Samsung Galaxy A5 phone number problem ? toolkit ?

Hi all

I have a problem with my new phone and ASDA/EE sim swap, wondering if anyone can help ? , my new A5 phone needed a NANO sim so I could not use my old micro SIM from an S5 mini because it was the old 2 in 1 and not a 3 in 1 sim card

short version

in ABOUT in device settings the phone is showing my new NANO sim as being the wrong number, its actually still showing the temporary phonenumber of the new NANO sim that asda posted to me.

after a bit of googling it seems this is difficult to change to my actual ported number from my old sim (and phone) , some results say use an IPHONE or a BLACKBERRY , I have neither

the phone actually works on my old number as asda have transferred or ported it to this new sim because they asked for the sim code near the barcode on the nano sim , but the embedded ABOUT phone number remains the now defunct sim card number that was posted to me despite being ported

so this keeps changing my CONTACTS number for me (personal number listed at the top of contacts), I have to delete it periodically so only my actual old and now ported phone number shows up

LONG VERSION

apparently this has been going on for years , mainly on SAMSUNG GALAXY phones , but also Google Pixels , Moto G,s and others too, it is said to be an android issue that has never been fixed , lol

sometimes it is said that a phone can say UNKNOWN or similar too

here is a link to what some say about the problem

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/...s8/td-p/189250

what I am looking for is either an APP like SIM TOOLKIT that can let me actually edit the phone number from the temporary number to my actual number on this nano sim, because that APP only lets ne read it, not change it

OR

a toolkit on a PC that lets me edit the number on the sim card within the phone to my correct phone number and not the temporary number that came with the new NANO sim ?

or some other workable alternative ?

I hope that makes sense ?

or do I really have to find someone with an Apple Iphone just to edit the number it its internal settings ? as is mentioned as a solution on the net ?

I have no issues in sorting out CONTACTS on the phone , its this embdded sim phone number that needs the temporary number that was assigned to it deleting, replaced by my actual ported over and correct mobile phone number, which you think would be a simple task !! but no , lol

thanks for reading

Dave