Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Hello from SW London

  1. #1
    Cool Dude
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts

    Icon7 Hello from SW London

    Hello friends,

    I'm Trevor from south-west London and I've been a satellite enthusiast since the analogue days, my first system being for French TV and radio in 1992.
    Today I have multiple dishes and DiSEqC 1.1 switching with receivers from Technomate, Fortis (Icecrypt, Octagon, Xcruiser), Strong and Aston. I especially enjoy Fransat to help me keep my French up to scratch.

    My profession is project manager in an engineering company.

    During lockdown, satellite TV has been the saviour of my sanity!

    (If anyone has a copy of the official Icecrypt S3550HDCCI firmware version 1.11.87, 2.12.15 or 2.12.18 I'd be very grateful to receive it)

    Very best wishes to all members for the rest of 2021.


    Trevor.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trevor Enefer For This Useful Post:

    Bod (09-03-2021), hda5 (09-03-2021)

  3.    Advert



  4. #2
    Admin hda5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,422
    Thanks
    1,766
    Thanked 7,976 Times in 629 Posts
    Welcome to the forum, Trevor!

    Thank you, so much, for donating to the forum. It's much appreciated.

    Best Wishes,

    HDA5

  5. #3
    Verified Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Enefer View Post
    Hello friends,

    I'm Trevor from south-west London and I've been a satellite enthusiast since the analogue days, my first system being for French TV and radio in 1992.
    Today I have multiple dishes and DiSEqC 1.1 switching with receivers from Technomate, Fortis (Icecrypt, Octagon, Xcruiser), Strong and Aston. I especially enjoy Fransat to help me keep my French up to scratch.

    My profession is project manager in an engineering company.

    During lockdown, satellite TV has been the saviour of my sanity!

    (If anyone has a copy of the official Icecrypt S3550HDCCI firmware version 1.11.87, 2.12.15 or 2.12.18 I'd be very grateful to receive it)

    Very best wishes to all members for the rest of 2021.


    Trevor.
    Hi, Trevor. can you share information on which Octagon and Xcruiser boxes you have and between the two which has a more sensitive tuner and performs better on the weak signals, please. thank you

  6. #4
    Cool Dude
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ymt View Post
    Hi, Trevor. can you share information on which Octagon and Xcruiser boxes you have and between the two which has a more sensitive tuner and performs better on the weak signals, please. thank you
    Hi ymt, thank you for your message.

    I have the Xcruiser XDSR385HD and Octagon SF918G SE+ HD Difference receivers. I actually have three of the Octagons and run one of them with Icecrypt firmware with the Reseller ID changed from Icecrypt to Octagon.

    Both the Xcruiser and Octagon have the same performance as they are from the same Fortis family of receivers. They have excellent quality tuners and lock onto weaker signals (e.g. feeds) very well indeed. Another good feature is that they will lock signals with symbol rates well below the specified 2Ms/s, for example the Belgian radios on 5W (NRJ and Nostalgie) have a symbol rate of 542Ms/s but lock in after just 3 or 4 seconds.

    I would still like to receive a later version of the Icecrypt S3550HDCCI firmware to run in the Octagon boxes but no-one has responded to that request. A shame as all the previous Octagon and Xcruiser firmwares are still available for download on the web.

    All the best,
    Trevor.

  7. #5
    Verified Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Enefer View Post
    Hi ymt, thank you for your message.

    I have the Xcruiser XDSR385HD and Octagon SF918G SE+ HD Difference receivers. I actually have three of the Octagons and run one of them with Icecrypt firmware with the Reseller ID changed from Icecrypt to Octagon.

    Both the Xcruiser and Octagon have the same performance as they are from the same Fortis family of receivers. They have excellent quality tuners and lock onto weaker signals (e.g. feeds) very well indeed. Another good feature is that they will lock signals with symbol rates well below the specified 2Ms/s, for example the Belgian radios on 5W (NRJ and Nostalgie) have a symbol rate of 542Ms/s but lock in after just 3 or 4 seconds.

    I would still like to receive a later version of the Icecrypt S3550HDCCI firmware to run in the Octagon boxes but no-one has responded to that request. A shame as all the previous Octagon and Xcruiser firmwares are still available for download on the web.

    All the best,
    Trevor.
    Trevor, thanks for sharing this information.

Similar Threads

  1. Hello from London
    By JTP in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2015, 02:09 PM
  2. Greetings from London
    By MaCtHeMaC in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2015, 12:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •