Thread: VUsolo4k

V.I.P
    Thanks

VUsolo4k

Hi Guys,
    For years I have run these boxes and had no problems on my moveable dish with H/V recording and playing 2 channels. Having now gone down the Streaming road I have reset the box but have forgotten what to set to be able to both play and record. There is only one aerial input but 8 tuners from former use are in the box. I usually set two tuners - one for the sat and second to align to the first. I can record but not watch a V or H channel - what I have done wrong? Any help - big thanks guys - it's probably age and me becoming forgetful - Brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    If you have only 1 cable, from your dish, and can set up 8 tuners, you must have a unicable LNB. Check your tuner settings menu, to see if you still have it set up correctly.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi Mickha,
    Thanks for the help. Yes, only one cable but used to be able to play other stations when either V or H - i.e same. LNB is a normal one so probably not unicable, but I used to run a full movable dish, but with a stream service now it is not used as a moving dish. Tuner A is set to simple 28e, tuner B to link through to A - same with I and J tuners. No other stations H or V are available if a recording is running, but also used to be if same H or V. Perhaps the VUbox has now got problems? Thanks - B.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    If you have only one cable, and a normal, universal, LNB, you can only set up one tuner, only with a unicable LNB, and one cable, can you set up the number of virtual tuners that you're describing.
    With a normal LNB, and one cable, going into a single tuner, you can only record, and view, channels on the same transponder.

I think you need to post more details, of your satellite setup, including make/model of your LNB.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thank you Mickha - obviously it wasnt clear on me - I used to be able to record one channel, and also play one but usually either both H or V. However, I never seem to have found a problem with using designated both V or H channels paired before - was I therefore just fortunate that the transponder was also the same? If so,what has changed since the same channels - both V or H use to run - but not now. ie BBC 1 H and ITV H - or do I need to check now that despite being of the same V or H, it is now necessary to check transponder? Was I just lucky with the channels I had chosen? The LNB is a 4 output one but not sure of the make. What I have done of course is to remove the satellite movement, and set the settings to A. simple/28e and B. to Equal to tuner A. Same with J/I tuners. Thanks again - Brian

V.I.P
    Thanks
    If it has 4 outputs then it's probably just a normal quad LNB, not unicable.
    Unless you run more cables, from the LNB, to other tuners, on your receiver, you are stuck with viewing channels on the same transponder, during a recording, unless you fit a terrestrial tuner, USB, or internal, and connect a cable from your roof aerial.
    If you now have your dish fixed, on 28.2E, check which channels, you view/record the most, are on the same transponder. and then put these in it's own bouquet, (favourites), folder.
    Code:
    https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

brain (04-10-2021)

Thanks
    take it that you have set up both tuners and lnb type in both tuners and scanned in chanels in both tuners and set them both to the same satellite,you then will be able to receive any/ all v transponder or h transponders not just on one transponder
    x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JOE.MADDISON For This Useful Post:

brain (04-10-2021)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    That's all really helpful guys, and it used to work with all V channels or H channels. I have 8 tuners on the box and it did used to go between one and another A/B and I/J - now I seem to have set the wrong things since I have left having a movable dish so it is set simple/single satellite/28.2e with Disecq - should this be different? Thanks again - Brian[less!]

Thanks
    you wont need disecq but both tuners need setting up and tuning and
    _ lnb setting up second tuner wont work if not set up itself
    Last edited by JOE.MADDISON; 06-10-2021 at 10:39 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JOE.MADDISON For This Useful Post:

brain (07-10-2021)