Thread: Dear old DM 8000 - anyone had this?

V.I.P
    Thanks

Dear old DM 8000 - anyone had this?

Hi Guys,
    Yes - I know what most of you may say - really? Does anyone still use one..?? Well - I do but have a very weird problem - any help greatly appreciated. I need a Cccam on the box but although I can go through all the files in the box this is what happens. If I go to remove plugins it does not show any softcams, and if I go inside the box and check var/etc. and var/bin there are no Cccam files at all. However, if I go to download plugins I can choose Cccam and ask it to be loaded. The screen then comes up with several error paths where files dont open and tells me no files were or can be installed?? Crazy. Any help anyone please? Many thanks - brain

Verified Registered User bonehead's Avatar
    Thanks
    What image are you using mate? Try updating to the latest image and see if that helps

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bonehead For This Useful Post:

brain (26-11-2020)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi Bonehead,
    Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately as far as I know Open-Pli are the only new images available and I am on the latest version available. Perhaps I have to accept that even though it is still working really well, after about 13 years, life is now limited, in this pressurised country where pressure put on us to throw things away and buy new rather than carry on; repair if necessary, and not put ever increasing profits in manufacturers pockets!! Cheers - Brain

5. The Following User Says Thank You to brain For This Useful Post:

bonehead (26-11-2020)

Thanks
    Hi Brain,
    I still use my 8000 buts thats also as I dont have an arieal only a dish. I all so just updated to the latest Open-PLi image a couple of days ago after many years of using an old image ( and getting a new computer to do it with).I did install CCcam but never looked to see if there was any files in the folder but will check when Im back at the computer.Cant you ftp the files you have back over to the folders?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi there,
    It is a great box, and Im just being rather sentimental over it since it was part of my exploring the hobby. I have a dish and it runs up to three boxes, as well a a small Sky dish for one other fixed. 8000, 7020, VU solo4k and DM 525 are all still running in the house. I cant just upload them since it just rejects them with these files are already installed. I may have to reload the image and start from scratch I think.All boxes talk to each other so any recording can be seen as needed and the 7020 will also relay the 4k. Good to chat M8 - Brain Just noted we joined at the same time too!

Thanks
    Yes mate it’s a good box I like it too ( and it did cost a bit at the time ). I’m using a 1.2 meter Channel Master and an old Pace positioner although the dish has hardly moved off 28 east for the last four of five years. It’s such a long time ago that I even added files to the box (keys etc) so need to remember what goes where. Also getting the new computer to connect to it through DCC is not easy at the moment maybe because the program was meant for an earlier windows version. Yes see we joined at the same time I’ve still got the Dreambox 7000 but that’s in the bedroom and hasn’t been used for about 5 or 6 years.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi there,
    OK - I can add a little more but tell me when you have had enough!! hehe. I did have an old 7000, but that also died about 5 years ago out in our house in France.My 1 metre dish has been up for about 12-15 years, and only one new motor in that time - dish still mounted as I first put it up on a pole on the shed - cant replace the shed now- much to my wife's slight annoyance since I dont want to do it all again.
    Since I now use macs I have to keep changing since mac keeps updating and keeps taking progs out of use. The old iDreamx was superb, but now I use either Cyberduck or Filezilla to access the image files, and I keep a small notebook with the basic details of files including the mount manager ones in case I forget settings when I change image.!
    Had lots of help from two or three of our colleagues here over the years, and at present have a full selection of worldwide channels. All best M8 - and great to share the memories. Brain

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I just resurrected my DM8000, pop in a Japhar Sim and give your receiver a new lease of life

Thanks
    Hi dodahday,
    Whats a Japhar Sim mate?

Thanks
    Hi Brain,
    Still really having to look up how we used to do things with the 8000HD,only just got a new computer too so managed to update to the new Open PLI image but need to see if any of the files still work. Is it possible to get anything apart from Feesat to work nowadays?
    Regards,
    Bonehead

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    @bonehead
    It's basically a replacement sim for your Dreambox which gives you slightly more and faster storage and the option of using either a special image (https://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=315662)
    which includes iptv facility. I am only just getting to grips with it myself so cannot give you much detailed information of everything included but I think it's is the best modern day £25 I have spent and my DM8000 has enjoyed a new lease of life. Enjoying the kickboxing at the moment on one of the iptv channels.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I hope I don't get my legs smacked by the mods for posting this link but here is the online shop
    Code:
    https://jam3.japhar.com/japhar/index.php/product/japhar-dm8000hd/
    I had a few years away from the scene myself and have really only reinstalled my gear the last few weeks.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dodahday For This Useful Post:

bonehead (02-12-2020)