Thread: Technomate 6902 PVR disk copy

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Technomate 6902 PVR disk copy

Hi

I had to make to copy of my PVR HD files to save them, while the HDD was about to break. The disk works with the PC. Copied the files back on new disk (formatted as FAT32 or exFAT) , but it reformats when connected with Technomate. If the Tecnomate formatted disk is connected to PC, files can be opened after setting the disk letter. How can I make a working disk files copy to run with Technomate TM-6902.
    Edit/Delete Message

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi,

I used to use a Technomate 6900 a while ago which I think works in a similar way to your box. I never tried to copy a drive but perhaps I can make a few suggestions.
    I seem to remember using the drive in windows as well as on the box and cannot remember having any problems. You don't say what size the drives are so I don't know how practical these suggestions may be. I assume you copied the files between drives in a PC in which case there may be compatibility issues between the file systems.

It is advisable to let the TM6902 format the new drive because it will format it the way it wants it so I suggest you do that first.

Then connect both drives to the TM6902. I assume it has two USB connectors, front and back, like the TM6900.

You should then be able to view the contents of both drives using the TM6902 and then transfer files between them.
    I cannot remember if you can copy multiple files or whether you have to copy them individually (which would be very tedious).
    Anyway I suggest you copy just a few files to begin with and try using the new drive to make sure it works before copying the rest.

I hope this helps. My thinking is that if the TM6902 does the copying it should do it correctly. Good luck!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stroker For This Useful Post:

anttimar (12-01-2019), echelon (12-01-2019), manic01 (13-01-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Well, that helped. The problem was originally the old HD which didnīt start except after several power-ons. I made o a copy on another HD, which was not recognized by Technomate. Any file copy I made on Technomate-formatted disk at PC didnīt work with TM. Reconnected to Technomate it always reformatted everything. So I did not dare to connect the saved copy on TM.
    On your suggestion I now connected he original HD, luckily got it restarted and now the copying goes on.

Regards
    Antti Marvia

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anttimar For This Useful Post:

manic01 (13-01-2019), stroker (13-01-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi again, Have now made the copying file by file. It was only possible using USB flash stick as the source since any other HDD was not recognized when connected to the front USB. It was slow as my 16BG stick only takes two-three programme files. Regards Antti Marvia

7. The Following User Says Thank You to anttimar For This Useful Post:

stroker (26-01-2019)