Thread: VU Solo 4K

V.I.P
    Thanks

VU Solo 4K

Hi Guys,
    Recently had a tuner prob with my box but as usual LeeGW has been really helpful and very quick with service to supply a new one.
    However - and I have had this before - has anyone had the tuner decide to leave out some channels on a full scan - even as simple as ITV3&4 and local BBC tv stations. Settings for scan are single sat/28.2E/network -yes/Clear before scan-no/only free scan-no.
    However it is attached to a mobile dish driven by a DB8000 - but setting does state not only STB to drive. Could it be the transponders on the other box blocking any? really stuck on this - didnt have this a while back. Any help - many thanks - Brain

Thanks
    Thanked 3,283 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Is your satellite.xml up to date ?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi Sonic,
    Thanks for your help .xml dated 31/12/2018 and Open ATV is 6.2 has been recently updated and says no update is available. The tuner has played up for about 3 months and then failed completely with no channels on view - all 00-0 signal strength. New one now in place - tuner J - and does a download but various vital channels are missing including ITV 3&4 and BBC southwest for example.Very strange. Brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,275 Times in 3,592 Posts
    Have you tried manually entering and scanning the frequencies, symbol rates and fec's of these channels one by one ? Go to Lyngsat to obtain them.

Doing this would show you if you were indeed getting a tuner lock.

Ian.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ian For This Useful Post:

brain (13-10-2019), Mickha (13-10-2019)

V.I.P
    Thanks

PS re VU Solo 4k

Since I have had three to four months of tuner misworking might I by using system backup to replace things removed the latest .xml in the process and a reload of open ATV might be needed - or am I thinking stupidly since that is the reason for system back-up and reuse which shouldnt affect updated .xml file? Just a thought. Thanks - brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    It's not a tuner problem, but probably a software issue, where some transponders aren't scanned.
    ian has already told you what to do, go into the menu, setup, Tuners & Scanning select the manual scan option, and manually select, input, the transponder details. Your menu options might be different as I use Open Black Hole.

Have you tried scanning in multistream transponders, using Open ATV, on your VU+ Solo 4K? I think the latest Black Hole image can now do multistream transponders.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

brain (13-10-2019), sonic1 (13-10-2019)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi Mickha,
    Thanks for that - I had already done the manual set-up and this is puzzling me 'cos they still show zero stations after download. Perhaps it is time to change my image as I am not sure that open can do that?. Cheers - Brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    If you are missing some channels why not download a channel list and see if they come back. Menu, plugins, download plugins, settings (channel list).

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kegnkiwi For This Useful Post:

brain (13-10-2019), sonic1 (13-10-2019)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    That is something I have never tried - there are many settings for 28e - giga seems a good idea but do I then remove my existing list? thanks for your help - Brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Use a tool like dreamboxedit, to back up, and edit, your channel list, which can then be re-uploaded, if you don't like any of the other lists you try.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

brain (14-10-2019)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks Mickha - I have always used DBE for both my Dreamboxes and the SoloVU and have backed up all the boxes so that I can reset. This worked well till this problem with the satellite search, and of course while I hadnt realised the tuner had gone I ued this again but am not sure now how correct it is since channels were coming and going - I will give it a try and see if the old set will come back - but even using individual TP's it says there are no stations on the transponders in question - weird. thanks very much for all your help/ Cheers - Brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Have you checked if these missing transponders are those affected by DECT interference?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I would if I knew what DECT was - but I thought it was for phone lines? None of my boxes are connected with wi-fi - always by lead for that very reason.
    It is very strange since these channels are there using both of my DB's but the 4K seems to have a mind of its own as to the few it decides it wont accept or say are there. I shall persevere!! Thanks again - Brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    DECT is digital enhanced cordless telecommunications, which can affect certain satellite transponders, whether using a wired, ethernet, connection, or wireless connection.
    I noticed, with my telephones, that sport 1 Germany wouldn't work, unless I moved the telephone well away from my VU+ Duo 2.
    Do you have a DECT telephone system?
    Also a neighbours DECT phone system can cause problems.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

brain (14-10-2019)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks for all your help and knowledge - what you say is fascinating. I know in the older days TV's and mobiles had problems but both the DB boxes have no trouble obtaining all the stations. Phone is about 8 feet from the box and all receivers in the house are run from the one 1m dish. I have disconnected others while trying, and run each from each lnb setting but to no use. It is a very old 17th century house hence the use of leads rather than wi-fi - some areas of the house cant get wi-fi and the only other thing I can think of is very heavy,overcast cloud - it does affect our signal out in France. Also - although I could not get BBC4 and ITV 3-4 on new tune from tuner I then loaded box from saved and others failed - BBC1 HD for example failed. so I then redownloaded and back to where I am now.
    I will shut up now - I have gone on too long and am obviously failing at this hobby!! ROFL. Thanks again - Brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    The VU+ isn't great at scanning in low signal quality levels, at least that's what I've found, with my Duo 2.
    Can you please post some of the signal quality levels, you are getting, and are you trying to scan in the HD versions, or the SD versions, of ITV 3?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Itv 3hd on solo 4k
    Attached Images Attached Images