Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Desperate help needed for my zgemma h9s 4k-uhd.

Verified Registered User funtime26's Avatar
    Thanks
    Have a search for oscampowervu-arm_Vix-11537_all.ipk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to funtime26 For This Useful Post:

echelon (11-08-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    reading through this thread, one thing springs to mind about the files you are using

if this is a receiver with an ARM processor, then you want ARM versions of files like oscam , as mentioned by funtime above ^^^

ie:- DO NOT USE anything with MIPS in the title, which is what my boxes use as they are older and have different processors in them

ARM is what is used on android equipment I believe , ie:- a british hardware company with their own chips

so for oscam , ensure that the one being installed is an ARM based one , which will be in its filename when you look for it and download it, installing only ARM ones like the one mentioned in the previous post

MIPS based files may cause you all kinds of problems

so when looking on our forums here, look at the VU boxes that have ARM chips in them, using ARM based files like oscam , because your box is similar to an ARM based VU box

some files will be universal , like maybe config files, but not the executable files like the actual oscam program itself

so please be warned, learn more about your box and look at similar VU boxes , they are not all the same thing

think of it like petrol and diesel, they both do the same job but you do not put diesel into a petrol vehicle , nor vice versa

4. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

JOE.MADDISON (11-08-2019)

Thanks
    DONT keep sending files to thebox,overlaps and corruption will confuse box,start from scratch,download ,unpack to usb ,clean install,and do not use restore settings,as this will put all your faults back into the box also with oscam take it out and put it back in,do not use restore plugins and dont forget to reboot,i have had friends that have done it all and found channels did not work only to find after a reboot and a wait of a few mins the channels cleared

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JOE.MADDISON For This Useful Post:

echelon (11-08-2019)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi all, hope nobody minds me trying to help

Lots of good input on here maybe I can help a little. I enclose the satvenus panel. Vix images in my opinon can be a pain in the arse. They seem to make cccam really difficult to get working on their boxs and as its an arm box then its even harder.

I have just checked the satvenus panel and although I only have an earlier version if its installed and updated via the remote you can go into arm softcams and download oscam for vix. This may help.

To install take the file within the zip file and send it to the tmp folder. Use your remote and install the ipk from the menu system on your box. Update the package in the satvenus menu from the remote and then go into softcams arm and install oscam from the remote.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kegnkiwi; 11-08-2019 at 07:22 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kegnkiwi For This Useful Post:

echelon (11-08-2019)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Hi dave,
    these are images of what my receivers file structure looks like, using FileZilla, using a VU+ Duo2, and Open Black Hole:
    filezilla1.jpg
    filezilla2.jpg
    filezilla3.jpg

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (12-08-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanks Mickha, quite helpful to me.

Thanks
    Perhaps a Teamviewer session with someone in the know would be of benefit?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    H'i again Mickha, Sorry to keep bothering you, but where do I look on filezilla for VU+ Duo2, and what is the Black Hole, and how do I open it.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    VU+ Duo 2 is the name of my receiver, Open Black Hole is my image, the images just show what the file structure, on your zgemma h9s, should look like, and what appears in the config folder.
    Both are receivers are Enigma 2 based, so should be similar.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    so what he is saying is that his box is made by VU and the model is a DUO2, I have the same make and model here too as do many other people , whereas you do not own or use it at all

he and I both install an operating system called BLACKHOLE (or sometimes we use OPEN BLACKHOLE instead , which I do not believe you can use on your ZGEMMA H9S stb

your operating system is something different , perhaps OpenVIX as you stated earlier had been installed by the supplier , or OpenATV or whatever else may work

so you have neither the box nor the operating system quoted by Mickha, but what Mickha is showing you is the file structures from his box, yours will be similar but may not be the same

you will have to learn file structures same as on your windows pc using windows explorer, because a linux box uses something similar , you said you are not computer literate but you need to have good knowledge to operate one of these linux boxes , they are not for newbies like the spiderbox was

so what I am saying is that these linux boxes are more complicated then your old spiderbox , you need to have more computer knowledge than you did with the spiderbox , more tools , more to learn , and dont assume everyone has the same as you , yours contains chips that neither me nor Mickha have in ours , such as the arm processor for example (and ours arent 4K boxes either)

its like cars , we all drive them but there are many differences , such as makes , models , engines , fuel , number of seats , number of gears , manual or automatic , types of ECU and oil filters and spark plugs and brake pads , steering wheel on the left or the right etc

they will all go to the shop and back, but get into a strange vehicle and you may struggle to even start it, because it may have a start sequence

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi,
    An even easier way to install oscam.ipk file is to format a usb pen drive in fat 32 put oscampowervu-arm_Vix-11537_all.ipk to the root of the pen drive, put it into the back of your zgemma and follow the onscreen instructions do not forget to put a green tick beside the oscam file and oscam will be installed.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to apachee For This Useful Post:

echelon (17-08-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanks for that apachee. And a big thank you to everyone else who has partaken in my problem with this. I have now managed to resolve my issue using satpimps very own concierge, I even managed to put in the disable line for Sky Germany, although that's a bit patchy.
    Anyhow I'm going to close this thread now, as I'm very happy with this stb now its working wiyh my lines added. Before I go I must say a very big thank you to Mickha, who has been extremely helpful, and patient wit me, and to be quite honest, I don't know what I would have done without his help. Anyway thanks again for everything, from everyone.
    davexxxx.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to davexxxx For This Useful Post:

echelon (23-08-2019), funtime26 (23-08-2019), JOE.MADDISON (23-08-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12