Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desperate help needed for my zgemma h9s 4k-uhd.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Desperate help needed for my zgemma h9s 4k-uhd.

Hello folks,
    I recently had a spiderbox which served me well for 9 years. Unfortunately it recently give up the ghost. Anyhow I have now invested in a ZGEMMA H9S stb. I'm looking for a bit of help with it, as I've had it now for a couple of weeks, and still haven't been able to watch what I want on it.
    My problem is I'm struggling to add Oscam to it. I've tried loads of times, and every time I do, I get an error message in softcam manager saying: No Config Files Found; Please set up Oscam in/etc/tuxbox/config. I've not been able to find etc/tuxbox/config on my box anywhere. I have a life time subscription, which again I've not had a chance to use due to my issue. I have just invested in another Oscam sever for a month. Just in case my other server was corrupt or something. I have used satpimps own concierge to the letter to do this, it says its sent to box, but the box says its not, but its the same every time.
    It also freezes up after I have tried to add an oscam, and I have to do a factory reset to get it to work again. Otherwise nothing works, it won't even turn off unless I unplug it.
    Okay, that's my problem, and I would be extremely grateful for any help or assistance on this subject. Many thanks.
    davexxxx.

/tuxbox/

Verified Registered User funtime26's Avatar
    Thanks
    What image u using?I have the wonderful Pure2 on mine

For your Oscam config: pManager - Cam Manager - Install Camd - camd - oscam-config-emu-mariozo (1,0-r2)

Oscam download same but : oscam.emu-latest (pure2 will automatically update oscam when new one comes along)

etc/tuxbox/config is on most images...use FTP program like filezilla to locate and edit.
    Last edited by funtime26; 08-08-2019 at 08:38 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to funtime26 For This Useful Post:

echelon (08-08-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    H'i funtime26,
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I'm really new to this especially this new box I've just purchased, and I really haven't a clue what you've just told me. I'm not computer illiterate but I'm no expert either. I have been using concierge from satpimps, which I found reasonable easy to use. In that when it says send to box, I click send to box, and it says its gone successfully, and then I click disconnect box as instructed. Then when I go to my box, in softcam manager it says: no config files found. Please set up oscam in etc/tuxbox/config. If I new how to find it, and enter it I thought I might be able to configure it from there.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    have you downloaded, and installed, a recent version of Oscam?
    With most images you can download Oscam via the menu options, under softcams, otherwise you might need to use a FTP program, File Transfer Protocol, like Filezilla, which is free.
    There are various videos, showing how to do this, including:
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WFziwcnAxE
    All you need to do is download, and run, Filezilla.
    In the Host box you type in your receivers IP Address, which can be found in the receivers menu, under Network.
    In the Username box type root, ignore the other boxes, and click the quick connect option.
    This should bring up the files, on your receiver, on the right hand side of the screen, with your PC files listed on the left hand side.

To install an oscam.ipk file just upload the .ipk file, from your PC, to the tmp folder, on the right hand side, by dragging it, and dropping it, into the tmp folder, using filezilla.
    Go to your receiver, into the menu, and look for the option to manually install ipk files.

Once Oscam is installed press the Blue button, on your receivers remote, to bring up the cams, highlight the Oscam version, by pressing the left/right centre buttons, then the OK button, to select it.

You should then find the Config folder in the etc folder, tuxbox sub folder, where you can drag the files created by the softcam concierge tool.

There are many guides, for using Enigma 2 based receivers, that can be useful, including the VU+ guides, provided by Lee, from Goldwafers, in the VU+ section.

Please post back, with the results, and any further questions.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (09-08-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,747 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Alternatively, just ftp into your box an go to '/etc/tuxbox', once there create a new folder named 'config'.
    Now just copy your oscam config files to this new folder.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saintomer1866 For This Useful Post:

echelon (09-08-2019), Nikkas (09-08-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanks for that Mickha,
    I think I've taken that in, I'll give it a try later. (Got to go out for awhile) I'll get back to you and let you know later how I get on.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    H'i, sainttomer1866,
    Can you tell me where I can find etc/tuxbox.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    use an FTP program , or the tool DCC and login to the box

open folder VAR , then sub folder ETC , then sub-folder Tuxbox (like you would in windows explorer)

try to find your oscam.config file , this is where the C information goes but needs setting up correctly, meaning you have to study oscam examples

read the tutorials for the VU boxes, because your box is setup the same or similar way, depending on the image installed

learn to use an FTP program , like filezilla or Cute FTP or FLASH FXP or DCC for example

many dreambox tools are now used for the VU and Zgemma boxes

12. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Mickha (09-08-2019)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You need to connect, to your receiver, from your PC, using Filezilla, as I explained earlier, then on the right hand side you will see the folders, on your receiver, click the + sign, on the top right folder, to expand the folders, and you should see the etc folder, click on this, and the + sign, scroll down to tuxbox, and click that.
    Beaten to it by echelon

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (09-08-2019)

Thanks
    As you can't find etc/tuxbox I'm wondering do you have any enigma2 image on it at all?

I would recomended Pure2 if not as it has access to the Pure2 FNC addons (that's for another day once you are working!).

If you have no enigma2 image loaded onto your H9S download the latest Pure2 6.3 image zgemmah9s-PurE2-6.3-20190802_usb.zip

from ht_tp://pur-e2.club/OU/images/index.php?dir=6.3test/airdigital/

You need to "flash" your H9S with the above image on a USB stick in back of the box.
    Last edited by funtime26; 10-08-2019 at 10:17 AM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Can you please tell us if you've loaded an image, on your zgemma h9s or are you still using the image it came installed with?
    Did you set it up yourself or did your supplier do it for you?
    As you seem new to Enigma 2 based receivers there are some videos, on youtube, that might help.

Please copy, and paste, this link, into your PC's browser, and see if your layout looks similar.
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWY8rz_ILds

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (10-08-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I'm using the image it came with, I haven't loaded nothing else. When I purchased it the supplier set it up with openvix. As you say, I'm very new to this box and system, and haven't a clue where to start. I don't even understand what Enigma is. What I need is for someone to guide me through the set up from start to finish, and then guide me on how to add my oscam server. I've tried about a dozen times to add oscam, and each time I've failed. That's why I think maybe my initial settings might be wrong.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Have you found your receivers IP address, by going into the menu and entering the Network settings?

An easy way to do this is by using some of the dreambox tools.
    The DCC, Dreambox Control Centre. will automatically find devices connected to your network.
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?155335-Latest-Version-of-DCC-E2-v2-30

Once downloaded uncompress it, using Winrar, Winzip or the free 7-zip, and open the DCC_E2.exe file.
    Then click the search options, to find your receivers IP Address.

You can then either download filezilla, a free FTP program, or use the version supplied in the VuCC, VU+ Control Centre:
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?168091-VuCC-Vu-Control-Centre-V0-8

Is this what happened when you downloaded oscam?
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHmu3vz6q8w
    Last edited by Mickha; 10-08-2019 at 12:40 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (10-08-2019)

Thanks
    Might be an idea to install satvenus panel which will install your oscam for you if you staying with Openvix. You need the ARM version of Oscam for your receiver not MIPS.
    Last edited by funtime26; 10-08-2019 at 01:08 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to funtime26 For This Useful Post:

echelon (10-08-2019)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi davexxxx can you please save your config files, after using the Softcam Concierge tools, then navigate to the configs folder, copy it, and paste it on your PC desktop.
    softcam concierge 1.jpg
    Softcam Concierge 2.jpg
    Softcam Concierge 3.jpg

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Okay Mickha, done that.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Now you need to rename the configs folder to config, right click on it and select rename.
    Once done connect, to your receiver, using filezilla, click on the etc folder, and the + symbol, then drag the config folder, from your desktop, into tuxbox.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (10-08-2019)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Have you got it working?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (10-08-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    H'i Mickha,
    I have done what you asked, but unfortunately it came up failed. I tried three times, with the same results. I think I've done it right. Is there anyway you would be prepared to operate my computer by remote ? That way I could be sure.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    When you go into tuxbox is the config folder there?
    Can you please post which version of Oscam you downloaded, from the openvix menu.
    It might be better to upload a later version of oscam, by using a .ipk version, and then installing it.
    Alternatively you can try CCcam 2.38, which only requires a CCcam config file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast