Hi all,

I am planning to put up a 1m Gibertini dish on a 2.5m pole ground mount bolted into concrete. I have been looking for ground mounts and saw one with adjustable legs so you can make the pole plum. It comes with 3 legs (45cm long) and 1m pole (48mm diameter) but it will be too short to have any line of sight. I need the pole to be 2.5m high so I can install the dish lower down on the pole and for the base of the dish to be at the 2.1 or 2.2 m line with a clear line of sight. I will need to install Stab HH100 motor on it also. My idea is to add a pole coupler and buy a 48mm scaffold pole 1.5m high (maybe 4mm wall) and attach it to the 1m pole using the coupler. The coupler is approx 30 cm long.

Do you think this set up will be strong enough to hold the dish and motor? Will it be steady in the wind? What if i add braces to it and connect it to a fence post or the concrete?

They dont make couplers for 60mm poles so I am stuck with 50mm pole. Although I know the wider the diameter the more stable the pole would be.

Your thoughts?