Thread: Laminas 1.2m - LNB \ optimal setup

Thanks

Laminas 1.2m - LNB \ optimal setup

howdy all - happy weekend.

i decided to tweak my setup today, as i had a feeling i wasn't getting the most out of the dish since installing it in the summer.

what i noticed was that the LNB holder default position actually holds the LNB too low in the holder, so i dont think its using the full dish face....i slowly angled up the LNB in its holder and watched the signal rise slightly in front of my eyes.

ive manaed to wedge the LNB in a slightly raised position, so now getting much better signals than i was getting....obviously i have ensured the dish and motor were optimal before i did this.

very happy with results, now getting Sky News on 1w at 100% signal instead of 89\91% - and thats true for all of the ARC - extreme west and east....

finally i feel, the step up to 1.2m was worth it from 1m.

PS I find the technomate gold (twin) LNB better than the IBU *quad* - certainly on this dish

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ManikM View Post

i decided to tweak my setup today, as i had a feeling i wasn't getting the most out of the dish since installing it in the summer.

what i noticed was that the LNB holder default position actually holds the LNB too low in the holder, so i dont think its using the full dish face....i slowly angled up the LNB in its holder and watched the signal rise slightly in front of my eyes.

ive manaed to wedge the LNB in a slightly raised position, so now getting much better signals than i was getting....obviously i have ensured the dish and motor were optimal before i did this.

very happy with results, now getting Sky News on 1w at 100% signal instead of 89\91% - and thats true for all of the ARC - extreme west and east....

PS I find the technomate gold (twin) LNB better than the IBU *quad* - certainly on this dish
    So now you have China Radio International you will sleep easy now lol

Thanks
    haha no mate, that WILL not come in, but im beginning to relax myself about it....lol, i can go from 63e to 63w - but 45w is a no go, lol. dont know if its cos my dish is fibre glass, and not tin..?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    I have always adjusted the lnb up/down the holder there is no set position for them as they are all dfifferent sizes etc.
    Some lnb work better pushed right to the front of holder, others to the back and some in middle.
    Get that and the skew spot on and cant go wrong.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:

ManikM (23-01-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
    I have always adjusted the lnb up/down the holder there is no set position for them as they are all dfifferent sizes etc.
    Some lnb work better pushed right to the front of holder, others to the back and some in middle.
    Get that and the skew spot on and cant go wrong.
    skew was very important on 1w i noticed - made a difference of up to 15% signal....worse -> best.

i mentioned above 100% signal, appreciate that doesnt mean much, it equates to 15.6db in the signal finder option...
    Last edited by ManikM; 23-01-2021 at 06:58 PM.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ManikM View Post

hi ManikM, what 1.2m dish are you using

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daxster40 View Post
    hi ManikM, what 1.2m dish are you using
    Laminas OFC-1200 - 1.2m

UPDATE:
    ive just been up the ladder again this morning (freezing) adjusted the motor by a fraction maybe 1-2mm - and now i can get 100% on 52e and 86% on 53e - i can get 100% on 30w, and 34.5w and 12db on 58w (some beam tp)

45w can just DO ONE - annoying that i cant get it, but it must be some kind of weird signal that just aint falling in line with my setup - or just doesnt like LAMINAS fibreglass/plastic...

theres SNOW in the air, so not doing anymore today, as that will intefere with signal - but pleased with results of minor motor change.
    Last edited by ManikM; 24-01-2021 at 10:33 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ManikM For This Useful Post:

daxster40 (25-01-2021)