Thread: KASPERSKY a warning

Thanks

Icon6 KASPERSKY a warning

last year i paid £29.99 for k/sky. a month ago they sent a message this year £49.99 or cancel renewal and get a better deal, so emailed them to cancel,got an email back 5/6/20 account has been deleted,today paypal message k/sky has taken £49.99 FROM YOUR ACCOUNT,have emailed them and paypal,and await a responce.still has 11 days before renewal is needed.
    Last edited by JOE.MADDISON; 05-07-2020 at 11:46 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JOE.MADDISON For This Useful Post:

sonic1 (06-07-2020)

Thanks
    had the same with macfee.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JMH For This Useful Post:

JOE.MADDISON (06-07-2020)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    its standard practice with lots of companies that have renew contracts .Often in terms and conditions they give 14 days window to collect renewed subscription. On their web site and your account it should be possible to cancel this but its so well hidden you never do it.The easiest way is to check your auto renew debits on pay pal and cancel them strait away. Be aware some companies have the right to renew the direct debit if you cancel outside the terms and conditions so a monthly check on your paypal account is best insurance cos once they have your money you are not getting back as you ticked the t an c box

Thanks
    Hi I had a different surprise with AVG, two months before my annual cost ran out they sent me an email to remind me I needed to think about renewing my account. As most people do I just ignored as I thought it far to early, however out of curiosity I checked into what they were quoting. To my alarm it was £49.99 not the usual £29.99 which I have always paid. So I phoned them and was told that all my previous payments in the past were offer quotes, so now that offer had be with-drawn.
    Any how to get to the point, I accepted what I was told, but thought I would wait until just a week before it ran out and then pay the £49.99.

Well the week arrived for me to pay and low and behold, another email arrived again informing me I now needed to renew. To my surprise this email stated that the price would be 29.99 so I was well pleased and straight away used the online method of paying the sum of £29.99.

So my advice would be not to be in to much haste to pay early and by waiting they will again give the price that you would be happy with. I think you are able to untick a box in your account to stop them taking it automatically, this I had done last year so maybe they decided to extend the offer again! just in case they were losing me to a rival company! who knows. Anyhow I was well satisfied with the end result.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Bit off topic but I get that with car insurance.

Renewal upped by about 15% - cancelled

Go to their website as a new customer ; almost the same price as previous year.

The amusement is after a few weeks they ask for proof of NCD so I email them their renewal notice.

This has been going on for the last 8 years.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Detlef For This Useful Post:

gbmitie (11-07-2020), johnhenry (10-07-2020)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    I use kaspersky internet security 2020 and avail of the special offer via computeractive of £14.99 OR 2 years for 2 devices for £26.99. They give a snipca link of .. but dont know if I can post on here. its page 32 of latest edition.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gbmitie For This Useful Post:

JOE.MADDISON (11-07-2020)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 470 Posts
    New offer from Bitdefender Total Security 2020
    5 Devices / 1 Year Subscription £19.99. Promotion ends August 1st..

Thanks
    after help from ppal and 2 emails to k/sky received ful refund,and bought ksky with vpn via p rime for £22,,,3 devices