Thread: Long time running!

V.I.P
    Thanks

Long time running!

Hi Guys,
    Bought my 7020 about 2011/12ish and has been great but it has now crashed out, and the usual easy start isnt available. It will not reboot - just staying on the opening screen, and trying to flash an image online wont work either.iT could be that we have just had to change up the router and therefore I cant set the router's address to the box - or it might just be dead. However, it does seem to do what is expected when STOP comes up and a new box address is there - any ideas please? - thanks for any help - Brain

Thanks
    Thanked 3,283 Times in 1,494 Posts
    It will be the router change, do you have a crossover cable you can connect to direct from your PC ?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi Sonic,
    Hope you are keeping well - thank you - I will try that if I can recognise the difference between crossover and standard!! We have a very old listed house and ethernet cables and TPlink are the way to traverse/go through thick walls!! Cheers - Brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    A crossover ethernet cable is just wired differently. They were used years ago, before fast routers, so that you could connect directly, from dreambox to PC, and various other reasons, mainly for gaming, but also to work on older dreamboxes.
    Code:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable
    You can still buy them, quite cheaply, or even make your own.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

brain (18-05-2020), sonic1 (19-05-2020)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I have now tried just about everything - I just cannot get the computer to talk to the once it is locked on for flashing. IP address has changed twice - [thank you EE for making us have a new router and four routers later telling us perhaps we ought to have the older one back!!]
    In no way can I get the screen on my computer to flash the box - crossover/direct connections/etc., and I am wondering about factory reset but it is just impossible to connect with it now - even tried usb flashing. Ah well - at least the even older DB8000HD is rejuvenated and still working. Cheer guys - Brain