Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lost all my sats on motorised dish

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Liverpool gives a general location of Latitude 53.4 Longitude -2.99, so your Longitude entry should be 2.99W, which is where 0 should send your motor to approximately 3 West.
    If, when you send your motor to 0, it's sending it to 0.8W, which is where you're getting your signal, then your motor is over 2 degrees out.
    If this is happening try entering a Longitude of 1 West and see if that resolves the problem.
    Otherwise you might have to set up your tuner to Advanced mode, then manually move the dish, using your receiver options, and save each satellite individually. Once set up it will work the same, once you select a channel it should move automatically to the satellite.

Can you please post more details, regarding what's happening, and after you try changing your Longitude setting, what happens.

Echelon beat me to the punch, I must learn to type quicker

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (03-01-2019), hda5 (04-01-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    as above, this is what I was suspecting

the installer may not have set the motor zero point (the markings) to 2.99w , but lined it up as 0.8w thor or similar

as mentioned above, this would mean that your motor is 2 degrees out and so would give the issues you complain about

if there was a satellite at 3 west, the installer should have set that when the motor read ZERO on its markings

he had a choice of using thor or 5 west , so 2 degrees out whichever he used , one way or the other

the correct method is use a box set to usals for your location and select one of the 2 satellites , let the motor move to that position
    then disconnect the motor and connect direct to the lnb
    then swing the motor left and right until it found the desired satellite

this would have meant that the zero marker pointed at the imaginary 3 west

lock it up and then reconnect the motor, job done

for 1 west , try this

Longitude = 001.111 (2 degrees out - east of your location)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

hda5 (04-01-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I set up my longitude and latitude, I then go to positioner setup for 6eren or aljazzera english and tweak and try till I get a signal then I can move it to 19e get fta channels then go to 23e ang get fta channels but when I go back to 0.8w or 19e I loose signal and have to tweak it again

Thanks
    seems to me that the motor is not set up correctly on the arc and this would bamboozle USALS because it wants a perfect system. its also possible that something has moved and caused this to happen , which is usually bad weather and storms in the winter , which we have had recently

as MICKA said earlier, you could switch to diseqc v1.2 which is a pain because you would have to locate each and every satellite and store its exact position (ie:- doing it the old way) - each sat position would have to be allocated a different reference number and each one stored and saved as a separate number

7. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

hda5 (04-01-2019)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Can you please post some signal quality readings, when you do get 0.8W, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E.
    Changing your Longitude reading, and experimenting, should be a temporary fix, as you can get some satellites, by nudging your dish.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (03-01-2019), hda5 (04-01-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I have tried the various longitude you gave me but can't get a signal. I aappm now trying to do it dise q when I go to 0 I get a signal for 0 a few seconds the nothing and try to tweak it west and east but can't get anything I done that with usals and it would come in any thoughts

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    hi i have sorted it now got my sats back on. I had to tweak the sats manually. I would like to say a really big thank you for all of the help and support, if it was not for this forum i would have probably given up as i was starting to think it was beyond my expertise. so thanks again it really is appreciated.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fozzer12 For This Useful Post:

echelon (04-01-2019)

Thanks
    so something is not quite right about the setup, but as long as you have it working it can be tweaked when the weather improves by sorting out the dish and motor once and for all

so are you using diseqc v1.2 now ? if so , stick with it until its been sorted properly

when it needs to be sorted, follow my quick guide earlier, by choosing USALS and using your GPS location, connect to the motor and select thor, then take the coax direct to the lnb, by removing the 2 connections off the motor and using an F barrel to connect them

then find thor by moving the dish and motor around the pole, peak the signal and lock it up

then test your sats again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12