Thread: Talktalk and sly

Verified Registered User Weston Calling's Avatar
    Thanks

Talktalk and sly

As a TalkTalk customer who has a Youview box and previously had a subscription to Sly Sports with them, I can now get free Sly Sports for free.

It seems like this happens if I follow a certain approach and at other times I get a message saying I need to subscribe. Is is just me?
    Last edited by saintomer1866; 10-08-2020 at 05:42 PM. Reason: moved to new thread

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    @ Weston Calling yes of course you could have opened a new topic to avoid confusion of posting in this old topic
    i guess you need to keep trying to contact TalkTalk as far as sly tv are concerned Nothing is ever "FREE" without some fine print loopholes .
    Last edited by saintomer1866; 10-08-2020 at 05:43 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

maurice (10-08-2020), Weston Calling (10-08-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    This Topic is 6 years old ,lol's
    @ Weston Calling yes of course you could have opened a new topic to avoid confusion of posting in this old topic
    i guess you need to keep trying to contact TalkTalk as far as sly tv are concerned Nothing is ever "FREE" without some fine print loopholes .
    Thanks for the reply. I couldn't see the option to open a new thread.

Anyway, I am certainly not paying anything for Sly Sports and I have been able to watch it all weekend. I watched the F1 yesterday afternoon and then the golf last night on Main Event without any interuption to service. When I was about to turn off I changed channels and then all the Sly Sports channels were closed. I have Main Event open again today, but there is nothing worth watching until later.

Really I was just flagging up the possibility of a free Sly Sports for other TalkTalk subscribers.

Thanks
    I know it's niche, but I thought I'd point out that Sly Sports has been clearing for me on Youview with very little effort for about 10 days now. I normally stick to one channel when it opens as I know it will clear for 24 hours, but today channels clear even when I switch. I guess this is probably because Talktalk are about to end their Sly Sports service altogether very soon, so they have given uo on the little security they were using.

The main point is that if you are are Talktalk customer and used to have a Sly Sport sub, it's worth checking on your Youview box.