Thread: Motorised sat

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Motorised sat

Hi all. Looking at installing 1.1 m sat dish with usals, I have seen several brands such as Gibertini, Triax & Orbital. Which of those dishes is better to pick up weaker satellites from Manchester? Anyone picked up any signal from 7w with Triax 1.1? I used to have 1.2m Gibertini with Sharp 0.3db lnb and that used to pick up 7w from b'ham. Also anyone know any good sat installer in Manchester that can set up motorised dish?

Cheers

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Alert2 View Post
    Hi all. Looking at installing 1.1 m sat dish with usals, I have seen several brands such as Gibertini, Triax & Orbital. Which of those dishes is better to pick up weaker satellites from Manchester? Anyone picked up any signal from 7w with Triax 1.1? I used to have 1.2m Gibertini with Sharp 0.3db lnb and that used to pick up 7w from b'ham. Also anyone know any good sat installer in Manchester that can set up motorised dish?

Cheers
    What channels are you looking to pick up from 7w. I'm kind of in line with you but further east and with a 1m motorised i can pick up a few channels from 7w. I have a 1.3m that I ground mount and i can put up far more. I think last time i put the dish up i had over 300 channels.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kegnkiwi For This Useful Post:

echelon (20-12-2019), gbmitie (20-12-2019), Red Alert2 (20-12-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kegnkiwi View Post
    What channels are you looking to pick up from 7w. I'm kind of in line with you but further east and with a 1m motorised i can pick up a few channels from 7w. I have a 1.3m that I ground mount and i can put up far more. I think last time i put the dish up i had over 300 channels.
    Hi Keg, Ideally i'd like to pick up as many sats from 42 east to 30 West, but I know 26 east and 7 west are more trickier. Its a hobby for me. The dish will have to go above the gutter of the house so limited on the max dish size. I suppose 1.2m is max due to wind. Just been reading about Televes 1.1m dish with gain of 40.5 db at 11.7 ghz, this is lightly higher than the Triax 1.1. I wonder in the real world which of these dishes will perform better with an Inverto ultra lnb? Whats the make of 1.3 m dish that you have? I am worried putting something that size above the gutter.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    I have a 1.1m triax near atlantic and can pick up 42 east to 30w easy but no chance on 7w, I can get 26 east ok and as you say dish has to be perfect. With the right fittings and good fixings it will take 100mph. Mine is over the gutter but on a bungalow.

Is 7west still worth having? From what I recall Pedro had to tweak the dish to get it.

Putiing dish over gutter at a height can be tricky, best to set up as low as possible and then push up as high as possible.

I use the supreme sat motor, this one Digital ***** DARK SUPREME LED ALL METAL GEAR MOTOR, black ultra, best cable, and solo2. For 7w the tecnomate 5402 was recommended.
    Last edited by gbmitie; 20-12-2019 at 12:24 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gbmitie For This Useful Post:

echelon (20-12-2019), Red Alert2 (20-12-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    What lnb are you using? I dont know what TP's can be picked up from North West on 7west (if any)?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I would be very reluctant to put such a big dish up above the gutter line. In fact the biggest I think you can have really is a 1m. I would not dare even try with a 1.3 as I once had my 1m on a pole and the wind whip was very bad and the bolts to the pole came loose. I now have my 1m on the house wall on a l bracket and its been up years and never any issue. I think I have a smart titanium lnb on the motorised and a inverto black ultra on the 1.3 when i put it up.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kegnkiwi For This Useful Post:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,403 Posts
    The easiest route would probably be IPTV, using a fast broadband to deliver all the channels, you want to watch, that aren't receivable on satellite, in your location.
    You could then install something like a Penta 85cm dish, and motor, to get satellites from 52E to 30W.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (20-12-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    thanks for the replies. I think 1.1 is the max i would put up. I think with a descent USALS motor it would not move in the wind. I already have iptv but they freeze now and then also dont want to keep paying every year. Mickha do you have any experience on the Penta 85cm? apparently the gain on those are similar to 1m?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Even with a motorised dish you wont get anywhere near the channels you get on iptv at least not without a sub to some type of card share. Even then if you want to watch football they don't carry english audio. I think the really good channels on 7w you need a massive dish. As a hobbie mutisat is good but maybe a change of iptv would help you.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kegnkiwi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    I am in Greater Manchester , 1.1m triax dish and inverto ultrablack lnb, above the gutter line but below the roofline , on a superior dark motor on a scaffold pole bolted with 3 brackets to the side wall using rawlbolts

generally speaking , you are wasting your time trying for 7w and more so with 26 east , even on this setup

the usual sats are ok using this system, but between 30w and 42e , with the popular ones being much easier to pick up, which you would expect

even an 85cm would be fine for the usual popular sats between those figures , which my son uses on his motorised scaffold pole system

I can definitely recommend using a scaffold pole and rawlbolts, not cheaper fixings and not the thinner cheaper poles either

just be realistic and you should be fine , leave the exotic to IPTV and broadband streaming

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Mickha (20-12-2019), Red Alert2 (21-12-2019)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,403 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Alert2 View Post
    thanks for the replies. I think 1.1 is the max i would put up. I think with a descent USALS motor it would not move in the wind. I already have iptv but they freeze now and then also dont want to keep paying every year. Mickha do you have any experience on the Penta 85cm? apparently the gain on those are similar to 1m?
    I bought one for my parents, easy to set up, light, and produces quite a good signal quality. It all depends on the 1M dish you're trying it against.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (20-12-2019), Red Alert2 (21-12-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Very good points. I suppose with the 85 cm i will be able to install lower on the wall as wont look so big. Iptv is all good but isnt as fun as using a dish and tweaking the signal to pick up more channels.