Thread: lost 16East

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

lost 16East

Hi all I am after some help.
    I have lost 16East, it does not appear in my satellite list see pic 1.
    It dose appear in the tuner list as pic 2 shows. I have uploaded a new satellite.xml file but 16east is still missing.
    Any ideas why?
    It is a Vu+ Duo2 with OpenVix with the latest image.

2020-05-24 T 22 42 20.jpg
    2020-05-24 T 22 42 55.jpg
    2020-05-24 T 22 43 14.jpg

Thanks

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Are all your motorized satellites using the same settings, including LNB 1?

You state that you're running OpenVix but your images show OpenPLi?

I've also noticed some strange entries, in your 3rd image, including 17E, which I thought only had the Africa beam signals, yet your other satellites seem to include European, can you please provide your general location, and size of motorized dish.

I've also noticed that in the second image you use Diseqc 1.2 yet also have it set to use USALS, why?

Have you tried doing a manual scan, of a 16E transponder, that you are certain that you can receive, or tried using the signal finder option, to check that you have a good signal, on 16E?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Yes all using lnb 1, 16east just doesn't show up. The dish tracks the arch good as I'm getting Sat's. If the settings were wrong surly I wouldn't get anything. It doesn't seem to matter what I do 16 East.
    I'm using openvix the open pli is just a skin which I downloaded from the openvix.
    I'vettried to do a manual scan but the doesn't know where 16 East is as it's not in the satellite list..
    Regards

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    OpenPLi is a different image, to OpenVix, but it doesn't matter which image, you choose, most are similar, I personally like Open Black Hole, on my Duo 2.

You still haven't provided your general location, but as you have a fixed dish, on 28.2E, I assume that you are in the UK, or at least close enough in Europe to receive 28.2E.
    General location, and dish size, is required to work out which satellites you can receive, and to assist you in setting up.

You state that you have lost 16E, which would mean that at some point you did have it, is this correct, or have you never had 16E, in your satellite list?

You also state that you have uploaded a new satellites.xml file, but did you check the satellites.xml file to see what satellites were listed, and where did you get the new satellites.xml file?

You have managed to add 16E, in your Tuner setup, which should mean that you can move your dish to it, and scan in channels, depending on your location.

Just because you can add a satellite, in your tuner, doesn't mean that you can receive any of the channels, for that you have to check the satellite footprints, and see what you can receive, at your location, and with your size of dish.

As for your dish tracking the satellite arc, correctly, again that depends on your general location, and size of dish, in the UK you can get satellites like 28.2E, 23.5E, 19.2E, 13E, and other satellites, on a very small dish, so if you have a larger dish you can be slightly of the satellite arc and still get these satellites, only your location, dish size, and signal quality readings would determine how your dish is tracking the satellite arc.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

sonic1 (25-05-2020)