Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: spider box and VIP status

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi I had my first satellite in 1982...as you can imagine there were only a handful of channels available ..its a different world today .Its certainly not the end as far as i am concerned as there is still tons of stuff available on satellites and will be for a few more years yet..IPTV is good but cannot beat satellites for quality and reliability in my opinion.

Regards

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KARABANGA For This Useful Post:

fibreman (07-10-2019), funtime26 (07-10-2019), sat-nav (23-10-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KARABANGA View Post
    Hi I had my first satellite in 1982...as you can imagine there were only a handful of channels available ..its a different world today .Its certainly not the end as far as i am concerned as there is still tons of stuff available on satellites and will be for a few more years yet..IPTV is good but cannot beat satellites for quality and reliability in my opinion.

Regards
    We must all be getting old ! I remember D2Mac and TV1000. I originally used to visit my local Sat dealer to get the card updated. As you say I think there is some life left for a bit longer in Satellite. Its also a good pastime seeing what you can get.
    fibreman

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fibreman For This Useful Post:

echelon (07-10-2019), KARABANGA (08-10-2019), maurice (27-10-2019)

Verified Registered User funtime26's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh the days of D2mac, TV1000 and Filmnet....and maybe Red Hot Dutch? lol
    Remember having an Amstrad SRD-510..but wasn't my first box.
    Agreed still fun. I enjoy the getting it more than watching it tbh! (apart from the footie)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funtime26 For This Useful Post:

echelon (07-10-2019), KARABANGA (08-10-2019), maurice (27-10-2019)

Verified Registered User Mobley2's Avatar
    Thanks
    IKS is back up and running at the moment, for those still using their Spiderboxes.
    Regards Mobley2

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mobley2 For This Useful Post:

johnhenry (08-10-2019)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    Your right what was left is going again, I thought it was dead and buried, its a welcome return, thanks to ever got it working again.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    It may as well be dead and buried as far as I am concerned. It was a pretty good service up to about 12 months ago, for about 5 years or so. Since then it has lost about 75% of the channels and what's left is only available about 40% of the time. Absolutely no feedback from the mods about future plans or fixing current problems. For my purposes, watching sport, it has become completely unreliable and an embarrassment when I have promised events to others. I won't be renewing.

I have now turned to IPTV which is far more reliable and quality much improved. Even the free IPTV on Hitech is better than nothing on IKS.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    I agree Thom, but those of of us that have been around for a bit use whatevers available, sport has been quite good on IPTV but a lot of other channels have gone, one thing that I observed is things change all the time these days, the films on the Hitech don't seem to work at the mo but the filth and footy do, the films in the past have taken a dive but always come back.

Lets wait and see.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    IKS is still going albeit with a much reduced nuber of providers, I'm not complaining as something is better than nothing.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyO For This Useful Post:

maurice (27-10-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Access problem

Hello, friends, I have been a member of IKS forum since it first started, and four days ago when doing my usual access I was presented with a page showing only three headings instead of the usual multiple ones, and I would very much appreciate any help or advice to correct this.

Regards mahler.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mahler View Post
    Hello, friends, I have been a member of IKS forum since it first started, and four days ago when doing my usual access I was presented with a page showing only three headings instead of the usual multiple ones, and I would very much appreciate any help or advice to correct this.

Regards mahler.
    Hi, mahler, been like this for about a week, I saw that you were logged in, when I was on.I think that this may be the last hurrah.
    Regards Mobley2.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mobley2 For This Useful Post:

mahler (04-11-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Mobley2 , many thanks for your kind reply, and I'm pleased to learn it's not a problem at my end, but still a little sad it probably means the end of the service.

Best regards mahler

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hello again Mobley2 further to our conversation, I found search site that indicates the site as being up, what do you think m8.

Regards mahler.
    Last edited by saintomer1866; 07-11-2019 at 10:48 PM. Reason: no live links, especially to other sat forums

Thanks
    Hello again Mobley2 further to our conversation, I found search site that indicates the site as being up, what do you think m8.

Regards mahler.
    Well I suppose it is, still up, in that some channels are still clearing, albeit few, and the site is still loading.
    Sadly it doesn't help us much, as there is no info on it. If you read the info below the comment, it explains
    that they only check for a response from the server,and not whether all aspects of the site, are available.
    Regards Mobley2
    Last edited by saintomer1866; 07-11-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks
    Hi Mobley2, I have just logged on the site and all seems okay. Certainly all the headings were there as before, noticed at the time I was the only member logged on.
    Reference a limited service, this has been on the cards for sometime now! Over the last couple of years this has been stated many times.on the forum, sadly ' all good things do come to an end'.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Well guys thanks for your responses, but I'm even more confused now because on my system selecting the opening page I find only "Patches" then below it "Channel Editors" then again below "General Discussion".

Could you guys let me know if yours are any different.

Regards mahler.

Thanks
    Well guys thanks for your responses, but I'm even more confused now because on my system selecting the opening page I find only "Patches" then below it "Channel Editors" then again below "General Discussion".

Could you guys let me know if yours are any different.

Regards mahler.
    Same situation as you mahler, have just checked before logging on here.
    Regards Mobley2

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhenry View Post
    Hi Mobley2, I have just logged on the site and all seems okay. Certainly all the headings were there as before, noticed at the time I was the only member logged on.
    Reference a limited service, this has been on the cards for sometime now! Over the last couple of years this has been stated many times.on the forum, sadly ' all good things do come to an end'.
    Very strange, can I ask what Browser you are using? I am on Chrome, and have only had 3 headers showing, for almost 2 weeks now.
    Regards Mobley2

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    same as others users for me the site has very limited headings ie 3 as above and no means of interacting on anything else. There was some stuff there about 2 weeks ago from the mods about how it was onerous to run with only a small team and that downtime had been to protect against 'attacks'. I can only assume it has become too much to keep the service up , plus they will have been losing income as subs run off and fewer people renew. A well known aucti0n site is full off cccam names but they are not always there for the long term so not sure about them personally, altho' a test line worked ok when I tried it.
    Any info about setting up IPTV lists on HD6000 would be good to know, I haven't had that working for a while and was using IKS when it was up and running - which it still is as of today if you have a valid sub, altho' renewing would not appear to be an option currently
    Last edited by snibble; 07-11-2019 at 01:31 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to snibble For This Useful Post:

Aldo (07-11-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    My thanks to Mobley2 and snibble, for confirming they both have the same situation as I have, at least I'm not alone m8s

Regards mahler.

Thanks
    Hi I have just checked again, still have all the headings.
    However the last members chat was for 27-10-19, there was one other member logged on with me.
    Will be interesting to see if any other messages are put up from that date, also the last membership date message is around the middle of October!
    Around this time of the year usually quite a few members would have renewed and put up messages.

My browser is also Chrome.
    Last edited by johnhenry; 07-11-2019 at 10:03 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to johnhenry For This Useful Post:

mahler (08-11-2019)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast