check for you just ask.

    Edit, I looked to see what version I am on and it says STN Beta 13.60
    Last edited by crabber; 03-12-2021 at 05:20 PM.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crabber For This Useful Post:

    captainglassback (03-12-2021), dog-man (03-12-2021), holmroad (06-12-2021)

  10. #7
    V.I.P captainglassback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,042
    Thanks
    611
    Thanked 238 Times in 153 Posts
    Might you be able to view youtube through a browser? I normally watch youtube through any one of 5 browsers on my PC. Have literally never seen an ad!! Didn't know what folk were moaning about until I used the app in Android....and got hammered by ads!! My PC is rammed full of ad blockers so can't tell you which is working but whatever it is it won't be anything new!

  11. #8
    V.I.P dog-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,204
    Thanks
    505
    Thanked 743 Times in 490 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crabber View Post
    Yes I have logged in with mine and all my subscriptions are there as on the you tube app. I have S tube and the original you tube app appearing separately in the app list so either could be used. If there is anything about the app that I can check for you just ask.

    Edit, I looked to see what version I am on and it says STN Beta 13.60
    I can confirm that the app is working well with no adds.
    I have yet to log in to my proper youtube account.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dog-man For This Useful Post:

    captainglassback (03-12-2021), crabber (04-12-2021)

  13. #9
    V.I.P dog-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,204
    Thanks
    505
    Thanked 743 Times in 490 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by captainglassback View Post
    Might you be able to view youtube through a browser? I normally watch youtube through any one of 5 browsers on my PC. Have literally never seen an ad!! Didn't know what folk were moaning about until I used the app in Android....and got hammered by ads!! My PC is rammed full of ad blockers so can't tell you which is working but whatever it is it won't be anything new!
    I already view youtube on my PC with no ads courtesy of some very good ad blockers.

    I wanted ad free viewing on my Smart TV for my 4 year old grandson.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to dog-man For This Useful Post:

    captainglassback (03-12-2021)

  15. #10
    Cool Dude holmroad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,821
    Thanks
    4,176
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,259 Posts
    S You tube working fine ad-free on both my Sony smart tv and my Firestick 4K MAX.

    Thanks to all.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to holmroad For This Useful Post:

    crabber (04-12-2021), dog-man (04-12-2021)

Similar Threads

  1. Sony Bravia 40v4000
    By fiercewolf in forum HD Televisions Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-12-2008, 01:58 PM
  2. Sony Bravia Labels!
    By diarmuid in forum HD Televisions Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-08-2008, 06:12 PM
  3. sony 32 bravia
    By avigliano in forum HD Televisions Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2008, 05:39 PM
  4. Sony Bravia V Series
    By dman in forum HD Televisions Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-06-2007, 04:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •