Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NASA/Space-x Launch live

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdude View Post
    I'm watching on youtube just now - it's not far from Docking from the ISS - 585 meters away.
    been watching the last few hours, looked cool as it past over the Med and Turkey.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Apologies to anyone who missed it. It made up 15 minutes on the predicted time and docked at 15:15.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Detlef View Post
    Apologies to anyone who missed it. It made up 15 minutes on the predicted time and docked at 15:15.
    Been watching for the last few hours - they are fully docked now, just pressurising the joint/cavity between the hatches just now - hatches will open in about an hour.

Another big moment in history has just been witnessed :-), that's quite a few now that we've seen in our lives.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

funtime26 (31-05-2020)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdude View Post
    Been watching for the last few hours - they are fully docked now, just pressurising the joint/cavity between the hatches just now - hatches will open in about an hour.

Another big moment in history has just been witnessed :-), that's quite a few now that we've seen in our lives.
    1 of the astronauts bumped his head then kept rubbing it as if he had split his head open. The Wuss 1 thing that irks me is there constant smoke up there arse blowing, American made, american soil blah blah blah.
    Last edited by 3tv; 01-06-2020 at 02:31 AM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,863 Times in 2,251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3tv View Post
    1 of the astronauts bumped his head then kept rubbing it as if he had split his head open. The Wuss 1 thing that irks me is there constant smoke up there arse blowing, American made, american soil blah blah blah.
    It was bleeding, could see it on the tissue just as the "ceremony" started.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    The most impressive part was the first stage returning and landing bum first on a barge in a very choppy sea, that means 85% of the launch vehicle was reusesable and just the fuel was used which will save a lot of costs on future launches.

Its got to be safer landing on solid ground surely, I suppose NASA originally didn't believe it could re-land safely and didn't want to take the risk, the ending of 95% of the rocket being chucked away every time will alter the economics of space flight now, astronaughts still re-enter the atmosphere like a fiery meteorite though and splashdown in the sea, those bits havn't changed.
    Last edited by TonyO; 01-06-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyO View Post
    The most impressive part was the first stage returning and landing bum first on a barge in a very choppy sea, that means 85% of the launch vehicle was reusesable and just the fuel was used which will save a lot of costs on future launches.

Its got to be safer landing on solid ground surely, I suppose NASA originally didn't believe it could re-land safely and didn't want to take the risk, the end of 95% of the rocket being chucked away every time will alter the economics of space flight now, astronaughts still re-enter the atmosphere like a fiery meteorite though and splashdown in the sea, those bits havn't changed.
    Yes I agree, stage 1 landing on the drone ship was very impressive. As was the ships name, "of cause I still love you".

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyO View Post

Its got to be safer landing on solid ground surely, I suppose NASA originally didn't believe it could re-land safely and didn't want to take the risk, the end of 95% of the rocket being chucked away every time will alter the economics of space flight now, astronaughts still re-enter the atmosphere like a fiery meteorite though and splashdown in the sea, those bits havn't changed.

previous launches the first stage would return back to earth and successfully land, the only diffrence with this launch is the 2 crash test dummies
    Last edited by 3tv; 01-06-2020 at 08:34 PM.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    The astronaughts were just passengers on the flight up to the SS, they didn't fly the spacecraft it was on automation, it reminds me of the joke when the crossover from chimps to humans on automation when they asked what do I actually have to do as the pilot ? the answer was feed the chimp when he gets hungry.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyO For This Useful Post:

3tv (01-06-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12