Thread: Premier League Football

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts

Premier League Football

Following a Premier League shareholders' meeting on Tuesday, clubs agreed that all 28 games scheduled for to be played in September should be broadcast.
    Newcastle's trip to West Ham on the opening day will be shown on Sly Pick at 8pm, having previously been due to be played five hours previously, while the Magpies' first home league game of the campaign, against Brighton on Sunday, September 20, will be shown at 2pm on the same channel.
    The black-and-whites' final league game of the month, away at Spurs, is due to take place at 3pm on Saturday, September 26 but the outcome of Jose Mourinho's side's ****** League qualifier against Lokomotiv Plovdiv could affect this. Whatever happens, Newcastle fans will be able to watch the game from afar.
    Sly Sports and BT Sport had already selected 17 matches for live broadcast for the first three match rounds of the 2020/21 season. Of the remaining 11 matches, Sy Sports will broadcast an additional six, BT Sport a further three and BBC and ****** Prime Video one each.
    The Premier League have confirmed that they are also in discussions with BBC Radio 5 Live and talkSPORT to agree a similar solution for radio.
    Supporters will not be able return to stadiums until October at the earliest and, naturally, capacities will be greatly reduced when that happens.
    The Premier League are considering appropriate arrangements for matches which will take place after October 1 and reiterated that 'getting fans back into full stadia as soon as possible' was the league's number one priority 'with safety always being our priority'.

West Ham (a): Saturday, 8pm, Sly Sports/Pick
    Brighton (h): Sunday, September 20, 2pm, Sly Sports/Pick
    Tottenham (a): Monday, September 28, 6pm, TBC

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

Barney (08-09-2020), holmroad (08-09-2020), maurice (11-09-2020), Nikkas (10-09-2020), port06 (09-09-2020), ripley (08-09-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    This from the Spurs website: Further to the initial Premier League broadcast selection process for September, our home match against Newcastle United later this month has now also been confirmed for live television coverage.

The fixture, initially scheduled for Saturday 26 September, will now take place on Sunday 27 September, kick-off 2pm, live on Sly Sports.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

maurice (11-09-2020), Nikkas (10-09-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    My ski mate in the UK (a CP fan) tells me that Pick on Freeview's EPG is showing "No Event Information" from 14.40 this afternoon whereas Pick on Freesat has the usual dross.

Strange or what!

Sorry to get your hopes up - he says they are both showing dross now.
    Last edited by Detlef; 11-09-2020 at 01:48 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Detlef For This Useful Post:

Barney (11-09-2020)